Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #1

We are new to RVing and are interested in the 2013 Columbus 340RK can anyone give us your thoughts on the Columbus trailers. What is your opinion of the Columbus, is it well built? Do they stand behind their product? We are also looking at a 2010 Berkshire motorhome 7500 miles, please help us decide, any opinions "pro and con" on either unit would be appreciated.
New RvR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #2
Phat Phrog

Hi Welcome!! There are lots of Columbus owners here who will be happy to tell you how much they love that unit!! I have the XLR but one day when we no longer want a toy hauler...the Columbus is my next rig!! They are so beautiful!!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:07 PM   #3

Please read the forums before posting basic questions to better enable you to ask specific questions, which are more likely to return useful responses.
treaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:23 PM   #4

I'm sure some owners will chime in here anytime and share their experiences. Anyhow, I don't own a Columbus yet myself, but I've been researching for the same info. I haven't even had the privilege of doing a walk-through yet. :/

I'm really impressed with what I've read so far, though. What I did was to start reading down through the threads on each page and pick out what seemed relevant. Do you know which floor plan(s) would work best for you? You can use the search feature in the Palomino forum using the floor plan as the search query to really zero in on the most relevant topics also. Keep us posted as to what you decide.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:17 PM   #5
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I love my Columbus!!!!! there is a facebook page and a couple of people have the 340RK. You can look at the page, I think there are some pics of one as well.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/379970242092901/
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 59, 2020 0,
2021 4 reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
Hi Welcome!! There are lots of Columbus owners here who will be happy to tell you how much they love that unit!! I have the XLR but one day when we no longer want a toy hauler...the Columbus is my next rig!! They are so beautiful!!
Thanks ....
Old 03-25-2013, 05:23 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by treaves View Post
Please read the forums before posting basic questions to better enable you to ask specific questions, which are more likely to return useful responses.
Will do just trying to get some thoughts, sounds like they are good products though
Old 03-25-2013, 05:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by miboje View Post
I'm sure some owners will chime in here anytime and share their experiences. Anyhow, I don't own a Columbus yet myself, but I've been researching for the same info. I haven't even had the privilege of doing a walk-through yet. :/

I'm really impressed with what I've read so far, though. What I did was to start reading down through the threads on each page and pick out what seemed relevant. Do you know which floor plan(s) would work best for you? You can use the search feature in the Palomino forum using the floor plan as the search query to really zero in on the most relevant topics also. Keep us posted as to what you decide.
I have actually walked through the 340rk and really like it, Thanks
Old 03-25-2013, 05:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by syencer View Post
I love my Columbus!!!!! there is a facebook page and a couple of people have the 340RK. You can look at the page, I think there are some pics of one as well.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/379970242092901/
I have actually looked at the 340 RK at a dealership on Lubbock Texas and I am leaning towards it at this time. Thank you
Old 03-25-2013, 05:30 PM   #10
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by New RvR View Post
We are new to RVing and are interested in the 2013 Columbus 340RK can anyone give us your thoughts on the Columbus trailers. What is your opinion of the Columbus, is it well built? Do they stand behind their product? We are also looking at a 2010 Berkshire motorhome 7500 miles, please help us decide, any opinions "pro and con" on either unit would be appreciated.
For me, the biggest deciding factor in what type of RV was the floorplans offered by different manufacturers. For us, it quickly became apparent that a trailer was what was going to give us what we wanted. From there (again , for us length dictated a fifth wheel. And, from there - we narrowed it down to specific features offered (u-shaped dinette, outdoor kitchen, 1 1/2 baths, direct door to 2nd bath, etc.). And finally, we narrowed down to the Sabre.

For my sister- after he previous camper was destroyed in a flood, she had a specific price point in mind and number of beds it had to sleep. I'm a little envious- we took 6 months, she took 6 days.

Good luck! Figure out what you want and the RV search will start to materialize!
Old 03-25-2013, 05:37 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post

For me, the biggest deciding factor in what type of RV was the floorplans offered by different manufacturers. For us, it quickly became apparent that a trailer was what was going to give us what we wanted. From there (again , for us length dictated a fifth wheel. And, from there - we narrowed it down to specific features offered (u-shaped dinette, outdoor kitchen, 1 1/2 baths, direct door to 2nd bath, etc.). And finally, we narrowed down to the Sabre.

For my sister- after he previous camper was destroyed in a flood, she had a specific price point in mind and number of beds it had to sleep. I'm a little envious- we took 6 months, she took 6 days.

Good luck! Figure out what you want and the RV search will start to materialize!
Thank you for the advice, I kinda wish there were on two choices it would make the decision a lot easier lol, there are a lot of very nice models out there. I am getting more confident about the correct decision everyday. Thanks for you advice.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:00 PM   #12

I've had a Columbus 320RS for a year and have been out a dozen times.
We really like it. Being an early production unit, we had some problems, but Columbus responded and took care of them all. They have since improved their QC in the plant. I toured it last Fall and was very impressed with the people there.
As for the trailer, it's beautiful. It has so many standard features and "extras". I like the 6 sided welded frame, it's 100" wide, (most are 96"), it came with not only a convection/microwave, but an oven. The wood work and finish are beautiful. The shower, 30"X60" is AWESOME. The leather recliners are oh so comfortable.
PM me if you have any specific questions.
You will really like the rear kitchen unit. Best of luck and happy camping!
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:11 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by amxpress View Post
I've had a Columbus 320RS for a year and have been out a dozen times.
We really like it. Being an early production unit, we had some problems, but Columbus responded and took care of them all. They have since improved their QC in the plant. I toured it last Fall and was very impressed with the people there.
As for the trailer, it's beautiful. It has so many standard features and "extras". I like the 6 sided welded frame, it's 100" wide, (most are 96"), it came with not only a convection/microwave, but an oven. The wood work and finish are beautiful. The shower, 30"X60" is AWESOME. The leather recliners are oh so comfortable.
PM me if you have any specific questions.
You will really like the rear kitchen unit. Best of luck and happy camping!
Thank you very much, sharing your experience definitely helps, again Thanks can't hardly wait to get started RVing