Old 04-13-2012, 09:42 PM   #11

Technically, the factory has the right to change specs on components used in their trailers. They probably struck a better deal from their vendor on the TV & Surround Sound. I have two Toshiba's, but would have prefered the Samsung over the Panasonic. But you know what? It still is a killer system and I'll have to live with it.
Now if I can only get the antenna working.....

Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:07 AM   #12

Insomnia....

This is the better half. Honey I have a question... are we camping or watching T.V.? Not sure if my condition is related to anticipation or anxiety, but I will feel much better when the my "second home" is hitched to the Silvertank and heading down the highway towards home number one. Maybe then I can get a good night sleep!

Thank you honey for the new coffee pot, the new dishes, the room darkening curtains (thanks for the ideas fellow fivers!). Your special burgers are going to taste awesome on the new grill! Had fun at Walmart last night. Think I will change our logon name to "Discover Columbus" (play on words)!

Love you honey, but I am taking the remote!

"Life is Good!"

Old 04-18-2012, 11:24 AM   #13
Factory Rep

We ran our supplier out of Toshiba TV...they went on back order until June. We had to make the switch to the Hi Sense (by the way is the #1 selling brand in China, the largest TV market in the world)...also Hi Sense was the to offer "smart" technology. It is carried by such major retailers as Sears, HH Gregg and Walmart. Hope you enjoy it...it is a wonderful LED TV.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:37 AM   #14

Hisense

Christopher,

Thank you for the clarification.

Is the method for getting sorround sound from the Hisense TV, the same as the Toshiba, via audio fiber optic cable? Very difficult to get any information on the Hisense, does it have an audio fiber optic port?
Old 04-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #15

Igray,
I don't mean to speak for Christopher Columbus, but I just finished investigating this. The TV has a Digital Audio out that is S/PDIF coaxial. The Samsung has a Optical input. I ordered a Digital Audio Coaxial SPDIF coax to Toslink Optical Digital Converter and cables of each type. The converter has a built in power supply and will need a plug near by. I forgot to look and see if there is one open. I will post back my results on how it operates when I receive all.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:41 AM   #16

Glass door on A/V system

Does the glass door on your A/V unit hinge from the top with the magnetic keeper at the bottom? Mine does, and the only way to keep the glass door open to say... load a cd or dvd is to open both of the upper cabinet doors and then the glass door and carefully close the upper cabinet door to keep the glass door open??? I think that it is mounted upside down. One of a short list of pet peeves. One of the other is the pendant lights over the dining table not being centered over the table, anyone else find this annoying? The table is centered on the window but the lights are not. I hit my head on the lights when opening or closing my shades. I'm afraid I am going to break one, guess I'll get used to it.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:51 AM   #17

we had our table turned.............. LOL I don't hit my head on anything. But I think that is making a world of difference.! I love it turned the way it is. We can sit next to each other and look out when eating and the weather is bad or it is a morning that we are heading to the mothership.

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:33 AM   #18

Now that you mention it, my lights over the table are about 4' off set, looks like they would center them with the window as they did the table. Maybe Mr. Columbus can mention this to the factory folks.
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:23 AM   #19

You talking about Palmetto state park south of Abbevile? Very nice splash Pad for kids there.

papap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:37 AM   #20

Nope, this Palmetto State park is in central Texas near Gonzales, the San Marcos river runs thru it.