Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2012, 05:41 PM   #21

The little fan that is used to cool the coils is a bit noisy. You can hear a small whine and this is normal. It is disturbing mostly when you sleep because it is going on and off all the time.
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:55 PM   #22

maybe f.R. should fix problem??????????
duchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:42 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob213 View Post
You can get a quiter fan, but you may have to pull refrig forward to replace it. The moisture would be my biggest concern. Where does that come from? I don't think this is a problem exclusive to FR. I'm betting that neither of your Jayco's had the refrig. in the slide out. No other way to vent it, no matter who the MFG. is.
Duchie, I agree with Bob123. I cannot imagine the moisture has anything to do with the fridge, especially since you describe the moisture at the top....

Get your dealer to do a full leak test. Get them to stick in a new fan at the same time.
NeilM108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:42 AM   #24

condensation,hot and cold air mix in vent area and moisture collects in vent area
Duchie
Old 06-10-2012, 07:18 AM   #25

Duchie: I dont think Forest River has anything to do with this small motor whine. Dometic is the one that supply these fridgs and you have them in almost any brands of RV's. Another thing that I dont like is the thermostat control. Why they did not kept a real graduated thermostat instead of this stupid slider that you adjust by sliding it up and down on the back fins and falls all the time.
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:14 AM   #26

Dometic is a vendor for forest river.F.R. sells final product and in my opinion just like any other manufacture should stand behind their name and product. If FR has issue with dometic then they should handle it and make dometic come up with a better product in order to protect the FR name and reputation.
Agree with you on temp control
Duchie
Old 06-10-2012, 06:43 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchie View Post
condensation,hot and cold air mix in vent area and moisture collects in vent area
Duchie
I am struggling with your explanation. The fridge, in essence is a heater, so the air circulating around its exterior vents will be warmer than ambient, so condensation can't happen. I think the water is from somewhere else. On every RV I have ever owned, all of the wood surrounding the fridge at the back is dry as the desert.

Agree with you on Forest River. If they told Dometic to build a pink and purple fridge or lose the contract, Dometic would comply. Same with the fan...they could / would upgrade to a quieter setup if a) enough people complain, and b) we are collectively willing to pay more for quality.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:02 PM   #28

Are you sure your drain line is hooked to fridge.

papap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:13 AM   #29

After your frig has run for awhile in hot temps. take the the vent cover off and there is a foiled covered ??? anyway it is covered with moisture, yes my vent hose is hooked up and on the outside.
Thanks
Duchie
Old 06-17-2012, 06:17 AM   #30

finally convinced dealer and dometic to replace the fan.only used once but the fan is 80% quieter so far.
Duchie
Old 06-17-2012, 07:36 AM   #31

Glad they they stood by their product, finally.
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:41 PM   #32

Great news.