Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2014, 11:25 PM   #21

PUMA 32DBKS TT in a Fifth Wheel, would be perfect!
Fiver: '15 Puma 295BHSS Anniversary Edition
Past TV: '13 F150 HD Payload SCrew EB, '08 Tundra CrewMax 5.7L, '02 'Burb 5.3L, '97 Dakota 3.9L
Past Trailers: '09 Wildwood LE 27RB, '02 Palomino Yearling RL, '87 Jayco 1006dlx
campingwilliamsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:13 AM   #22
Engineer of Crazy Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooChooMan74 View Post
We like the Tracer 250AIR. But we need an upgrade to our TV first.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using the FRF mobile app.
And after Further Review, having a CCC of less than 1000 lbs (895 on this yellow sticker) I think this camper just lost some appeal. Doing more calculations, 332lbs after water, and then battery and propane...another 100 lbs gone. Yah, sorry Prime Time.

Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:05 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
and the living area has the same problem that many have and that is the big tv is at 90 degrees to the seating areas. even with a pivoting recliner, you'll still have to turn your head some. and anyone sitting on the sofa, will need a chiropratic appt. after a few hours of tv watching.
Couldn't agree more. Our old rig had the TV that rises up out of the console in the back and the seating was at 90 degrees, off to each side. The design looked really cool, but after a few years of use, we came to decide it wasn't the best layout out there. Yes, even when camping, we like to kick back for a nice movie night once in awhile and watching a movie from off to the side can be a real pain in the neck, literally. One of the must haves when searching for our new rig was to have at least some seating directly across from the TV.

I somewhat agree with the comments on walking through the kitchen to get to the rear living. Aesthetically, I think the rear kitchens look very nice. Like a little apartment. But for me, the unacceptable trade-off is giving up the big rear picture window. In most of the campgrounds we've been, the best view is out the rear window. I'd much rather look at the woods, the lake, etc. and not the kitchen sink and refer.
IllinoisCheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:13 PM   #24
Site Team

Sabre Sam, just went and actually checked out Keystone's new Montana High Country 293RK.
for a length of 32'11", it has an amazing amount of features packed into it.
amazing amount of inside storage, especially in the kitchen. even with the 4-door fridge, it still has a huge pantry. many 5th wheels sacrifice pantry storage when the optional 4-door fridge is installed.
having the theater seating right across from the tv was great.
the bathroom has a full sized shower, instead of a corner one and the sink has a lot of counterspace in the bathroom.

the living area was very spacious.

this is the best rear kitchen model we've ever seen and in a package less than 33'.
i'm hoping a FR brand copies it, like Columbus, Wildcat, PrimeTime or Sabre.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 12:32 PM   #25

What is Max length of a fifth wheel? I would like to see a fifth wheel similar to the 36qbok but longer to accommodate a open deck / toy hauler deck that is the width of the rv and 5 long on the back. I would like to be able to haul a golf cart. The rv may need to be 102" wide . A subframe on the front would be nice to be able to get more out of the storage area.
Brandon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:47 PM   #26
hos

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Darn it... I knew it was coming up.
Any other midwest shows come up?

TURBS
Sabre owners united!
Springfield the weekend of March 27th. We missed the Peoria show too.
hos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:49 AM   #27
Are we there yet.......

Can a powered fan be put in 1/2 bath of the 36qbok? Without power taken from the light. Please advise.
Pbalmer65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:02 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifth Wheel Joy View Post
We went to the rv show in Oshkosh wi and saw the coachman chaparral 360 ibl. The floor plan had the bunk house in the middle of the unit. The kitchen and living room is in the back. A total of 4 slide outs. Very nice but bunks were short.

This floorplan is such a better use of space!!!
Old 03-21-2014, 08:35 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
for us, we would never buy a "stick and tin" trailer, prefer the filon sided ones.
and the living area has the same problem that many have and that is the big tv is at 90 degrees to the seating areas. even with a pivoting recliner, you'll still have to turn your head some. and anyone sitting on the sofa, will need a chiropratic appt. after a few hours of tv watching.
why can't they at least put the tv directly across from the recliners, which is where the owners will be sitting most of the time.

