Old 02-22-2012, 08:44 PM   #21

I was supposed to take a business trip in March............ I was able to postpone it!!! I hope ours is ready for delivery 8-9 March

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:59 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel702

Call that dealer and get it added!
Get it added it's a lot of work without it

Old 03-06-2012, 05:18 PM   #23
"On the road again"

Send a message via AIM to rjshiflet
We got our 320RS yesterday and let me tell you...it's beautiful!! Several differences in what we ordered and what we got, but I guess on something like this it's to be expected.

I guess the major thing...it no longer has 4 twenty-pound propane tanks like the one at the RV show and as we ordered. Evidently they discovered some law that prohibits the fourth propane tank...so now it's got one on one side and pull-out with two on the other side.

In the pass-through area where the vacuum bag container is, they've moved the tank warmer switches inside...to the area with the light switches, awning control, etc. And, we got a double 110-volt outlet instead, plus a 12-volt cigarette lighter outlet.

The layout of items in the docking station are different than the display unit...our water heater bypass and winterizing valves are on the right-hand wall rather than the back wall - and cable/satellite inputs are on the back wall. Basically, just rearranged some items...no big deal.

Auto-levelers are WONDERFUL and so stable. We're having very high winds today (45 to 50 mph gusts) and my wife is out working in the trailer. No shaking whatsoever.

We're getting it ready for a weekend trip to see if we can find any "bugs" that need to be worked out before we take it out for a 10-day trip next month.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #24
"On the road again"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth Station View Post
I did contact him (he had given me his card at the STL show) I made a bit of a pest of myself before signing the line.
Are you talking about Andy? What a great guy. I emailed him one day, and 4 minutes later my cell phone rang with him calling to chat rather than email back. I had emailed him earlier just to say "thanks" for his insight and education at the RV show and he replied with his office number and his cell number. I called him once about another item and he didn't seem to mind at all. He was a BIG part of us buying the Columbus (though we are very sold on Forest River in general).
Old 03-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshiflet
We got our 320RS yesterday and let me tell you...it's beautiful!! Several differences in what we ordered and what we got, but I guess on something like this it's to be expected.

I guess the major thing...it no longer has 4 twenty-pound propane tanks like the one at the RV show and as we ordered. Evidently they discovered some law that prohibits the fourth propane tank...so now it's got one on one side and pull-out with two on the other side.

In the pass-through area where the vacuum bag container is, they've moved the tank warmer switches inside...to the area with the light switches, awning control, etc. And, we got a double 110-volt outlet instead, plus a 12-volt cigarette lighter outlet.

The layout of items in the docking station are different than the display unit...our water heater bypass and winterizing valves are on the right-hand wall rather than the back wall - and cable/satellite inputs are on the back wall. Basically, just rearranged some items...no big deal.

Auto-levelers are WONDERFUL and so stable. We're having very high winds today (45 to 50 mph gusts) and my wife is out working in the trailer. No shaking whatsoever.

We're getting it ready for a weekend trip to see if we can find any "bugs" that need to be worked out before we take it out for a 10-day trip next month.
Your going to have to give me the cheat sheet on unwinterizing the camper.We have the one from the show.We have added the 32in tv and washer and dryer.We have messed with it quite a bit.Also do you have direct Tv?Are you talking about the wall where all the systems are located like the filter.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:05 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshiflet

Also congrats on receiving your Columbus maybe we will run into each other one day.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:17 PM   #27
"On the road again"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttinchief View Post
Your going to have to give me the cheat sheet on unwinterizing the camper.We have the one from the show.We have added the 32in tv and washer and dryer.We have messed with it quite a bit.Also do you have direct Tv?Are you talking about the wall where all the systems are located like the filter.
On the winterizing...our "trainer" that gave us the walk-thru didn't really know what he was talking about, and suggested that instead of using that...just "blow out" the lines with air pressure and put a little anti-freeze in the p-traps. So - I'm going to have to find a place to study up on the winterizing. I believe basically...just take a section of water hose - put it in a bottle of anti-freeze and hook up the male end into the female "Winterize Hookup" then start your pump and turn on each faucet until you see the anti-freeze coming in. But, he didn't know what to do about the filter...exactly how to flush it out - so I'll be hunting someone else that got better training than we did.

On the antenna - yeah - in that same box where all the water hookups are, outdoor shower, hot water bypass...there are inputs for coaxial from the park cable and satellite. They're simply moved to other positions inside that box. They're all there - just rearranged.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:14 PM   #28

Yes I am talking about Andy!! He is wonderful! Our unit made it as far as STL and was damaged by a storm. They are currently making another unit for us. Sets us back about three weeks .... I don't want to whine but I do want my Columbus!! I have bought a few things to make it ours!! A quote by Columbus, an Earth laugh and a fw sign for the Earth Station!!! Patience......

Old 03-07-2012, 07:33 AM   #29
"On the road again"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth Station View Post
I have bought a few things to make it ours!! A quote by Columbus, an Earth laugh and a fw sign for the Earth Station!!! Patience......
My wife bought some "old world" map serving trays that are made from cherry wood (or looks like it) and they match the woodwork perfectly. They are similar to this.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:34 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshiflet View Post
My wife bought some "old world" map serving trays that are made from cherry wood (or looks like it) and they match the woodwork perfectly. They are similar to this.
OH my I LOVE them!!!!!!! I may have to steal her idea!!!! I bought the quote "Following the light of the sun, we left the Old World" in a decal and will put it I THINK above the television!!! But I would love a tray like that!!! research time

Tags
320rs