Old 11-23-2011, 06:39 AM   #11

1Texan - have you taken your maiden voyage yet? Looking at the models some more we like the model shown below a little better. I will have my chair and the DW will have your couch. The only negative we have with these two models is the tub/shower setup. Does your model have a curtain or door?

Palomino RV - Manufacturer of Quaility RVs since 1968

On a side note my Tundra has 381 HP and has the 4.10 gears with 14" brakes,

Old 11-23-2011, 05:27 PM   #12

We also love our Sabre, I'm sure you will like yours, too.
The best recommendation I could make about your PDI is take notes & pictures during the walk around. There is soooo much information presented, taking notes will help.
Also, have you checked with Sabre about installing a Sidewinder? Some manufactuers do not recommend it as it can cause excessive stress on the frame.
Enjoy!!

Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:30 PM   #13

Reubenray - The DW and I looked at that model last year when we purchased our new sabre. Liked it very much and also have a toyota tundra with the 5.7. Finially decided on the sabre silhouette 290RES with a delivered dry weight of 8187 lbs. The tundra tows it exceptionally well however I did install airbags. You will have no problems at all. I do have a slider hitch but have not had to use it as the nose of the sabre allows for fairly sharp turns.
Love the sabre, love the tundra, I'm sure you will too. Happy camping.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:40 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by riversedge View Post
Reubenray - The DW and I looked at that model last year when we purchased our new sabre. Liked it very much and also have a toyota tundra with the 5.7. Finially decided on the sabre silhouette 290RES with a delivered dry weight of 8187 lbs. The tundra tows it exceptionally well however I did install airbags. You will have no problems at all. I do have a slider hitch but have not had to use it as the nose of the sabre allows for fairly sharp turns.
Love the sabre, love the tundra, I'm sure you will too. Happy camping.
Thanks for the reply riversedge. It is this type of info I am looking for from actual Tundra owners.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:19 PM   #15

Maiden Voyage completed

Went to a state park about 100 miles away for 5 days and 4 nights over Thanksgiving. A majority of the state parks in Texas have limited full hook-ups so the 80+ gals. of grey water tanks was a huge plus on this trailer. The truck (1/2 ton GMC, max tow package, 6.2 engine and 3.73) performed very well. The Sidewinder hitch was very steady in 35+ MPH cross winds. The only thing I found so far with the trailer is one of the door hinges under the dinette booth had the screws pulled out. It was a 5 minute fix. Also, one of the plastic handles for the gray water broke at the dump station. The floor plan for us is great. BTW, bathroom is small. But we prefer that as opposed to the shower in the bedroom. Shower curtain is a slide plastic on tracks. The jury is still out on that one. Only other issue we had is the lack of nightstands for the bed. There already is plenty of drawers and hanging in the hall wardrobe so I made a modification to the wardrobe by the bed before we even went. I'll get some pictures and post in the mod section. Whoever thought it would be good to not have at least one nightstand should be shot.

Now that the trailer is all loaded, we're ready to go again before Christmas.