Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2014, 01:46 PM   #1
Here to Help

New Floorplans You Love at Recent RV Shows

Dear Members,
We are nine weeks into the 2014 RV Show season. I'm now going on my 10the weekend straight. What floorplans have you seen at the RV shows that you've feel in love with? Help with a brand and model name. Even tweaks on floorplans that you thought were really cool. Thanks for helping!
SabreSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:56 PM   #2
Site Team

SabreSam, it would be nice if you offered a rear kitchen or front living room model, in the Sabre line.

the best rear kitchen we've seen, for its length, is the Montana High Country 293RK.
the best front living room model we've seen is the Columbus 370FL, except it has very little kitchen counterspace. a small rolling island would be a nice option, like what the 320RS has.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:07 PM   #3

speedcat

We saw the Sierra 360PDk at the Louisville RV Show and it certainly turned or heads. Went back a couple of times to re look. I love the outside kitchen on my 36QBOK and the bunkhouse fits the way we RV now but the party deck along with the outside kitchen and bumper grill was very appealing. We met you in Louisville last year and look for you again this year but no go...we were disappointed to have missed you
Airlift system/on board compressor

speedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:43 PM   #4

the 376bhok in the Sandpiper or Sierra lines, the tv almost in front of the sofa it's the way to go. We had next in line a Sabre, but did not like the tv where it is in the bunks models. You need to try at least dealer camping (lol) and watch the tv for at least two hours (movie) and you'll be running to a chiropractor's office!
Also the bunks tv area needs to be able to accomodated a bigger tv.
And a better space for a bluray player in the ent center. We need to be able to enjoy the living area in the rainy days, many of those here in Florida. And two full baths! one shower its not enough for a rv that sleeps more than 10! (by FR promotion)
https://campingbuddys.shutterfly.com/
Camping Buddys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:03 PM   #5
Engineer of Crazy Train

We like the Tracer 250AIR. But we need an upgrade to our TV first.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using the FRF mobile app.
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:13 PM   #6

We went to the rv show yesterday to see what was new and kill some time while waiting for camping weather.

We bought our Roo at last year's show, in part do to some convincing from a factory rep who was there. We love it, and the unless they took the same 23IKSS floorplan and stretched it enough to put a real shower in it we already have our ideal flooplan.

But 3 that really stood out:

Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329 with the Diamond Package. Liked everything about that and would buy that when the kids are grown.

Salem Hemisphere 356QBQ - saw dozens of bunkhouse models, many with nice features, and few 1 1/2 bath models, but the one with the second full bath and rear exterior door was really cool.

Keystone Cougar 337 FLS - this was setup in a row with some huge Montanas. I love the front living room fifth wheels. This model was not quite as long/tall or as heavy as some of the biggest ones, but it felt as big inside. I thought it had the best kitchen of any of the front living room plans we saw, and everything else about it was really nice. The thing that most caught my eye though was the price. "Show special" tag on it was $46K. That was $10-20K less than many of the others before negotiating.

After a couple hundred, they all start to look the same, both those are 3 that stood out. Saw lots of nice outdoor kitchens, and entertainment systems that slide out or rotate between inside/outside.

2022 Columbus 379MBC (Previous 2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS)
2023 F-350 (Previous 2017 F250, 2005 F-150)
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:07 PM   #7
Camper Less Camping

The 2014 XLR Thunderbolt 401 AMP caught my eye...gorgeous and very well laid out floorplan...think the only piece missing was a third AC unit for the garage area...impressive rig!

Old 03-03-2014, 04:16 PM   #8

We went to the rv show in Oshkosh wi and saw the coachman chaparral 360 ibl. The floor plan had the bunk house in the middle of the unit. The kitchen and living room is in the back. A total of 4 slide outs. Very nice but bunks were short.
Fifth Wheel Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:20 PM   #9

New Floorplans You Love at Recent RV Shows

Wanted to down size from a Montana 5th Wheel. Liked the Surveyor SC 226RBDS so much we ordered one. The opposing slides gave it a lot of interior room. Will be in it for 2 months in florida (Jan & Feb '2015) on vacation. Will find out the if is has enough room. Wish us luck!
jwedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:28 PM   #10

If you are not looking to break the bank and if you camp primarily as a couple, You will like the PUMA 30RKSS. Rear kitchen layout, nice living area where you and your guests can actually sit and see each other if stuck inside. Seperate bath and master bedroom area. Liked it so much I bought one last year. Swapped the jack knife for a full queen sleeper sofa, dumped the dinette set-up for a dining room table. I guess we traded some sleeping space fro comfort. But it is mostly just me and DW so it works perfectly for us. Now if the snow melts we might get up to use it this year!

