Old 07-18-2010, 02:58 PM   #1
Palomino G218

We are looking at a Gazelle 218. Tow rating matches up with our Chevy Trailblazer. The weighed in unit we are considering is 3715lbs. The GVWR is 4800lbs. Our TB is rated at 5750lbs. We will use distribution and sway control. Anyone towed this TT using a similar tow vehicle?

smeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 03:17 PM   #2
Not exactly but I do have a 2005 Jeep Liberty with the tow package that is rated for 5000lbs and I tow a 21' bass boat with it which weighs in at 3700lbs on the trailer. The Jeep definately knows it's back there and power is lacking on the hills. In strong winds it is really not all that comfortable and the boat is much lower profile than a TT. We don't use the Liberty to go long distances, usually only from storage to the lake (about 10 miles and 45mph or less). We will be looking into a V8 powered 1/2 ton truck next season for it. I hope you have more than a V6 in the Trailblazer and an upgrade from the stock tires to a higher load range rating would help.

"I can fix it, and if I can't fix it, I can fix it so no one can fix it!"
Ed & Wendy
2009 Georgetown 378TS | 1998 Jeep Wrangler | 1998 Skeeter ZX202C
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:38 AM   #3

I have the inline 6, and the transmission is the same as the half ton truck transmission. The engine has lots of torque. I know we won't be pushing it over about 55mph.
smeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 05:25 PM   #4
Hi Smeds,

Sorry to come late to the party.

I tow a G-218 with a 2009 Tacoma. With the towing package, the Tacoma is tow-rated for 6500 lbs. As I have said in other posts, towing on the flats is okay, but towing on some of the hills around Calgary is onerous. The trailer weight is less of a factor then the wind resistance for me.

I have a Reese hitch with dual sway bars and have never had any issues with trailer sway.

In summary, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to tow the G-218, but it'll be a fair bit of work for both you and your truck.
carlm is offline   Reply With Quote