Old 08-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #11

Smile

I would say pass on the double pane windows unless your planning on camping in the absolute cold a lot. The cost addition does not make sense if your going to be doing regular camping (100 to 25 degrees). I would lay it all on the line with your local dealer and let him make up his mind if he wants the sale. Remember to remind him that RVW has a distribution of service dealers (which I have yet to see) that will apparently service your unit just as if they sold it to you (kind of hard to believe). But hey, I am a real pain in the as* and I have the owners direct line at RVW and will bug him till days end if I am not happy with how I am being dealt with.

Old 08-28-2012, 06:08 PM   #12

Spend the little extra and get either of the Trail Air/Roto Flex pin boxes as an option. Either will make a difference in how it tows.
Enjoy.

Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #13

Dual pane windows

We enjoy having the dual panes.
They are $ & add approx. 100+ lbs of weight, BUT-----not only do they help keep the interior quicker by damping the outside noises, they are equally helpful in BOTH summer & winter by providing improved insulation (especially important due to the rather extensive amount of window space in the Columbus)
Either way, you are quaranteed to enjoy the Columbus as we do.
Chaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:09 PM   #14

Unhappy Interesting Story

Since we have been looking into purchasing from RV Wholesalers, and they do not take trades (well, not to the benefit of the seller), I have been looking into different ways to sell our KZ. I looked online, and found a place called ClassyRV.com. So I submitted some information and the guy calls me back. He asks me some basic questions about my unit, year, make, model, etc, condition. So he says he thinks he can sell it, for a decent price. He will list it multiple places, including Ebay motors for 21 days. If it does not sell, he will continue to list it until it does. All of this for $399. According to this guy, he makes his money on the financing and delivery. Anyway, I decide to do some research on this company and guy. GLAD I did, the reviews pretty much call them crooks, well not pretty much, they do!. So beware, as usual, if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.
2013 Columbus 320RS
Maryland
Times camping in 2013 - 5
Sporoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:13 PM   #15

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Before you by a hitch---------

Before you buy a hitch, check with your dealer, Forest River now installs the "REESE REVOLUTION HITCH" at the factory. It will serve as a slider (for short bed) or stationary for the standard 5th wheel hitch.
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2017 66 DAYS
DAISY BOYKIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:24 PM   #16
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporoo
Since we have been looking into purchasing from RV Wholesalers, and they do not take trades (well, not to the benefit of the seller), I have been looking into different ways to sell our KZ. I looked online, and found a place called ClassyRV.com. So I submitted some information and the guy calls me back. He asks me some basic questions about my unit, year, make, model, etc, condition. So he says he thinks he can sell it, for a decent price. He will list it multiple places, including Ebay motors for 21 days. If it does not sell, he will continue to list it until it does. All of this for $399. According to this guy, he makes his money on the financing and delivery. Anyway, I decide to do some research on this company and guy. GLAD I did, the reviews pretty much call them crooks, well not pretty much, they do!. So beware, as usual, if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.
Based on our experience, your best bet will be to list and sell yourself if you have the patience to wait.
Took us four months to get ours sold through online rv sites and got $3-4K more than trade in quotes from three different dealers!

Tags
5th wheel