Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 10:39 PM   #81

As a whole, this forum has been very helpful. I'm glad to be back out camping. Part of our agreement is that the terms remain private, trust me I would love love LOVE TO SAY MORE.

As for the tone here, I have not attacked anyone and have no reason to be defensive. Taking one persons opinion of a situation personally is not necessary.

If we must disagree, my only point was that it not be public. Apparently it must.

To each their own....
Old 03-04-2014, 10:43 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidney View Post
Is it a condition of your settlement with FR and the dealer you do not post the resolution on this forum?

I think we are all wondering what the settlement was.
2000 Excursion Limited 7.3 PS Diesel Sold:crying

Old 03-04-2014, 10:46 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by dleighb View Post
As a whole, this forum has been very helpful. I'm glad to be back out camping. Part of our agreement is that the terms remain private, trust me I would love love LOVE TO SAY MORE.

As for the tone here, I have not attacked anyone and have no reason to be defensive. Taking one persons opinion of a situation personally is not necessary.

If we must disagree, my only point was that it not be public. Apparently it must.

To each their own....

And we will keep wondering.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:56 PM   #84
Site Team

Quote:

To each their own....
Interesting that FR Sabre dont want anyone to know if its Fix or new in simple terms. ( hail sales)
Truly glad you guys are happy

Zelda the campin dog
Old 03-04-2014, 11:02 PM   #85
NELA

OT alert....kinda;

MadMomma, check your PMs for the info on the wall vinyl applications!

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Old 03-04-2014, 11:09 PM   #86
NELA

FTR, I never assumed "they" to mean anyone other than the site admins here. (shrug)

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Old 03-04-2014, 11:13 PM   #87

Quote:

To each their own....
I'm happy for you it worked out to your satisfaction.

However... it is disconcerting that FR does not want the terms shared publicly... leaving me to conclude they do not want to set a precedent.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:49 PM   #88
Denver, CO

Whew, That's an hour and a half I will never get back.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:52 AM   #89

Quote:
I'm happy for you it worked out to your satisfaction.

However... it is disconcerting that FR does not want the terms shared publicly... leaving me to conclude they do not want to set a precedent.

X2

Old 03-05-2014, 01:25 AM   #90

Quote:
Is it a condition of your settlement with FR and the dealer you do not post the resolution on this forum?
Settlement agreements are called agreements for a reason.
Girl Costs Dad $80K with ‘TMI’ Facebook Post « KRON4
Old 03-05-2014, 10:10 AM   #91

It seems strange that barbs are still being hurled at the OP.

They are the victim in this, not FR.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Old 03-05-2014, 10:42 AM   #92
Moderator Emeritus

The OP has had their problems aired on the forum, eventually resolved to their satisfaction by Sabre with details that they're not allowed to discuss on the forum.

Seems to me that the problems is solved...now can we just move on or does this thread have to be closed too!

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Old 03-05-2014, 11:08 AM   #93
Site Team

OK, this thread has taken some serious turns. The OP is really just a statement thanking the members for their help. Their original problem has been solved, and according to them to their satisfaction There was no questions asked in the OP, so there really is no specific purpose for the comments made by some. A lot of this is just beating a dead horse stuff.

However, some other points have been raised which should be addressed for future reference. We have guidelines here for a reason, and they are usually the culmination of previous experiences with things that have happened on the forums.

I personally usually don't refer to them, until a thread gets sideways like this one (or two) have:

Community Rules

Be Courteous! Our philosophy is that we want The Forest River Forums to be an online reflection of the RV'ing community. Treat each other with respect just as you would around a campfire. Here are some general guidelines that we expect you to follow:

• Do not engage in personal attacks.

• Do not post the same discussion topic more than once or in several areas of the forum.

• Do not take every opportunity to express your disagreement, incite argument, insult each other, or fan flames. Voice your opinion respectfully and then let it go.

• Be mindful of yourself and others. This forum is not a democracy; it is privately owned and we make the rules. If rules are violated we retain the right to remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or remove members. Any abuse directed at our staff may/will result in immediate suspension of your account.

• Complaints about moderator decisions may not be made in posts; instead send a private message to a moderator. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned. Do not repost deleted material.
Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes: This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with sellers, manufacturers and dealers through the long-established legal or arbitration systems or the Better Business Bureau but not through our community.

The customer dispute guideline is very important. As history has shown us countless times, these topics get ugly quickly. A lot of people INCORRECTLY assume that Forest River Forums is owned/controlled by the Forest River Company cause of the name similiarity. This is an incorrect assumption, and for the most part, the members here are Forest River product owners. We do have some Forest River employees who are also members, but they don't have any more stroke here than anybody else.

Had we actually rigidly enforced this guideline, we wouldn't be at this point today in this thread. We like to give everyone opportunities to share wisdom and help out their fellow travelers, but it doesn't always work out that way, even with the best intentions.

That being said I am locking this forum, as there is no more benefit to be gained from it. The OP thanked everyone, so let's move on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now let's move to the next subject:

About the First Amendment, censorship and your "right to free speech": You have a right to free speech, but not on this forum. It is privately owned and requires members to abide by our guidelines and by the decisions of our moderators. If you cannot accept these guidelines please feel free to contact one of the many good web hosting companies out there to set up an account, create your own discussion board and exercise your First Amendment rights to your heart's content.

Site Management & Member Concerns: If we feel site rules are violated we may remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or restrict account access. Abuse toward our administrators or moderators may result in suspension of your account. Complaints about a moderator's decision regarding a particular post are not to be made in posts; instead send a private message to a moderator. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned or any other member of our site team. Do not repost deleted material. This forum is largely self-policing, which means that moderators will respond and react to problems reported through the REPORT POST option, via the CONTACT FORM at the bottom of each page, or via PM. Do not hesitate to use these tools to report any problems regarding the forum.

Someone has to interpret these guidelines and how they apply to this forum. Ultimately it's up to our site moderators and administrator to make this decision. If you have any questions about these guidelines, please feel free to contact a moderator or administrator.
Thanks to everyone for keeping the tone appropriate for a group of friends, at least the vast majority of the time. Please keep it up!

I am locking this thread for the sake of forum harmony between friends. As I posted copies of the guidelines above....feel free to PM me or other moderators any comments you may feel need addressed concerning this decision. I'll probably even agree with any bad names you might call me.

Any more topics relating to this same matter will be closed, so please don't try to rehash it. This horse is dead.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Closed Thread