Be well and Camp safely!
David 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:58 PM   #11
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifth Wheel Joy View Post
We went to the rv show in Oshkosh wi and saw the coachman chaparral 360 ibl. The floor plan had the bunk house in the middle of the unit. The kitchen and living room is in the back. A total of 4 slide outs. Very nice but bunks were short.
Layout reminds me of an Open Range 42' that was offered until about 3 years ago (discontinued)...This is the first rig since OR to come out with that floorplan...nice.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:39 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by David 01 View Post
If you are not looking to break the bank and if you camp primarily as a couple, You will like the PUMA 30RKSS. Rear kitchen layout, nice living area where you and your guests can actually sit and see each other if stuck inside. Seperate bath and master bedroom area. Liked it so much I bought one last year. Swapped the jack knife for a full queen sleeper sofa, dumped the dinette set-up for a dining room table. I guess we traded some sleeping space fro comfort. But it is mostly just me and DW so it works perfectly for us. Now if the snow melts we might get up to use it this year!
for us, we would never buy a "stick and tin" trailer, prefer the filon sided ones.
and the living area has the same problem that many have and that is the big tv is at 90 degrees to the seating areas. even with a pivoting recliner, you'll still have to turn your head some. and anyone sitting on the sofa, will need a chiropratic appt. after a few hours of tv watching.
why can't they at least put the tv directly across from the recliners, which is where the owners will be sitting most of the time.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Old 03-03-2014, 10:47 PM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

We tried hitting the DesMoines show sam but it didn't work out!
Maybe next year.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:40 PM   #14
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

We opted for a Hemisphere 282 RK. Lot of counter space since Drovergirl likes to cook up scrumptious meals. We liked the idea of having the kitchen as a separate part of the living space rather than in the middle. Granted I liked a lot of the rear living, but that put the galley in the middle of everything. Just our preference. Didn't want to walk through the kitchen everytime we wanted to go someplace.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:31 AM   #15
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Sam, do you have a show in Peoria?

TURBS
Sabre owners united!
Old 03-04-2014, 01:06 PM   #16
Here to Help

Peoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Sam, do you have a show in Peoria?

TURBS
Sabre owners united!
Peoria, IL....I was there at a show last weekend.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:07 PM   #17
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
for us, we would never buy a "stick and tin" trailer, prefer the filon sided ones.
and the living area has the same problem that many have and that is the big tv is at 90 degrees to the seating areas. even with a pivoting recliner, you'll still have to turn your head some. and anyone sitting on the sofa, will need a chiropratic appt. after a few hours of tv watching.
why can't they at least put the tv directly across from the recliners, which is where the owners will be sitting most of the time.
The Sabre 33CKTS and 32CKTS both have the recliners directly across from the TV.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:09 PM   #18
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreSam View Post
Peoria, IL....I was there at a show last weekend.
Darn it... I knew it was coming up.
Any other midwest shows come up?

TURBS
Sabre owners united!
Old 03-04-2014, 01:16 PM   #19
In Search of a Vacation

The "Grand Design- Reflection 323BHS is a Beautiful floor plan. I love how the kitchen is actually on the street side allowing windows on the door side of a bunkhouse plan. Even has a pantry and island kitchen...
Old 03-04-2014, 01:35 PM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreSam View Post
The Sabre 33CKTS and 32CKTS both have the recliners directly across from the TV.
Sam, i was referring to front living room or rear kitchen 5th wheels, having this issue.

the wife absolutely hates floorplans like the 33CKTS and 32CKTS, because people have to walk thru the kitchen to get to the living area.
that's why she prefers rear kitchen or front living room models, which the Sabre line only has the 33RKTS, which still has the issue of recliners and sofa, at a 90 degree angle to the tv.

Tags
show