Old 09-11-2017, 02:53 PM   #1

Outside LED&Speaker upgrades Puma 373qsi

Hello everyone. Just picked up a 17 puma 373qsi and I am kind of disappointed by the use of old school halogen incadescent bulbs on the outside of the trailer. The trailer it's replacing, a 2008 coachmen adrenaline, has LED tail lights, and yet this thing, 9 years newer doesn't... My question is this; do any other forest river trailers have LED tail lights and side marker lights that would fit directly (and replace the whole housing preferably)? Or do I take the easy way out and do a bulb swap wherever I can?

Oh, and forest river, if you're reading this, you should be ashamed of the outdoor speakers. I think you can get better stuff at walmart... veeery tinny. Anyone know what size they are under the cover - 4" or 5.25"?

Last question - are the loading lights (above the ramp) supposed to turn on from the garage? I have one switch there which doesn't seem to do anything, no fuse labeled for those lights, and I have yet to climb up the 14ft to see if it's the bulbs...

Thanks in advance!

Fosters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 04:54 PM   #2

I found some oval shaped surface mount LED brake lights at a local Tractor Supply that replaced the crappy lights that came stock. The loading lights on ours is operated by a switch by the ramp door just inside the garage.

2017 PP 373QSI

Frog# OK-0063-135
Slyhuntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:08 PM   #3

Awesome, that's what I was looking for! I will hit up Tractorsupply.
Fosters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 07:46 AM   #4

We have a '17 383FB and it has the LED lights. One of the many things we were looking for in a new unit.
KenDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fosters View Post
Hello everyone. Just picked up a 17 puma 373qsi and I am kind of disappointed by the use of old school halogen incadescent bulbs on the outside of the trailer. The trailer it's replacing, a 2008 coachmen adrenaline, has LED tail lights, and yet this thing, 9 years newer doesn't... My question is this; do any other forest river trailers have LED tail lights and side marker lights that would fit directly (and replace the whole housing preferably)? Or do I take the easy way out and do a bulb swap wherever I can?

Oh, and forest river, if you're reading this, you should be ashamed of the outdoor speakers. I think you can get better stuff at walmart... veeery tinny. Anyone know what size they are under the cover - 4" or 5.25"?

Last question - are the loading lights (above the ramp) supposed to turn on from the garage? I have one switch there which doesn't seem to do anything, no fuse labeled for those lights, and I have yet to climb up the 14ft to see if it's the bulbs...

Thanks in advance!

Agree, those speakers are terrible. Bad thing is they are very shallow in trailers -11/2 or 2 inches. so not many replacement options.
condojj48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, puma, upgrade