Old 12-07-2012, 07:21 PM   #1

Send a message via ICQ to ByronCR Send a message via AIM to ByronCR Send a message via MSN to ByronCR Send a message via Yahoo to ByronCR Send a message via Skype™ to ByronCR
Ordered a Columbus 295RL

My wife and I have been looking at 5th wheels for about a year now. We purchased a 28ft TT a little over 2 years ago to get her acquainted with how RV life is. After about a year we started figuring out what we really wanted in an RV and our likes and dislikes. With our 2 90lb labs we figured out we needed more room. We thought we had our minds made up on the Wildcat Sterling until we saw the Columbus models at a RV show. We both really liked them and the layouts and everything and then I saw the MSRP and told her no way. After bargaining with the dealer we ended up ordering a Columbus 295RL. I have lurking on here for a few weeks now since I placed my order and noticed everyone has gone with the 320 which was a bit longer than I wanted to deal with. I haven't really seen anyone comment on the 295RL model but so far the reviews and comments have been positive and have given me some insight on things to look for from the 320 owners..

We hopefully will get ours before the Jan 1, 2013 but maybe after. Either way I am anxious to start using it. We ordered it with the 4way auto leveling system, the bike rack, upgraded mattress, fantastic bedroom fan and the kitchen one as well. Also had the slide out toppers ordered with it.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:24 PM   #2

Send a message via ICQ to ByronCR Send a message via AIM to ByronCR Send a message via MSN to ByronCR Send a message via Yahoo to ByronCR Send a message via Skype™ to ByronCR
We also ordered it with the leather couch and the theater seating recliners. So many different options and items that could be chosen with the Columbus its easy for me to forget which items were options and which ones came standard.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:14 PM   #3

Good luck with your new Columbus. You'll really get spoiled when it arrives, they're nice fivers.
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronCR
My wife and I have been looking at 5th wheels for about a year now. We purchased a 28ft TT a little over 2 years ago to get her acquainted with how RV life is. After about a year we started figuring out what we really wanted in an RV and our likes and dislikes. With our 2 90lb labs we figured out we needed more room. We thought we had our minds made up on the Wildcat Sterling until we saw the Columbus models at a RV show. We both really liked them and the layouts and everything and then I saw the MSRP and told her no way. After bargaining with the dealer we ended up ordering a Columbus 295RL. I have lurking on here for a few weeks now since I placed my order and noticed everyone has gone with the 320 which was a bit longer than I wanted to deal with. I haven't really seen anyone comment on the 295RL model but so far the reviews and comments have been positive and have given me some insight on things to look for from the 320 owners..

We hopefully will get ours before the Jan 1, 2013 but maybe after. Either way I am anxious to start using it. We ordered it with the 4way auto leveling system, the bike rack, upgraded mattress, fantastic bedroom fan and the kitchen one as well. Also had the slide out toppers ordered with it.
You will enjoy your Columbus and the factory folks are great people
Old 12-07-2012, 11:57 PM   #5
Site Team

The Columbus units sure do look real nice. Please do keep us updated.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:11 AM   #6

Congrats on your Columbus!!! We LOVE ours!!

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #7

We looked at three different models of the Columbus on Friday. I like the 295RL best mainly due to the length. It is about 3' longer than our current Cougar HC291RLS, but it may still fit in our driveway with the truck hooked up also.

My wife's concern about all of these is the kitchen cabinet space. Our current fiver has an actual pantry area.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:54 AM   #8

On my current TT, there is not much room for storage inside. Most of it is for the kitchen but it is pretty limited at that. With the Columbus 295RL I felt there was enough room for everything we need especially since I tend to do majority of the cooking outside on the grill. I did have to remind my wife that she doesn't have to fill every cabinet just because its there. She has a tendency to overpack for everything
ByronCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:59 PM   #9

Called today to find out a estimated time for when the RV will arrive. I was told it is scheduled to come in around Xmas. I figure it will probably come in the week of xmas or the week after. Hopefully they will have everything I ordered in it. I will keep everyone posted on how things go.
ByronCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #10

Is ordering better than buying from a lot? Do you still get good deals when it is ordered?

Tags