Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2012, 12:01 PM   #21

Good Dealers

Sure sounds like some of you have had prompt service and quick turn arround times from your dealers. I would give kudos(kiss,hug, thank my lucky stars) to my dealer and support them anyway I could for that kind of service.

We missed our window of opportunity for a camping trip to New Mexico with our nephew. Poor kid planned half the summer, but we couldn't have made the trip with only one a/c working and it's back to school after next week. Oh well! there will be lots of other camping trips.

We are waiting on our dealer to provide us with a working quiet bedroom a/c and a ski replaced on the kitchen slide along with a couple of other minor items taken care of. Sure didn't think it would take this long.We are into week 6 since we dropped off our 320rs. Getting an appointment only took a week. We can't wait to get our Columbus back and get back to camping. Hope it happens soon! For those wondering it hasn't been a passive relation with my dealer, Dometic, or Columbus we were getting increasingly frustrated with what seemed to be a lack of progress. It seems like we may finally be seeing some progress and better communication.
Oops! was I venting?
Camping Days so far in 2013=19
redfinaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:36 PM   #22

Bedroom AC in Columbus

I have a question for RJShiflet:
Since you are in Weatherford, TX did you buy your Columbus from FunTown RV in Cleburne? I think I'm having the same noise issues with my bedroom a/c unit. Did you think Wayne and his guys now know how to deal with this issue adequately, that is, order a new a/c unit? I don't want to go through the same lengthy ordeal you did earlier. I've already had the trailer down there for them to connect the ductwork for the main a/c unit that was disconnected. I had noticed I was getting air only out of about two of the ceiling vents.
vcalder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:20 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisbell View Post
We had grommets added to our bedroom a/c and it did make it so much more quiet but now we are thinking what is quiet? Of course the living room a/c is very noisy when the vent is open and blowing down on the couch so we closed it off but very little was coming out of the first vents and nothing out of all of the other vents so we suspected some type of a clog. Saw pictures on another thread and Ervin opened ours up and the openings to force air to the vents was covered with the foil tape. He opened these up and now we have air going to all of the vents and it is so quiet while watching tv and talking so now our bedroom a/c sounds loud and some vibration with the l/r so quiet. So our question is, how quiet is quiet for front a/c? Another question - when door is closed you can see daylight by the door jamb so does anyone have any ideas how to get the door more plumb?
Hi, were new to the forum and just spent our first 2 nights in our 320rs. Our living room a/c only works with the vent open, when we close it very little are is comeing out of the vents. Can you send me the link to the thread with the pictures of how to clear the blockage.
Thanks
Fred and Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:59 AM   #24

Our Earth Station is in getting a bit of warranty work done............ Top of the list was the AC. We will pick it up next week and then the week after head to Hot Springs AR. Have reservations made through the first weekend of November. Oh but I don't want this season to end!!! ............ Thinking about dry camping in January and February..... maybe with a chem toilet from Walmart!! Let's see what winter has in store for us!

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:27 AM   #25
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth Station
Our Earth Station is in getting a bit of warranty work done............ Top of the list was the AC. We will pick it up next week and then the week after head to Hot Springs AR. Have reservations made through the first weekend of November. Oh but I don't want this season to end!!! ............ Thinking about dry camping in January and February..... maybe with a chem toilet from Walmart!! Let's see what winter has in store for us!
Lucky !
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:31 AM   #26

Very little air coming out of vents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred and Toni View Post
Hi, were new to the forum and just spent our first 2 nights in our 320rs. Our living room a/c only works with the vent open, when we close it very little are is comeing out of the vents. Can you send me the link to the thread with the pictures of how to clear the blockage.
Thanks
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...mmm-25632.html

See if you can open this - if not I searched on FRF "things that make you go hummmm" and it was dated 7-2-12. Took of dump vent and saw that there were no openings to ducts so I cut the foil tape out that was covering them. It worked. Good luck Ervin and Jeane Ann
eisbell is offline   Reply With Quote