Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2011, 09:49 PM   #1

On the cusp of buying a BHOK

Any thoughts on the choice w/ two kids (10 & 8) two dogs, a wife and a cholesterol freak who loves to bbq? How's storage? Any problems in general w/ the brand or model that I need to be aware of? I am pretty stoked about my choice!
ewilkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:07 PM   #2
Here to Help

Well as you can tell by my login I'm a big Sabre fan. You really can't go wrong with the 32BHOK. If you have any questions, please let me know and I'd be glad to help.
SabreSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:50 AM   #3

We have 2 boys (10&6) and 1 dog and just brought home a 32BHOK yesterday. I am most excited about the OK. We did lose some outside storage from our other camper but with the kitchen some of it we won't need anyway. I cannot wait to take it to the beach next week
cajun4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:07 PM   #4

We've been a happy Sabre owner for almost 4 years. It's a well built fiver.
We looked a dozen other fivers before choosing our 31RKTS-6.
We've been out scores of times. From local to cross country. We still look forward to going out with it.
We're taking off this weekend for a two week, 8 state, 2000 mile trip.
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:38 PM   #5

Tons of storage inside. lots of cabinets and nooks to put things. The cell phone charging dock is handy.

We removed the outside TV by the kitchen and built a tray on it to hold our campfire snacks. The big long door under the kitchen is perfect for hotdog sticks and pie irons. I added a second propane connection and new I have my weber Q tied into the trailer propane. It works great. I set the grill on the back bike rack. it works perfect.

Only negative for us is the water capasity(42 gal) and the shower gray capasity(42 gal ) we boondock it often and stay in state parks where there is no water connections alot. The view is better and much quieter most of the time. However you need to be water wise. I have 2 7gal totes that I pump into the water tank with a small pump.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:15 AM   #6

We bought a 2012 Sabre BHOK in Arpil and have no regrets. The 5er is everything we wanted. We have been out 5 times this year, once to the OBX beaches for a week. After being in the NC heat for a week I will have the 2nd AC added. I agree that the 42 gal grey capacity is a bit small but we make due. Overall we are very happy!!
Rich271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:44 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

recent bhok owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewilkinson View Post
Any thoughts on the choice w/ two kids (10 & 8) two dogs, a wife and a cholesterol freak who loves to bbq? How's storage? Any problems in general w/ the brand or model that I need to be aware of? I am pretty stoked about my choice!

Hello I just thought I would drop a note. We are recent owners of a bhok-6 with outside kitchen and we love it ! Three bunks in rear plus fold out couch with air mattress . So far everything works great ! Fit and finish are top notch . blow slide out fuse first time out but other than that no issues
I have not figured out how to make my i-pod work with the concertone unit yet but going to try again tonight .
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:05 AM   #8
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
You connect your iPod via the mini stereo connector on the front of the Concertone...
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:37 AM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post
You connect your iPod via the mini stereo connector on the front of the Concertone...
I tried the usb cable which links up but can't get it to play.
So then I tried the 3.5 mm head phone jack also with no luck.
finally last night I used a 3.5 mm head phone jack and rca adapter to go on wall plate then switched the switch on the wall plate to make it work.
id like to use the usb cable on the face of the concertone.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:19 PM   #10

brand new one

Just brought it home on the 1st. Took it up to the RV Park over the weekend and so far we have nothing but ++ things to say about our 32BHOK. We looked at LOTS of bunkhouses before we decided on the Sabre, and I'm fairly well convinced that the Sabre is the best bang for the buck out there.

...and the outdoor kitchen is awesome.

J
Jamie_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:31 PM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie_S View Post
Just brought it home on the 1st. Took it up to the RV Park over the weekend and so far we have nothing but ++ things to say about our 32BHOK. We looked at LOTS of bunkhouses before we decided on the Sabre, and I'm fairly well convinced that the Sabre is the best bang for the buck out there.

...and the outdoor kitchen is awesome.

J
I know right!
Old 08-12-2011, 07:49 AM   #12
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
I tried the usb cable which links up but can't get it to play.
So then I tried the 3.5 mm head phone jack also with no luck.
finally last night I used a 3.5 mm head phone jack and rca adapter to go on wall plate then switched the switch on the wall plate to make it work.
id like to use the usb cable on the face of the concertone.
The USB is NOT for iPods or MP3 players, it is for thumb drives. The radio software will play or display MP3, MP4 or Jpegs...
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote