View Poll Results: How Important is a microwave in an outside kitchen?
Must have outside microwave 8 34.78%
No need for an outside microwave 10 43.48%
Want kitchen prepped with cabinet for a microwave 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-06-2014, 05:16 AM   #11
the fridge is for beer, soda, beer, meat for grill, and beer. All the storage space keeps all my grilling and smoking supplies handy.

David & Lynn
2014 Coachmen Chaparral Signature 327 RLKS
2016 Ford F350 Lariat CC Dually
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:46 AM   #12
I have a Puma 30kfbds and I used everything except the microwave. The microwave has turned into a storage bin for the chips and nachos. The sink could definitely be deeper--the idea for a cover is excellent.

2013 GMC Savana 2500 FBI Edition
2015 Rockwood 8327SS stuffed with 5 kids!

SE Michigan
Nights camped 2014: 48
BiigDaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:17 AM   #13
I owe it all to bacon.
A cover would be a great idea. We have used our outside kitchen quite a bit. The microwave is handy for cooking smelly stuff (popcorn, bacon, etc). Wish the sinks were bigger. Even if they were just wider to fit a larger pan in and put in a sprayer so you can fill tall glasses and pitchers.
Eklc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:14 AM   #14
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
I would lose the microwave. We've had our Sierra for 2yrs and have never used the outside microwave. Usable counter space is better. Also, moving my fridge to it's own storage area was a huge bonus, although this may not be an option on many models. Made more room for coffee maker, blenders, etc. The sink cover is nice, ours came with one.

After reading through some of these posts, you can see why I suggested the scenario of a couple different kitchen layouts. When working at our local RV show, I overheard many people talking about, "I like this model, but the kitchen of the other". I myself have said this. May have bought a new Sierra, if they hadn't changed the OK, that was the only thing I didn't like.
2016 Georgetown 364TS
Nights Camped
2014 - 56
2015 - 41
2016 - 67
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:56 AM   #15
I prefer the sink and microwave in the outside kitchen and the fridge being in the side of the camper like my last two have been. We cook outside at all times except during rainy weather. I'd say 95% of the time. My camper has the pull out drawer on the left where we store two griddles and we've put a stainless toaster on top. Like I said, that and the bunkroom layout is what sold us on the Sandpiper 355QBQ the first time and then 11 months later a Sandpiper 365SAQ. However, I do like the idea of different layouts where you can order the one you like. Here is ours.

2012 Sandpiper 365SAQ weighing @ 15k, Onan, 2nd air, slide toppers, TST
2013 F350 6.7L Lariat 4x4 CC DRW,Viair 1007, Ride-Rites, Edge CTS, B&W
2001 Chevy 3500CC DRW 4x4, 8.1L, 4.10 gears w/ Detroit TrueTrac
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:21 PM   #16
I would lose the microwave if it meant getting more counter space for things like an ice maker. I would also like to see a slightly bigger cook stove as it's hard to get a decent sized griddle on there without covering the knobs. Having said all that, the Sabre OK is still the best I have seen.
CBergstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:08 PM   #17
We love our OK. Have not used the microwave as much as I thought and miss the extra storage/cabinet space. I like the idea of the are for an ice maker. We purchased an ice maker last year and either set it up on the ground next to the RV or on a table. Also, with the microwave, my Kuerig does not fit under the cabinet. I refuse to live without the sink and the fridge is a must.
2013 Sabre 36QBOK
2008 Ford F350 King Ranch CC DRW 6.4l, 4.10 diff
B&W companion
Airlift system/on board compressor

speedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:23 PM   #18
Not to disparage a FR brand...but, the Wildcat (which we almost bought) has what I thought was a good OSK. When we looked at it the day we were going to make our purchase, we saw a Columbus and then looked at the Wildcat again - no contest. The WC was just not up to the C in every department. What really sealed it was the cheap, stamped metal, here is how to get started camping (think first tent) and these are your appliances. If this is harsh, sort of sorry but that is exactly how we felt looking at the outside kitchen on the WC.

Brenda and John
'14 Ram 3500 MCSB 6.7L HO PullRite 16K S/G, Grey Columbus 320RS Camped '14 - 146 days/'15 - 196 days
USN-EOD(Ret), Master Chief, 30 yrs,
Master Blaster of the Navy
BigTJohn is offline   Reply With Quote

outdoor kitchen