Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2015, 05:57 PM   #1

No 110v In Slides

So the new 33CKTS was delivered in Friday and it wasn't the pure joy we had hoped for. While everything worked in final walk through at the dealership not sure much at delivery.

Main issue. No 110V power on either back slide or back wall. All the outlets say GFI protected but the only outlet with a red button is in the bathroom. Pushing that 100 times did nothing. The delivery tech looked at her for 2 hours and finally gave up. Will hopefully be coming back this week with a full service truck.

Is there any other outlets with red buttons. Neither oboe the delivery guy could find one. So frustrating!!!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1430089071.250920.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	75315
Old 04-26-2015, 06:16 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJSLou View Post
So the new 33CKTS was delivered in Friday and it wasn't the pure joy we had hoped for. While everything worked in final walk through at the dealership not sure much at delivery.

Main issue. No 110V power on either back slide or back wall. All the outlets say GFI protected but the only outlet with a red button is in the bathroom. Pushing that 100 times did nothing. The delivery tech looked at her for 2 hours and finally gave up. Will hopefully be coming back this week with a full service truck.

Is there any other outlets with red buttons. Neither oboe the delivery guy could find one. So frustrating!!!Attachment 75315
I feel your pain, I have an outlet that does not work, there is one single GFCI for the trailer and it does nothing for it.
Difference is the one reset is in the living room with none in the bathroom.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:07 PM   #3

Check for GFCI outlet in kitchen, bathroom or in basement.....not all GFCI receptacles has a red button, it could be black like in my unit......also check breakers in distribution panel if any are tripped...
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:08 PM   #4

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having. Hopefully they'll be taken car of soon so you can fully enjoy your Sabre.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:33 PM   #5

Hi. All the outlets say GFI protected but where is the master? None have the red button. The rv tech put the plug in detector in each plug. No power.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:49 PM   #6
Mod free 5er

Would start pulling outlets to see if the wires are all connected. Would also count the total number of outlets including the GFI and go to Lowes/HD and get replacements for all of them.
Old 04-26-2015, 09:34 PM   #7

Presume you have 50 amp. service? we just had a similar issue with our CKTS and it was the red wire to the 50 amp breaker that was loose/off. Once that was put back & tightened power came back.

Does the GFI (bathroom) outlet have power?
janice parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:35 AM   #8

Yes. Have 50 amp power. Yes have power to all outlets except ones on the slides. The tech is coming back hopefully this week. He temporarily switched one of the circuits so we could use fridge on electric instead gas and TV for the weekend. Have no power to the microwave back wall and dinette slide out.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:40 AM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Check under the upper mount kitchen cabinets in the kitchen.
I have a gfci there.

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded, 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "2 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:57 AM   #10
Site Team

The technician "temporarily switched one of the circuits" and got it to work. Whatever the tech did is a big clue to solving the problem. This seems to prove the outlets and the wiring to them are OK. It appears he switched from one GFCI protected circuit to another. Can you tell us what he did to switch one of the circuits?

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 09:27 AM   #11

Thanks for your reply. When we had work done in Texas on our slide-outs, they did not reattach the wiring in the one slide out properly thus a lot of our electrical problems the 3rd time! First was a screw through wiring to the GCFI, then failure to reattach wiring properly back to slideout & then loose red wire in 50 amp. breaker!

Will be interesting to see what your problem ends up to be. Keep us posted & good luck!
janice parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 09:32 AM   #12

Ok so I am not a expert, but this is what I saw him to.

He pulled the wiring down from the slide with the TV. He told me that one of the wires running back there had no power when he put his tester on it. What wasn't working was the Fridge, TV and outlets under by the stove, along the back wall and the outlets on the dinette slide. I did have microwave power though.

So he took the wire that fed the microwave and changed it to the one needed to run the Fridge so we could run that on electric instead of gas for the weekend.

Turbs when you say upper mount cabinets do you mean by the stove? Or the ones WAY up high over the inside wall? I checked under and in all the cabinets as did he. I don't think we looked inside the ones on the inside wall though.

I am not there any longer. I'm hoping to get back there next weekend.
Old 04-27-2015, 12:27 PM   #13

Our Flagstaff has two GFCIs, one at the kitchen island (does the back half of the trailer), and the second in the bathroom (does the bathroom, bedroom, and basement). Search for a second one. In the breaker panel, cycle each breaker off and then back on. Some breakers only go 1/2 way off when tripped, and need to be move all the way off, then back on.
Old 04-27-2015, 12:41 PM   #14

One main GFCI will protect those down stream from main. I had similar problem in my Columbus and tracked it down to a wire that was pinched under the steps. I repaired bad section and reduced length of wire to keep it out of the way of step when putting it down. It was wire that led to recptical for the central Vac.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 04-27-2015, 03:57 PM   #15
MC9

I had similar problem, turns out the junction box on the frame that fed the slide had a ground screw that wasn't correct.(it was fried). Snipped off bad ends and rewire nutted and new screw into frame.
MC9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:15 PM   #16

Quote:
Ok so I am not a expert, but this is what I saw him to.

He pulled the wiring down from the slide with the TV. He told me that one of the wires running back there had no power when he put his tester on it. What wasn't working was the Fridge, TV and outlets under by the stove, along the back wall and the outlets on the dinette slide. I did have microwave power though.

So he took the wire that fed the microwave and changed it to the one needed to run the Fridge so we could run that on electric instead of gas for the weekend.

Turbs when you say upper mount cabinets do you mean by the stove? Or the ones WAY up high over the inside wall? I checked under and in all the cabinets as did he. I don't think we looked inside the ones on the inside wall though.

I am not there any longer. I'm hoping to get back there next weekend.
The reason that worked is because your microwave is not protected it is a home run to the panel. Your problem would be at the junction box. You must have more then one GFI to run your whole trailer? You would need a pretty big breaker to carry all your outlets, 20 or 25 will not do it. If I understand you correctly....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:28 PM   #17

Bought 2014 - same problem

Quote:

Is there any other outlets with red buttons. Neither oboe the delivery guy could find one. So frustrating!!!Attachment 75315
The problem was the wiring was being pinched by a slide. The dealer found it, re-routed the wires and all is now good. There are no other resets on the protected lines. If the dealer follows them out he will find what my dealer found.
Old 04-27-2015, 08:31 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwa1000 View Post
The problem was the wiring was being pinched by a slide. The dealer found it, re-routed the wires and all is now good. There are no other resets on the protected lines. If the dealer follows them out he will find what my dealer found.
Are you saying that a saber only has 1 GFI in the whole unit for power as the OP said? What size is your breaker for all your outlet's if I may ask? There should be more then one GFI to protect the outlets, that's just a guess on my part. I can understand a pinch wire but for FR to put all outlets on a 20 amp breaker I can not understand? But every Brand is different and even it seems the same brands are to. That is why it would be good to have a wiring diagram, that they refuse to give anyone.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:40 PM   #19

Yes only one but I have seen this in other units and brands. Some how it protects them all. Problem is as you have seen, when it's tripped, they all go out.
Old 05-05-2015, 12:04 PM   #20

No 110v In Slides

So the winner is dwa1000. Ding ding ding. When the slide was extended on delivery wires got hung up and were pulled out of the connector behind the fireplace. New connector was wired in and wires adjusted to allow the slide out to work correctly. Power now restored and it's time to start camping!!!

Tags
110v, slide, slide out