Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2013, 09:43 AM   #1

PDI Checklist additions

As we hopefully get closer to our new fiver, we are getting ready for the PDI. We have done this before, so while it is not new, it still very important to cover all of the bases. So, we have our PDI check lists that we have gathered over time, but I would like to add items on the 320RS that have been an issue with others so we can check them during the PDI. Please give me any and all issues that have come up on the units you own so we may add to our list.
Thank you in advance.
2013 Columbus 320RS
Maryland
Times camping in 2013 - 5
Sporoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #2
Always Learning

If the camper comes with a DVD player and surround sound - make sure you can play a movie and all on the speakers work. Our center channel wasn't hooked up. We went low tech while diagnosing it and used a wrapping paper tube held up to our ear and the speaker to isolate each one.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:37 PM   #3

Ok, so I am not getting very much response here so let me word it a little differently. I realize I could go through the entire thread system and get these answers for myself, and I will if I have to, but...............
If everyone could possibly list any problems you have had, and what the fix was by the dealer/factory, we could get a good list of things for everyone to watch out for. Thank you.
2013 Columbus 320RS
Maryland
Old 01-28-2013, 07:04 PM   #4
Always Learning

I'll play again- it was on our PDI, but not something we normally would have check as it was mid-July when we picked up the camper, but our furnace didn't make heat when we tested it. They replaced a circuit board while we waited (wife laid down up in the bedroom).
Old 01-28-2013, 08:30 PM   #5

Turn on the heat, turn on the A/C's, test all lights, test all fans, check all plumbing for leaks, open doors, close doors, check the screen doors and make sure they open shut properly, open doors again. Do things that you will do when you're camping. Do things you will do when you're done camping, pull the dump valves etc, check the running lights, check the scare lights, check storage lights. Fill up the air beds, unfill and put away, fill em again. Flush the toilets. Take a nap.... ok, just kidding here.

Go prepared. And don't worry, you WILL find something after the fact. Just keep a running sheet after that for warranty service work. Best of all, know that you made a good choice and JUST HAVE FUN! Nothing is perfect, but being outdoors, in the minority these days is a lot of fun.
Nights Camped 2013 - Not enough!
mhuffs9017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:43 PM   #6

our biggest thing was the noisy AC in the bedroom, other issues that we have had: 1 window leak (check caulking), check wall in washer/dryer closet for separation, fender screws loose, bedroom door guide (this was fixed twice). Others have has shower issues. there has been other things but those are the ones that stand out in my mind.

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:44 PM   #7
H2oski

Climb up on the roof and inspect, don't just look. I found a broken antenna mount during mine. Good luck.
(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:45 PM   #8

Open and close the curtains several times, check all small moulding for tightness, check your couch for wear on the side that folds down, it may have worn in travel, open and close the slides a few times to make sure there are no marks on the floor. Double on the DVD player, mine still had the factory shipment screw in it, would not play any disk. All above from experience.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:55 PM   #9

Make sure all of the holes in the hinge mounting plates have screws.
Find the water filter. If you don't like where it is, ask for it to be moved or removed.
Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:17 AM   #10

Thank you everyone for your input. Now how about some of you Columbus owners and the issues with them. I do know there was some things about caulking in the shower, or maybe the track being reversed? Has everyone with the noisey bedroom a/c been ok with the fix?
2013 Columbus 320RS
Maryland