Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2018, 12:34 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Hollywoodgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 154
Paneling and inside trim

So I bought a 2017 QSI 373 and its supose to be set up for motorcycles and UTV's. Well mine has a closet and refrigerator built in the far right section by the rear door. So no wat of getting my Can Am into the garage.

I have a wood working shop so I was wondering if anyone has bought paneling or trim from the stealer ) I was thinking of either taking out the fridge and making it a closet / out door storeage area where the door is to get to fridge.
__________________

Hollywoodgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 12:51 PM   #2
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 18,767
Ok, so here's the floorplan:


It sounds like you want to do what? Remove the pantry and fridge in the kitchen? Isn't the wall still in the way of loading your Can Am?

However, isn't the 12' garage long enough for the Spyder to fit in?

---

As for ordering panels + trim from the dealer, the problem usually isn't the cost of the item but of the cost of shipping. Someone else got a quote saying that a 9' piece of trim was $60 but $100 for freight shipping. Sometimes you can get the dealer to talk to the manufacturer to throw items inside of a unit on order - takes longer, but you beat the shipping cost.
__________________

__________________
2018 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling a 2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 12:53 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
danny4127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: INDEPENDECE KS
Posts: 137
Back it in
__________________
Danny and Beverly Plus Panhead (chiweenie)
2016 GREY WOLF 26RR LIMITED
2016 DOGE RAM 2500
2013 HARLEY TRI-GLIDE
danny4127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 01:02 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Hollywoodgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Ok, so here's the floorplan:


It sounds like you want to do what? Remove the pantry and fridge in the kitchen? Isn't the wall still in the way of loading your Can Am?

However, isn't the 12' garage long enough for the Spyder to fit in?

---

As for ordering panels + trim from the dealer, the problem usually isn't the cost of the item but of the cost of shipping. Someone else got a quote saying that a 9' piece of trim was $60 but $100 for freight shipping. Sometimes you can get the dealer to talk to the manufacturer to throw items inside of a unit on order - takes longer, but you beat the shipping cost.
Sorry The OHC in the garage has a turn table in it on the bottom with a fridge. You can spin it around to get the fridge outside. With the width of the Can Am you can pull far enough in I dont believe. so my plans were modifing the closet in garage to be more narrow.
Hollywoodgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 01:41 PM   #5
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 18,767
What does yours look like?



I see the upper cabinet in this picture but nothing below?
__________________
2018 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling a 2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 02:13 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
rmac04401's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Franklin County, PA
Posts: 2,578
Paneling and inside trim

Itís a garage. Dismantle cabinet. Most likely there is paneling behind the shelving. Just use the outside door as a pass through. Pictures would help.if it need new paneling I would sheet it with Luann tape the seam and paint the wall.

That would be easier than trying to match paneling and paying the high cost. With you being woodworker you problematical can make it so no one even will notice. You could always cover bottom with more diamond plate and keep cabinet on top.
__________________
2019 Puma XLE 27QBC Toy Hauler
2005 Honda VTX 1300
2012 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed
5.7L Hemi, 3:73 Rear
Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 09:00 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Hollywoodgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
What does yours look like?



I see the upper cabinet in this picture but nothing below?
Yes that is mine but the cabinet goes to the ground and there is an outside door that you can swing the fridge from inside and swing it to the outside patio. Its a nice feature however i'm about 6" -8" shy of being able to get it inside. if it was like that no problem at all
Hollywoodgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 09:06 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Hollywoodgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmac04401 View Post
Itís a garage. Dismantle cabinet. Most likely there is paneling behind the shelving. Just use the outside door as a pass through. Pictures would help.if it need new paneling I would sheet it with Luann tape the seam and paint the wall.

That would be easier than trying to match paneling and paying the high cost. With you being woodworker you problematical can make it so no one even will notice. You could always cover bottom with more diamond plate and keep cabinet on top.

Tru dat and the seam over that dor way is F'd up. I have a wood working shop and not saying I'm Mr. Carbinet maker but as I sit hear reading his I could build a cabinet that strerches across the top and support in my a 2x4 pillars like making a doorway. I could keep my waxes etc barage stuff up that and even If I did it in a charcoal black stain it would look cool I think. On the door side I could narrow the cabinet and have access inside and out. Migtht be able to move the fridge back. If I make it out of like cedar it would be nice and light.
Hollywoodgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 09:12 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
rmac04401's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Franklin County, PA
Posts: 2,578
Sound like your mind is working and it will look awesome.

People with my current trailer have done mods as far as cabinets, and they have worked out well.

Look under thread pimp my 26rr. Under the Cherokee toyhauler section, and check out the mods. I know yours is a different trailer but looking at others peoples work may give you ideas of how to do yours that you may have not thought about.

Good luck and post your progress with pics.
__________________
2019 Puma XLE 27QBC Toy Hauler
2005 Honda VTX 1300
2012 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed
5.7L Hemi, 3:73 Rear
Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 09:16 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
cavie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Port Charlotte Fl/Hinsdale Ma
Posts: 4,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywoodgt View Post
Tru dat and the seam over that dor way is F'd up. I have a wood working shop and not saying I'm Mr. Carbinet maker but as I sit hear reading his I could build a cabinet that strerches across the top and support in my a 2x4 pillars like making a doorway. I could keep my waxes etc barage stuff up that and even If I did it in a charcoal black stain it would look cool I think. On the door side I could narrow the cabinet and have access inside and out. Migtht be able to move the fridge back. If I make it out of like cedar it would be nice and light.
As stated before. BACK IT IN.
__________________

__________________
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS
Port Charlotte Fl/Hinsdale Ma
Retired Master Electrician.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 AM.