Old 09-25-2013, 08:02 AM   #21
Originally Posted by SydKad View Post

I have almost the exact same floorplan only mine is the Tracer 3150BHD instead of the Lacrosse, and my unit came factory prepped for a second A/C. Since yours is also a Prime Time, I am curious about a few things:

1) Where is the second unit located?
2) Does it plumb into the existing duct work?
3) If ducted, is there a separate thermostat for it?
4) Does it help keep the bunkhouse cooler? My BH is usually noticeably hotter than the rest of the coach, which I think is because there's only one vent and it's the 4th and final one on that duct
5) Was it factory installed or dealer installed?

Thanks in advance.
1)one unit above bedroom, one above bunk room
2)They share ducts
3)One thermostat for both units (independent control, Unit 1, Unit 2)
4)It will cool down the ENTIRE coach, I mean even to the point of cold, even on a 100+ day
5)Mine was a factory installed option, 50A service TT

You're very welcome! Sorry it took so long to reply, haven't been keeping up lately.

2013 Ram 2500 Cummins 4x4
2014 Lacrosse 318BHS

Georgetown, TX
rbowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:34 AM   #22
Site Team
Another benefit seldom mentioned is, when you only need one, run the run that is in the opposite end of camper. If watching lr TV, run only bedroom ac. When sleeping run lr ac. Much quieter.

2013 Rockwood 8282WS
Reese Revolution Pin, Reese 16K
2008 Tundra Limited Double Cab 5.7L
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:52 AM   #23
I set the bedroom temperature 2 degrees warmer that way the bedroom unit will not come on as much. Usually at night it won't run at all the 1 unit can handle it all.
Camping from 2008, Life member Good Sam / KOA / iRV2
2014 Columbus 320RS
2011 Ford, F250, 6.7D, SRW
tugboat369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:07 PM   #24
This is one of the biggest complaints that I have heard from any brand not just FR. Two A/C 's are the best way to go. Once your temp builds in the unit it will take twice to three times as long to drop the temps in the unit. When you travel heat builds up in your furniture rugs and anything else. Without 2 A/C's you need to set your trip up to be at your site by 2 PM or so to be able to keep up with the heat of the day. Once you build that heat up inside it takes almost all night to get the unit cooled down. The next day if you are staying you can pretty much keep up with the heat if you start it early in the morning but as the heat of the day around 3 or 4 you will see the inside climb. If I had the 2 A/C option I would do it in a hot second. Your cooling capacity lowers as the outside temp rises even if you start to try and keep up with it from early morning. They are really undersized, but as always they are trying to keep the cost down by installing one. Which will work fine until you hit the 90 degree mark outside.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:19 PM   #25
Yes, cause I couldn't seem to keep it much below 60 without both running !

Joel and Teresa
2016 Sabre 34TBOK
2006 GMC 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote