Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 02:55 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 7
We are new to RVing and are interested in the 2013 Columbus 340RK can anyone give us your thoughts on the Columbus trailers. What is your opinion of the Columbus, is it well built? Do they stand behind their product? We are also looking at a 2010 Berkshire motorhome 7500 miles, please help us decide, any opinions "pro and con" on either unit would be appreciated.
__________________

__________________
New RvR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:00 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
 
RVChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: In the Country
Posts: 6,343
Hi Welcome!! There are lots of Columbus owners here who will be happy to tell you how much they love that unit!! I have the XLR but one day when we no longer want a toy hauler...the Columbus is my next rig!! They are so beautiful!!
__________________

__________________
Kenny n Karen
TV: 2007 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW - named Alice
RV: 2012 XLR Thunderbolt 35x12 - named Thor
RVChick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:07 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
treaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 158
Please read the forums before posting basic questions to better enable you to ask specific questions, which are more likely to return useful responses.
__________________
treaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:23 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 59
I'm sure some owners will chime in here anytime and share their experiences. Anyhow, I don't own a Columbus yet myself, but I've been researching for the same info. I haven't even had the privilege of doing a walk-through yet. :/

I'm really impressed with what I've read so far, though. What I did was to start reading down through the threads on each page and pick out what seemed relevant. Do you know which floor plan(s) would work best for you? You can use the search feature in the Palomino forum using the floor plan as the search query to really zero in on the most relevant topics also. Keep us posted as to what you decide.
__________________
TV: '03 F350, Bulletproofed 6.0, SCT chipped
TV Nickname: Beastie Boy
miboje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:17 PM   #5
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
SYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burton, MI.
Posts: 4,116
I love my Columbus!!!!! there is a facebook page and a couple of people have the 340RK. You can look at the page, I think there are some pics of one as well.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/379970242092901/
__________________
Scott & Vicki
2018 Silverado 3500HD Dually 6.6L Duramax/Allison
2018 Columbus 366RL 1492 Edition
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79 Nights Camped 2018 4 nights reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:22 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
Hi Welcome!! There are lots of Columbus owners here who will be happy to tell you how much they love that unit!! I have the XLR but one day when we no longer want a toy hauler...the Columbus is my next rig!! They are so beautiful!!
Thanks ....
__________________
New RvR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:23 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by treaves View Post
Please read the forums before posting basic questions to better enable you to ask specific questions, which are more likely to return useful responses.
Will do just trying to get some thoughts, sounds like they are good products though
__________________
New RvR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:23 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by miboje View Post
I'm sure some owners will chime in here anytime and share their experiences. Anyhow, I don't own a Columbus yet myself, but I've been researching for the same info. I haven't even had the privilege of doing a walk-through yet. :/

I'm really impressed with what I've read so far, though. What I did was to start reading down through the threads on each page and pick out what seemed relevant. Do you know which floor plan(s) would work best for you? You can use the search feature in the Palomino forum using the floor plan as the search query to really zero in on the most relevant topics also. Keep us posted as to what you decide.
I have actually walked through the 340rk and really like it, Thanks
__________________
New RvR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:25 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by syencer View Post
I love my Columbus!!!!! there is a facebook page and a couple of people have the 340RK. You can look at the page, I think there are some pics of one as well.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/379970242092901/
I have actually looked at the 340 RK at a dealership on Lubbock Texas and I am leaning towards it at this time. Thank you
__________________
New RvR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:30 PM   #10
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by New RvR View Post
We are new to RVing and are interested in the 2013 Columbus 340RK can anyone give us your thoughts on the Columbus trailers. What is your opinion of the Columbus, is it well built? Do they stand behind their product? We are also looking at a 2010 Berkshire motorhome 7500 miles, please help us decide, any opinions "pro and con" on either unit would be appreciated.
For me, the biggest deciding factor in what type of RV was the floorplans offered by different manufacturers. For us, it quickly became apparent that a trailer was what was going to give us what we wanted. From there (again , for us length dictated a fifth wheel. And, from there - we narrowed it down to specific features offered (u-shaped dinette, outdoor kitchen, 1 1/2 baths, direct door to 2nd bath, etc.). And finally, we narrowed down to the Sabre.

For my sister- after he previous camper was destroyed in a flood, she had a specific price point in mind and number of beds it had to sleep. I'm a little envious- we took 6 months, she took 6 days.

Good luck! Figure out what you want and the RV search will start to materialize!
__________________

__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30 AM.