Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2013, 07:06 PM   #1

No sarcasm allowed? Just a bit

We are on our shakedown cruise of our Sabre 32RCTs. DW complained of a loose AC receptacle. I checked it out. See the PICs. DW wanted to know if Palomino hires mice to cut holes. I responded with, They need to get those jackhammers out of the plant. In seriousness there is no excuse and I guess no pride of workmanship. No Pride, Just hide!!! Inexcusable. Cannot make the receptacle tight. Wonder what else is happening behind closed walls?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010646 (Medium).jpg
Views:	151
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	37363   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010647 (Medium).jpg
Views:	140
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	37364  

2013 Ford F-350 SD Diesel, 4X4, Crew Cab, Lariat
Sabre 2014 32RCTS, Pullrite Superglide 2900 18K
Davidceder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:13 PM   #2

Wow. There's no excuse for that extreme shoddy work.
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #3
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidceder View Post
We are on our shakedown cruise of our Sabre 32RCTs. DW complained of a loose AC receptacle. I checked it out. See the PICs. DW wanted to know if Palomino hires mice to cut holes. I responded with, They need to get those jackhammers out of the plant. In seriousness there is no excuse and I guess no pride of workmanship. No Pride, Just hide!!! Inexcusable. Cannot make the receptacle tight. Wonder what else is happening behind closed walls?
I feel your frustration and anger, but it not only at the factory that stuff like this happens.

We opted for a Washer/Dryer combo to be installed in our new Silverback FW by our dealer before we pulled it off the lot.

The combo goes in the front bedroom closet and is plumbed and wired for it.
However the installation requires a hole to be cut in the closet panel for the vent hose to be routed though. The factory puts a placard on the panel that clearly states where the hole is to cut - simple enought.

When we picked up our FW at the dealers, I checked the combo installation and discovered the dealer had cut the hole at a different place. Everything worked, but I was ticked that the dealer had neither replaced the panel ( with the hole cut where it should be) and didn't say anything about it. Here we had a brand new FW with a hole in a panel where it shouldn't be.

A replacement panel was ordered and later installed, but I couldn't understand why this simple mistake was made and why we were not told about it.

We never did get a satisfactory answer from the dealer.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:26 PM   #4

Wow! That's pretty bad.

I can imagine your frustration but I know from recent posts that your rig is brand new. Develop your "punch list" and lean on your dealer to fix the things that aren't acceptable. Overall, we're pretty happy with our dealer. Hopefully you will have the same success with yours.
slide5r4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:30 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Looks like someone doesn't know how to use a Rotozip properly.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #6
NELA

Holy crap! Looks like a drunk person gnawed that hole! Maybe they can install an adapter plate? Still, *you* know it's there, even if they hide it behind an adapter plate.

Drilled a pilot hole then broke it out with a pair of pliers maybe?

I'd be *livid*!

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:15 PM   #7

No explanation other than it was deliberately done that badly. My 9yo could do better. Sad.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:33 PM   #8
aka Windjammer2012

Quote:
This makes one want to look at all of the recepticles to see if the same "workmanship" was used throughout.
Don't know how handy you are but as a suggestion you could use a piece of 3/8" plywood and cut it large enough to inseert it into the wall through the existing hole. Cut a hole in the plywood the size of the recepticle and using something like Gorilla Glue glue the pice of plywood inside the wall. Then mount the recepticle in the hole in the plywood. This should tighten everything to satisfaction. Just a suggestion.

2012 Windjammer 3008W
2004 GMC 2500 HD CC Longbed
Crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote