Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2012, 06:33 PM   #1

p traps on the sabre rets-6

Does anyone know if I should have p traps under the sink in the kitchen and bathroom? I have a 2012 sabre rets-6 and have no p traps under the sink and was told by the dealer that the traps were built into the grey tanks 1 and 2. Thanks
rdvanorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:42 PM   #2
jsk

We have a 2012 Sabre 34-REQS and do not have p traps. Instead we have a Hepvo valve. It is an inline pipe with a rubber diaphragm inside the line that closes when there is no flow to keep the odor out. They are used to save space. If you have one it will be white in color and around 8" long.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
ns-sabre

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdvanorder
Does anyone know if I should have p traps under the sink in the kitchen and bathroom? I have a 2012 sabre rets-6 and have no p traps under the sink and was told by the dealer that the traps were built into the grey tanks 1 and 2. Thanks
Same. 2012 REQS. No p-traps. Have the Hepvo, one under the sink for gray1 and one in utility area behind basement for gray2.
ns-sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:12 AM   #4
H2oski

I have Ptraps kitchen, bathroom and shower. Build date May 2011 I think.
(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:29 PM   #5

have a 34reqs and the number 2 tank on the sink gets app.2\3 rds full and water backs up in sink. go outside and partially pull open valve and it burps and then water goes down in sink. any ideas on how to fix?
duchie
duchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:45 PM   #6
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchie
have a 34reqs and the number 2 tank on the sink gets app.2\3 rds full and water backs up in sink. go outside and partially pull open valve and it burps and then water goes down in sink. any ideas on how to fix?
duchie
You need to have a dealer inspect the vent line. Sounds like the pipe/ vent might be blocked.
SabreSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:01 PM   #7

Our Flagstaff has p-traps, and glad we have them. The diaphram in that Hepvo gadget could fail and let sewer gas into the camper. Not good.
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #8
ns-sabre

I have the kitchen grey tank back up in sink before full as well. Measured and actually takes about 8 to 10 gallons before backing up. We are typically at serviced site so not big issue, dealer has promised to address in fall when roof issue is addressed.

In regards to p traps I believe the hepvo is only on gray tanks, and not black.

Have been enjoying our 34reqs every weekend and last week for one full week. We love layout and features just as when we first saw at the RV show, and most issues have settled down. We have used enough to give good test. However like others on the forum, particularly in regards to our roof issue and several other items mentioned, have been disappointed with the finish quality. Maybe all vendors are the same today, however to date we have had more issues in 5 months then in 8 years with previous TT. which has been somewhat disappointing. (different manufacture).

As stated on other threads on the positive side Sabre Sam and our dealer have been very responsive to date and addressed issues, my concern with the number of issues is when the warranty expires next spring, so we're enjoying in the meantime and will wait and see how thinks go over the longer term.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:57 PM   #9

Ns-sabre
Ive had several issues with mine also,none on my tt by another manuf. Haveing a hard time getting fixed.
Whats wrong with your roof???
duchie
Old 08-08-2012, 10:56 AM   #10
ns-sabre

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchie
Ns-sabre
Ive had several issues with mine also,none on my tt by another manuf. Haveing a hard time getting fixed.
Whats wrong with your roof???
duchie
Duchie, I was hoping to post a link, but can't see a way, however if you use the search function and search on " observation and question" the thread I posted on with lots of pics should come up in top 5 or 6. Hope this gets you there. Basically since that time the wriggles etc. on main roof have settled down and is not deemed a concern. What the dealer and forest river agreed was a problem was along the edges were the wall meets the roof ( I believe pics are in second post) . There is a area over steps/washroom were it appears either the roofing was cut too long or the wall too high, in either case creating a section were the edge and rubber roof is very tight and sharp angle which creates sharp points were those sections transition to lower sections were the rubber roof has a fair amount of play and is rounded. They appear to be already starting to almost wear a hole from the pressure at these points.

Dealer / FR have agreed to address this fall.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:03 AM   #11

thanks
duchie