Old 11-14-2012, 04:09 PM   #1
Our 320RS first trip

Only whent 80 miles from home on the first trip and everything went well only a few small things that I fixed no major problems. Heat pump worked great as temps were in low 40's at night, only thing was low water pressure at the shower head anyone else have this. Next trip day after Thansgiving for 3 days.

hd riders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
Were you on city water or using the fresh tank?
Do you use an inline pressure regulator or filter?

2013 Palomino Columbus 320RS
2007 Dodge RAM 2500 6.7 Cummins
Reese 15K manual slider
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:38 PM   #3
Yes we were on city water and using the pressure regulator the dealer gave us, no inline filter but the one that comes with the 320. This was at a State Park camp ground
hd riders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:03 PM   #4
Trailer Trash
Dealer gave me a non adjustable simple brass pressure regulator also. Made the shower a joke. Unscrewed the regulator and hooked it up again without a regulator. Test water pressure using shower head in water panel with and without the regulator. The regulator is for abnormally high pressure which you might find at some RV sites. I noticed mornings at my RV park, the shower pressure in bathroom low. Guess everyone takes the morning shower and park pressure at water taps gets low. It would be easy as heck to make a pressure guage setup with brass fittings and then screw it onto the tap at the RV park. City water pressure is typically 60-80psi by the way. RV pressure at 40-50 sounds like desired norm from what I have read.

Nice little Camco brand one here - guage and regulator
joelek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:12 PM   #5
Columbus 302 rs
We did a quick replacement of the water restrictor with an adjustable water pressure gauge which made a big difference and than replaced shower head with Oxygenics shower head. We now love our shower and have no pressure problems.
TheEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:37 AM   #6
I know this makes most cringe, but we long ago gave up on pressure regulators after have many issues with them (and we tried evey single kind you can find). Reducing the pressure makes everything involving potable water more difficult and only really saves you on the odd hose, which should be replaced every year anyway. The only issue we ever had, in years of doing this full time, is we noticed the water pump on our old class A leaking by at the wet end. The pump was a few years old and once I replaced all the seals and gaskets we never had a leak again. I know the theoretical damage that could be done given the odd high pressure at some parks, but again I've never seen this actually happen, and for most of you who only use the rig sometimes, this seems overly onerous to stifle your water pressure. That and out of hundreds of rv parks we've stayed at i've only ever seen 2 parks that had pressure over 80psi guaged, and only when we were the only folks staying at the park.

All we do now, is guage the pressure when we flush the line (you all flush the water line prior to hooking up right? especially at state park campgrounds, coliform builds quickly in un/underused water lines , and if it's over 80psi we opt to run the pump off the tank if possible. But this has only happened twice at small parks that were plumed directly off the incoming feed header, vice a park distro head.

just my $.02
GypsyFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:17 AM   #7
I spent the money on a Watts Water Pressure regulator kit from It was about $100, but well worth the money. My RV is protected and my showers are glorious (especially after also switching to an oxygenics showerhead).

As a boy with long thick hair, good water pressure is important if there's any hope that I'll get it washed.

2013 Sabre 36QBOK pulled by a 2012 Ram 3500 DRW
Blogs: Learn to RV & Personal Fulltiming Adventure
Towing Calculators: Towing Planner
ependydad is online now   Reply With Quote