Old 11-17-2015, 11:44 PM   #11
Site Team

Having been through major issues over the past year with my Sabre I can feel your pain. As bad as my issues were (2 factory trips plus factory rally, rebuilt slides, propane leaks etc), your problems make mine sound minor. I was not protected by a lemon law here either. I did keep climbing the food chain at palomino until I got someone who could help. Like you, I stayed polite and respectful but made my expectations known. I never got a new trailer and we are still finding issues with ours. They did help us and they did have someone transport our fiver to and from NC to the factory twice. My best advice is to climb the chain of command. If someone can't help you, ask for their boss. It was a program developmental manager that was finally able to help me with my Sabre. I wish you luck and happiness.

asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:10 AM   #12
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I sent you the contact info that I had.

Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79 Nights Camped 2018 4 nights reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:11 AM   #13

I appreciate deeply the time you took to look these up, but we’ve exhausted these already.

For over a year, we’d been told to deal with B* at Forest River Inc, after months of unreturned emails & calls, our last message to him said we were going public if we didn’t’ get a call back in 24 hours. In minutes we got a call from M* (Service). She apologized and said this was the first she’d heard or it. She spoke with Go RV and confirmed all we claimed on the trailer’s issues & agreed it needed to go back to the factory.
She said they coming to get our trailer, would take it back to the factory & strip it down. Based on what they found at that point, they would decide then on if it was worth rebuilding, if not, they’d replace it. We were beyond relieved that finally we were getting action on it.

Less than 24 hours later though, W* (Service Manager) called and recanted M's promise to us. He said now they’d only look at it if we brought it to Indiana ourselves. We are a week’s drive from Indiana. More important, the braking system has melted 3 times now. That trailer is too dangerous for us to drive it down there. We explained all this to Wayne but he was unmoved. He simply said that’s the best they’d do. He added there would be no guarantee of what they’d do once they got it there or what the outcome options would be. We were utterly stunned.

So, short of getting an owner involved from Forest River Inc, I think this door is sadly closed.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:14 AM   #14

Thank you. I will take your advise and see if there is someone above the Service Manager. I'm so moved by the care in this forum. I was afraid to reach out, and the encouragement here helps so much. Thank you, thank you
Old 11-18-2015, 09:56 AM   #15

LN

I know of many forums members assisting you personally and their trouble they have had with repairs, myself included.

Palamino is now being run by a different group manager (Rockwood/flagstaff). They admit straight up they have had problems and are trying to rectify them. We are looking at Columbus ourselves in the near future and after the plant tour and chit chat with staff I feel confident they will make good on issues.

As Asquared mentioned be persistent but professional!

When you get a hold of FR rep you might suggest a mobile RV tech to get the safety related issues fixed, brake wiring failure, main electrical issues. Someone needs to trouble shoot this and find the problems.

Then it can be safely driven and used. The rest is factory work and with Winter there already (at least 40 cm in Banff) flatbed might be best option.
Old 11-18-2015, 06:14 PM   #16

Update!

Oh my land, I don't know how to thank all of you on this thread!

I got some great leads sent to me the couple of days, and I sent an email this morning to the one that (I think) was higher up the chain than any of my previous FR contacts. I included a link to my website that I created & the RV Lemon Facebook page.

Within a couple hours, Forest River Inc contacted my husband and did a complete 180. I truly didn't believe it---but Forest River has already sent us the papers for the border crossing! I won't go into details yet, however I believe they are SINCERE THIS TIME to make it right. I have vowed, that once we have this all behind us, I will be posting on ALL of my sites my gratitude to the manufacturer for making this right with us.

It's never been my intent to wish anyone ill will, included the 2 dealerships involved that left us high and dry. However, when you are not treated right, I think we can't just slip away quietly. I waited 16 months to go public, and only did so after we felt every resource was exhausted. I have been cordial with all interactions (well 'almost' all... I did have a couple swears come out by accident), but given what we've been thru, not reflective at all of my true character.

So thank you all. I cannot thank you enough for your kindness. You are my hero's. I will post updates here as they happen.
Old 11-18-2015, 06:25 PM   #17
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Glad to hear it
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79 Nights Camped 2018 4 nights reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 07:47 PM   #18

x2. Looks like you stayed classy and cordial throughout this experience, as well. That will almost always get you much farther than shouting insults and threats. Best of luck

Rich
Old 11-18-2015, 08:12 PM   #19

This past summer I had my trailer brakes rewired from the battery back to the brakes. The rewire was all done outside the coach, on the underbelly. You may have to do this so as to make the unit road worthy for whoever takes it to FR, then in the discussion ask FR for reimbursement on the rewire. The key to the discussion is being assertive not aggressive. Your doing well, please continue.

btritschler1437 is offline   Reply With Quote