I saw the Rockwood 8329 ultra lite at the Rockland county RV show last month. It's the best floorplan I have seen so far. The living room chairs, dining room, and sofa all have a good view of the TV. I'm picking it up next week.
guitartom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:37 PM   #30

Sam, the Open Range 389 BHS, DW absolutely loved the lay out, kitchen slide with the super lounge. Center Island shape and size was amazing. It was the layout we wanted for our family of 5. After the show, I ran into the Sabre QSIK, took the wife up to see one 3 weeks ago and took delivery Friday, we couldn't be happier. Although the QSIK is essentially the same layout, the island configuration in the OR is something to take a look at.
Redleg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 10:02 PM   #31

Absolutely love the concept of the pull out bench and lock box under the bed of the SOLITUDE made by Grand Design.
I have been looking for RV's that have the outside kitchen and television that is not a bunk house. They are hard to find and when I do they are only rear kitchen models.
I will be in the market to buying a new Fifth wheel in the future. I stop looking at any floor plan that has the television and console in the kitchen area and the dining table in the living area.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:12 AM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksilvi View Post
This floorplan is such a better use of space!!!

I agree. This floor plan would have fit my wants perfectly, and if I had known about it I might have considered upgrading my TV to handle a 5th of that size. It would be nice to see the same concept of a mid-point bunk, rear living applied to a normal TT. You'd have to lose a few of the appointments to make it light enough, but it would be a great model for families.

One thing I haven't seen in a floorplan yet is something that can provide both a separate bunkhouse and a work space. There's some of us that have the option to work while on the road, in order to extend our camping time, but there never seems to be a good place to set up a decent work area. I had toyed with the idea of using a toy hauler and putting an office in the garage, but I couldn't find any that didn't have the kids bunks also in the garage. Oh, there were the few that had a single twin over the garage, but I'm not going to put a pair of toddlers on a bed 7 or so feet off the ground. You'd think a toy hauler might provide options to be more family friendly since they're made to haul, well, toys.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:35 PM   #33

New Floorplans You Love at Recent RV Shows

Hey Sam, I didn't go to any RV shows this year because I am still very happy with my 2010 Sabre fifth wheel and feel like I can keep this camper for a long time. But there is one floor plan that I wish Sabre would start building in their fifth wheel models that I have seen in a few other fifth wheel brands (but I can't remember any brands right now). A fifth wheel with the living room area upstairs, rear master bedroom and kitchen area in the middle. If the Sabre model would come out with this floor plan I would be at my dealership tomorrow morning preordering my New Sabre and trading in my present Sabre. Let me know if you think this floor plan could ever be a reality. I would love an upstairs living room area.
Woodchuck88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:35 AM   #34

We were sold on the Silverback 33Rl. Then we went to the Detroit RV show and saw a Columbus 320 RS. My wife fell in love with this 5er and you know the saying "Happy wife, Happy life" so we will be ordering this week.
Sodapopman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:49 AM   #35
Experienced Newbie

We went to the Flint, Mi MARVAC camper show about 2 weeks ago and fell head over heels in love with the Keystone Cougar 31SQB.
The rear "wraparound" bunkhouse with a wardrobe slide and it's own tv will be great for entertaining our guests.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forest River Forums mobile app

2011 Silverado CC/SB
2014 Cougar 31SQB
mhartzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:35 PM   #36

Anybody know anything about changes for 2015 cedar creek cottages?
tarpumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 01:51 AM   #37
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarpumn View Post
Anybody know anything about changes for 2015 cedar creek cottages?
tarpumn, this thread is in the Palomino sub-forum.
if you have a question about a Cedar Creek Cottage model, suggest you post it in the Cedar Creek sub-forum.
not many CC owners will be reading posts in the Palomino forum.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:01 AM   #38

Sorry, new to forum. I'll try and find correct one.
tarpumn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
show