Old 04-11-2012, 10:00 PM   #1

Our day to post "Picked up our Columbus yesterday"

Well! "We picked up our new Columbus 320 rs in Houston yesterday". Seems like we have been waiting a long time to say that, but it was very close to schedule. Truck also came in a day earlier than we expected, not sure wich I like more. We had a very thorough walk thru, covering all the systems. Our only glitch was the fantastic fan add on for the living/dining area. Couldn't get the fan to come on, but it was taken care of before we left. Turned out to be a loose connection. Only other thing was the Tv's were not the Toshiba's that were in the show 320, they were Chineese made HiSense brand. I wasn't happy with this, but we were compensated by the dealer. Anyone else get HiSense Tv's?

Love the 6 point leveling system, love the layout, love the bigger couch and location of the recliner. Can you say lighting? Wow!!! Upgraded mattress was definatly an improvement but still not what I'd like. Too many other great things to list.

We also had installed the BD3 air ride hitch from Hensley, ordered it and had it my garage for about 4 weeks. Instalation was a breeze with the adapter for Ford 5th wheel prep package. Can be managed in three pieces by one stout person. Beautiful to tow with. Can't wait for our shake out camp at Palmetto State park. See ya'll in the camp grounds, will post any issues we find along the way.

Hampy Campers!!!

Joel & Bec

Old 04-11-2012, 10:04 PM   #2
I just tow the TT for DW!

Congrats! Enjoy the heck out of it. One more thing...where are the pics???

2008 Ford F350 King Ranch Lariat SD CC 4x4 V10 4:10
2012 Rockwood Windjammer 3008 - Equalizer 12k
2007 EZGO TXT Lifted/Custom Golf Cart

Nights Camped: 2011(52) 2012(65) 2013(65) 2014 (51) 2015 (40)
kamp k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #3

Congrats!!!!! Isn't the lighting awesome???? There are so many things that I love!!!! We have the upgraded leather couch. We put a 6 inch memory foam topper on the mattress and even it is wonderful! We got the HiSense televisions also. Just can't get satellite in bedroom. Small problem right now.............

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:16 PM   #4

Hope you enjoy your new 320RS. It's a really nice rig.
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:56 PM   #5

Hisense?

I get the impression that the factory has replaced the Toshiba's for Hisense on all 2013's? Did either of your dealers offer and explanation?

Is the 40 inch still an LED and the 32 LCD?

If you don't mind me asking, how did the dealer compensate for this? To me, this is a big deal and possible deal killer.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:41 PM   #6

Smile

Quote:
We also had installed the BD3 air ride hitch from Hensley, ordered it and had it my garage for about 4 weeks. Instalation was a breeze with the adapter for Ford 5th wheel prep package. Can be managed in three pieces by one stout person. Beautiful to tow with.
Isn't that BD3 5th wheel hitch from Hensley the bee's knees!! We love ours and it really smooths out the road and wind doesn't bother it either. Any one who owns a 5th wheel should check them out. You will be pleasantly surprised.

<a href=http://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>http://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:31 AM   #7

lgray,
If yours comes with the Hisense TVs, maybe your dealer will swap them out for the Toshibas in a unit in stock.
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:25 AM   #8

Amxpress,

Good thought, plan on calling today. What did your 2013 come with? Unless this is a change that the manufacture instituted, it might be a dealer order option. If the is the case, he was to order the exact options as the model we saw at the show in Columbia...Toshiba TV,s and Panasonic sorround DVD unit.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:51 AM   #9

Igray, I certainly wouldn't think the tv's should be a deal killer. The picture on the Hesense is quite good and has the same slim look. Our concern was that parts or service would be impossible, making them disposable tv's. "Think compensation" ours came in form of a gift certificate to the dealers parts department. Reviews on the net are mixed, however it is considered a top line in China (FWIW). I'll have to get back to you on LED<LCD didn't pay that close attention and don't have my manuals here. Speaking of manuals there are a lot of warranty cards to fill out. You might ask your dealer to do those for you...

Our unit also came with a Samsung head unit instead of the Panasonic, but I considered this an even swap. The dealers explanation for changes was "the manufacturer reserves the right to make changes in current production".
Old 04-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #10

Overreacted

Appreciate the feedback and you are correct, not a deal killer.

Went by the dealer and toured our unit for the first time. The Hisense in the bedroom is an LED, the Toshiba was an LCD...upgrade. I prefer the Samsung DVD sorround over the Panasonic. All in all it was a wash.

He shared with me that the dealers really have no control over what electronics go in. He had a 365 on the lot. It had the Toshiba's, however, he pointed out that they are a lower model than those in the 2012 models.