Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #21

I called the dealership today and left a message for the GM. No response, no phone call, nothing. I am starting to fume!!! I can handle a lot of things, but no call back is one that I cannot. This is the second time I have left a message with the GM and got no response. I believe it is time for drastic measures. The owner is next up.
2013 Columbus 320RS
Maryland
Times camping in 2013 - 5
Sporoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:32 PM   #22

Yes, that would do it for me also!! As I mentioned I called our dealer. But since then they have been very responsive. Are you able to go there, or are they too far away for a drop in? Nothing like a little eye to eye!! Let us know how it goes!

Kerryj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:14 PM   #23

It's HERE! :-) We do our PDI tomorrow and hopefully (perferably), no issues and it will be delivered to our temporary RV spot next week! Needless to say, we're just a, "little" excited! Hope to see some of you out there on the road SOON! :-)

Old 12-06-2012, 12:47 AM   #24
Site Team

Congrats on taking delivery on your new RV! Get all the information you need during the PDI and ask lots of questions. Take notes and even pictures (or video) if necessary. Those smartphones can come in handy.

I would love to see pictures so feel free to post. Get a good night sleep and just have fun tomorrow. If you need us we will be right here.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:51 AM   #25
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporoo View Post
I called the dealership today and left a message for the GM. No response, no phone call, nothing. I am starting to fume!!! I can handle a lot of things, but no call back is one that I cannot. This is the second time I have left a message with the GM and got no response. I believe it is time for drastic measures. The owner is next up.
Keep in mind, that the dealership really has no say in when the units come in either.

Working for a dealership, I know that things happen that many of you don't understand.

The factory builds them and sends them to a storgae yard. Then, a transport company is in charge of hauling them to the dealers that ordered them.

This could be a week, 3 weeks, whatever, until the drivers get the paperwork to haul that particular unit.

Also, right now, the factories are going into shutdown for a few weeks. This happens every tear, around the Holidays.

Now, if the dealer said your Columbus is on their lot for 2 weeks already, then you have something to complain about. If it's the factory that sais it is built, you are just in the hands of the transport company.
(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #26

2008 wildcat, in most cases you would be correct, in my case, sadly enough, not. I finally got some answers. I spoke with the GM, and he said that the holdup is the dealer. They are changing to a new finance company and it is taking longer than they expected. They have not been able to pay for the TT's that they have on order. (for some reason they were in fear of telling me this). They have informed me that it will be another 10 days to 2 weeks. As I stated in one of my previous posts, I don't get too upset about most things, just do when I don't receive return phone calls. We now have an understanding, keep me in the loop and stay in touch, and if I call..........call me back!. So, looks like we will be waiting another couple of weeks. So be it, things happen for a reason. I just won't sleep for two weeks:
2013 Columbus 320RS
Maryland
Times camping in 2013 - 5
Sporoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:24 PM   #27

Thats not cool Sporoo! Well, maybe it will be your Christmas present!! Hope you have a bigggg stocking!
We did our PDI today,took about 4 hours total. Not many problems, all very minor.They are going to get it done and we will have it next week. The biggest pain was the wheel shirts will be replaced as when they where installed at the factory one of the screws on each side was over tightened and cracked the skirt. So they said no problem, new ones will be sent and we can have them put on at our leisure. The Service Manager Dustin was great! Really like him, a real get it done kinda guy. Our Dealership is RV SuperCenter in Temecula,CA.

WooHoo!!! As she does the Happy Dance~~~~~

ps- I will post pictures when we get it home!!

Old 12-07-2012, 06:39 AM   #28
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporoo View Post
2008 wildcat, in most cases you would be correct, in my case, sadly enough, not. I finally got some answers. I spoke with the GM, and he said that the holdup is the dealer. They are changing to a new finance company and it is taking longer than they expected. They have not been able to pay for the TT's that they have on order. (for some reason they were in fear of telling me this). They have informed me that it will be another 10 days to 2 weeks. As I stated in one of my previous posts, I don't get too upset about most things, just do when I don't receive return phone calls. We now have an understanding, keep me in the loop and stay in touch, and if I call..........call me back!. So, looks like we will be waiting another couple of weeks. So be it, things happen for a reason. I just won't sleep for two weeks:
Yes, if that is the hold up, that is all on the dealer.....

Typically, we would never have that overlap of lenders. If you change, you usually are good for a certain amount of time, then the new lender kicks in...

We also get a Purchase Order when the unit hits the assembly floor, and gets a VIN number. Then, our lender gets the VIN and info, and pays for the unit. When it is built, it will automatically ship.

