Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #1

Ordering a Sabre 32RCTS

Yesterday we took a last look at a Jayco that was still in the running and decided it was not for us. Tomorrow we will place an order for the Sabre. We have done a good deal of due diligence and am trying to continue to do so. All of you have been a great wealth of information. Some of the problems related on this site for the Columbus and Sabre are a bit scary, but the same goes for all brands. I will just do as you all do, manage any issues.....

I have a question about the slides in either the Columbus or Sabre. Has anyone experienced any linoleum scuffing, scraping, or damage where the slides come in over the carpet strip and roll onto the hard floor, such as in the kitchen area? I appreciate any info.

Thanks
Davidceder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I have had no such issues with mine. I did have an issue with one of the rubber flaps/seals coming off the wall, contacted several people to include dealer and factory rep. They were very accommodating and willing to repair. I chose to fix it myself and have had no issues since. It was rather easy. No issues on the items you addressed. Welcome to the forum!
2016-(32) 2017-(13) 2018-(20) 2019-0
BombDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:24 AM   #3
Camper Less Camping

None at all on our unit

Old 05-06-2013, 01:37 PM   #4

No problem here as well so far...and judging from the way the slides tilt up and in, I looks to me like scuuffing ect will be very unlikely in the future.

btw..we're into our second year and are still pleased with our choice with no second thougghts or regrets ...although we are a little envious of some of the new features. like color and LEDs.
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:48 PM   #5

Congrats on your decision to go with the Sabre. You'll be very happy with it. Now the wait starts, hopefully it goes quickly.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:37 PM   #6
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimchaSabre View Post
No problem here as well so far...and judging from the way the slides tilt up and in, I looks to me like scuuffing ect will be very unlikely in the future.

btw..we're into our second year and are still pleased with our choice with no second thougghts or regrets ...although we are a little envious of some of the new features. like color and LEDs.
Tell me about it...my wife really wanted the brown exterior...we missed the factory coming out with this option by 30 days & of course the Dealer did not know either to give us a heads up so we could wait!!! Damn /;(

Old 05-06-2013, 04:04 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimchaSabre View Post
although we are a little envious of some of the new features. like color and LEDs.
All at an added cost. Not to hijack this thread but friends liked our Sabre so much they were going to order the same model as ours, until they found out what the new price was for those new features and tan exterior.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #8

Color & prices

The partial paint option is $2,458 List.
I choose to go with what is called the Platinum Edition. This is the coffee like color it was $689 List. I loaded her up fairly well with the following:

50 amp service
JT Strong Arm Stabilizers
Trailair Rota Flex Pinbox
Trailair Equa-flex suspension
Flip down bike rack
Electric rear stabilizers
6000 lbs rims with 8 lug aluminum rims/16 inch E rated tires (mandatory)
Electric Fireplace
15K BTU Air
2nd 13.5K air in bedroom
Radiant technology insulation (roof only)
LG Solid surface counter tops
48" X 30" Fiberglass shower upgrade
Airbed sleeper sofa
2 Leather Lazy Boys recliners
Serta mattress upgrade
Ceiling fan
Electrolux central Vac
Beauflor Plankwood pattern

and something new they just made available - minimal carpet option. There is some open issues about what this is exactly is. I know that the stairs, bedroom, all slides have carpet. A strip of carpet 6-8 inches wide is also required for the entire length of each slide just in front of the slide so the rollers have somewhere to start up. What is unknown is if the will be a strip of carpet in the rear under the recliners or is it will all be the plank pattern. I figure either way not much difference.

Looking forward to getting my 5r. Truck is due in at the dealer in about 4 weeks. that will give me a chance to get her broken in and have the spray in bed liner done.

Be safe out there
Old 05-07-2013, 06:37 PM   #9

Curious about the minimal capet option. Sounds like something my wife would have liked. btw. The stairs on our Sabre are NOT carpeted. I know this because, if they were, removing it would have been the first mood!

Good luck with both of your new acquisitions.
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:44 PM   #10

Stairs

I meant to say the "riser"s are carpeted but the tops are wood.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #11

Congrats on the new rig. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we are enjoying ours.
slide5r4fun is offline   Reply With Quote