In any event, good luck with your purchase, I'm sure you'll love your Columbus.
(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:09 PM   #29

We looked at several models of the Columbus yesterday and liked all of them. What brand television is that - it starts with a "H"?
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:15 PM   #30

My 320RS came with a 42" LED 1080 Samsung with a Panasonic 1000W surround sound, but they are now installing Hisense TV's. They have good reviews online that I have read.
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:50 PM   #31

Spent some time with my new Camper (320RS) two weeks ago, watching the HiSense TV,,worked very nicely! Can't wait to learn more about the "SMART" features and try to download movies etc. from the Web,,,,
Our Camp Owner has promised WiFi for 2013,,

Signed,
I love my camper even if it is 320 miles away! (Dru)
Dru R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:42 PM   #32
Factory Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru R
Spent some time with my new Camper (320RS) two weeks ago, watching the HiSense TV,,worked very nicely! Can't wait to learn more about the "SMART" features and try to download movies etc. from the Web,,,,
Our Camp Owner has promised WiFi for 2013,,

Signed,
I love my camper even if it is 320 miles away! (Dru)
As far as I can tell , Columbus currently is the only fifth wheel manufacture using New LED Smart T V technology
Chris
Christopher Columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Columbus View Post
As far as I can tell , Columbus currently is the only fifth wheel manufacture using New LED Smart T V technology
Chris
ok I think I may just be missing something here.............. please explain "LED Smart TV Technology"

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:40 PM   #34

TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Columbus View Post
Chris
Hello Chris! When we did our PDI 320RS we had the tech show us how to work the TV and surround sound. It did not go well as he could not get the TV only to play through the surround sound system. So I figured that the same on going problem that has been addressed for some time now on this forum has still not been noticed by the factory. Our tech was not able to play the tv with sound at all through the tv without unplugging the surround sound from the tv. We told him not to worry about it as the other owners on this forum have the fix posted here.
Maybe you can forward these posts to the factory?? It seems counter productive to have a smart tv that is not installed correctly to use! Thank you for listening to our concerns!!
We are very happy so far, despite the little problems!!

Old 12-09-2012, 10:34 PM   #35

The Samsung TV in my 320RS is an LED/LCD. The LEDs are positioned around the edge of the TV. Here's an explaination from a leading consumer magazine:
"Many newer LCD TVs use LED backlighting instead of the more typical fluorescent backlights. These sets have been among the most energy-efficient we've tested.
LCDs tend to be brighter than plasma screens, and many have matte screens that don't suffer from reflections and glare, making them a good choice for brightly lit rooms. But we are seeing many more LCD sets with glossy screens, which are more reflective. With LCD TVs, there's no risk of burn-in of static images, which can be a concern with plasma TVs, although it is less of a problem than it was in the past.
TVs with edge-lit LED backlights around the perimeter of the screen typically don't offer local dimming, but some new edge-lit models do. Edge LEDs can allow for extremely thin profiles of about an inch or so. Models with LEDs also use less power than typical TVs; some we've tested were exceptionally frugal with energy. Recent developments have also improved the ability of some LCD TVs to display fast-moving scenes without blurring. A growing number of sets now use 120Hz and 240Hz technology, or quasi-240Hz (120Hz plus a scanning backlight) to reduce motion blur. There are also models with 480Hz technology, and we've seen 960Hz as well. However, LCDs with the usual 60Hz refresh rate still have an issue with motion blur."
All I know is the picture quality of an LED/LCD is awesome, especially being 1080Hz.
Prodigy
Old 12-10-2012, 08:02 AM   #36

We are in the middle of negotiating for a Columbus 32RS. I have read most if not all of the posts on this unit and heard some people mention the lack of screen door. While looking at this unit I saw there is the convetional screen door along with a door with center glass and a shade. Looks like the MFG hear you and changed the door.

I'm going to add a 2nd AC in the bedroom, is there one that is more quite than another? We haven't gotten there yet but are there suggestions on cost for 7 year extended warranty? I've read about the 2nd year warranty from Forest river, but wanted to know more about the 7 year warranty.
Mr.z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:39 AM   #37
Now Camping Year-Round!!

So Mr.z welcome to the forum! Is that screen door you saw an option? I have not seen one as yet.

2020 RW Signature 8291RK 5er (...May 2021) & 2017 Dodge Ram Laramie 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel 4X4
Still missing my beautiful Columbus2013 Columbus 325RL__2019 Rockwood 2511S__2017 Rockwood ML 2507S__Rockwood Roo 21RS__2009 Wildcat 29RLBS
WannaBcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:41 AM   #38

WannaB -ours has a screen door. Just came off production line in November.
MrZ- We got the 7 year warranty with ours at the rv show (in so cal)when we ordered it. It was a show special. We also got the additional 1 year manufactures warranty! Worth it to me!!! The 7 year warranty is by Portfo lio you can check it out here:
RV

Old 12-10-2012, 04:11 PM   #39

Quote:
The 7 year warranty is by Portfo lio you can check it out here:
RV
I clicked on your two links. One goes to Macy's and the other back to FR Forum.
I don't understand.
My concern with an aftermarket extended warranty is 1) is EVERYTHING covered? and 2) Will ANY RV shop work on it? and 3) will the company still be in business for the period of the extended warranty? I've seen them go out of business and the consumer is left holding the bag...and a broken RV.
Prodigy
Old 12-10-2012, 04:16 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBcamping View Post
So Mr.z welcome to the forum! Is that screen door you saw an option? I have not seen one as yet.
It's not listed as an option, and I don't want to call it to the dealers attention, because then it will surely become an option. LOL
Mr.z is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
320rs, columbus, newbie, palomino, pdi