Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 08:39 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad DADDY View Post
We just booked our first trip to Disney, heading down 4th of July. That should be a good time.
We go to Disney regularly and have been annual passholders for 14 (soon to be 15) years. Be ready for the humidity (and bugs!), but if you can survive those, Disney is always a great time. Enjoy!

USN Retired (26 years), but not Retired retired
Home Port Orlando
Old 03-04-2014, 08:56 PM   #62

MD... I followed your thread closely... I was thinking that it was closed due to fact that it had gone off-topic, got a little personal, and turned more to generalized opinions of FR and Sabre as a whole. I don't think anyone tried to quiet your voice.

On another note... I'm absolutely thrilled the little guy stood his ground and came away happy (as happy as possible). Good luck and happy camping to you.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:57 PM   #63

I would doubt a lot of info in this site. Anything Bob says you can count on as 100% correct and as honest as they come. It's not your site and it was shut down because it got out if had not because they the forum owners didn't like you or what you said.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:08 PM   #64

How was the situation resolved?

Repair original unit?

Replaced with a new unit?

Refund?
Old 03-04-2014, 09:20 PM   #65

Quote:
Someone has control on here. They shut down my forum. I do know that FR higher ups browse this site.
This forum is owned by Social Knowledge LLC which has no connection with Forest River or any of its divisions. The threads on this forum are under the watchful eye of Site Team members who are volunteers and do the thankless job keeping the forum running smoothly.

I don’t know why your thread was closed but personally had I been one of the site team members I would have pushed to have it closed sooner. Did you take the time to read the Community Rules before you began your rant about your Sabre? Here’s one of the Community Rules.

Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes: This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with sellers, manufacturers and dealers through the long-established legal or arbitration systems or the Better Business Bureau but not through our community.”

I think you owe an apology to the Site Team members for your irresponsible and in my opinion insulting accusation that Forest River had something to do with the closure of your thread.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Old 03-04-2014, 09:22 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
This forum is owned by Social Knowledge LLC which has no connection with Forest River or any of its divisions. The threads on this forum are under the watchful eye of Site Team members who are volunteers and do the thankless job keeping the forum running smoothly.

I don’t know why your thread was closed but personally had I been one of the site team members I would have pushed to have it closed sooner. Did you take the time to read the Community Rules before you began your rant about your Sabre? Here’s one of the Community Rules.

Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes: This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with sellers, manufacturers and dealers through the long-established legal or arbitration systems or the Better Business Bureau but not through our community.”

I think you owe an apology to the Site Team members for your irresponsible and in my opinion insulting accusation that Forest River had something to do with the closure of your thread.

+1

Old 03-04-2014, 09:22 PM   #67
Always Learning

Quote:
Someone has control on here. They shut down my forum. I do know that FR higher ups browse this site.
It was a FRF moderator team decision based on the tune of the thread. Just to confirm what Bob said- there was no FR influence on the decision. Feel free to PM myself or any of the moderators if you have questions.

Super glad to hear that y'all are happy! Hope to see you out on the road when I come up through your area this summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDHfan View Post
I don't think anyone tried to quiet your voice.
Exactly correct- in fact, I was fixing to PM you (Mad Daddy and Mad Momma) that I (or any moderator) would be more than happy to help post your updates as they progressed. You just beat me to the punch with this thread and your happy ending.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:27 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post

Oakman, I think you need to read what I said before you start making statements, I never once stated that FR shut down my thread !!!!!
Old 03-04-2014, 09:37 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
It was a FRF moderator team decision based on the tune of the thread. Just to confirm what Bob said- there was no FR influence on the decision. Feel free to PM myself or any of the moderators if you have questions.

Super glad to hear that y'all are happy! Hope to see you out on the road when I come up through your area this summer.

Exactly correct- in fact, I was fixing to PM you (Mad Daddy and Mad Momma) that I (or any moderator) would be more than happy to help post your updates as they progressed. You just beat me to the punch with this thread and your happy ending.

Again Doug, I never said that FR did anything. My words were, someone has control of the site.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:39 PM   #70
Always Learning

Quote:
Again Doug, I never said that FR did anything. My words were, someone has control of the site.
I understood that- I just wanted to affirm what Bob said and let you know where the decision came from (the moderation team). Didn't mean to imply otherwise or cause any unrest.

No worries, mate. Let's not worry about the minutia of this stuff- you're a happy camper and that's what is important!
Old 03-04-2014, 09:44 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
+1

Same for you Phil, read what I said before you attack me. I never accused FR of closing my forum. WOW
Old 03-04-2014, 09:48 PM   #72

I think the moderators need to look a little further, it's pretty easy to see how these threads can get out of control.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:54 PM   #73
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidney View Post
How was the situation resolved?

Repair original unit?

Replaced with a new unit?

Refund?
x2 after all the heat that would be nice to know.

Zelda the campin dog
Old 03-04-2014, 09:56 PM   #74

I and others thought that you did. I will take you at your word. It is very difficult to get clear communication in a thread. I except that and we are good. Thanks for clearing this up. I for one wish that the other thread would have been more positive and am sorry that it went south and negative. I also wish that I would have ignored it as I extend to do with the rest if this one. I'm happy that it was made right for you and also hope to see you some time at a campground. I'll have the beer(if you drink beer no insult intended) and we can talk sports or politics and religion you know something safe LOL

Old 03-04-2014, 10:03 PM   #75

Quote:
I think the moderators need to look a little further, it's pretty easy to see how these threads can get out of control.
Sure is easy to see, and for them to actually get out of control.

The moderators here to a FANTASTIC job and volunteer their personal time to help all of us out by doing what they do (they are our forum "gardeners".) Unfortunately they cannot read every thread that takes place here so they depend on ALL OF US as a community to keep things moving forward properly.

Before this one gets out of hand as well, let us all remember that the intent of your post here was to keep everyone informed of your satisfaction with the outcome! Happy Camping (i sure do hope this snow in the Midwest melts soon! )
Old 03-04-2014, 10:06 PM   #76
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCCowboy View Post
Before this one gets out of hand as well, let us all remember that the intent of your post here was to keep everyone informed of your satisfaction with the outcome! Happy Camping (hope this snow in the Midwest melts soon! )
Agreed- let's bring the thread back on track, y'all. This is a celebration for the Op and his wife (heck and whole family!).

It's been a long, long winter- I'm ready for some SPRING!
Old 03-04-2014, 10:09 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCCowboy View Post
Sure is easy to see, and for them to actually get out of control.

The moderators here do a FANTASTIC job and volunteer their personal time to help all of us out by doing what they do (they are our forum "gardeners".) Unfortunately they cannot read every thread that takes place here so they depend on ALL OF US as a community to keep things moving forward properly.

Before this one gets out of hand as well, let us all remember that the intent of your post here was to keep everyone informed of your satisfaction with the outcome! Happy Camping (hope this snow in the Midwest melts soon! )

Can't agree more with you. I am ready to have some fun and help anyone that I can.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:23 PM   #78

Perfect timing !!!!!!

Let's all play sweetly, or at least save venom for pm's
Old 03-04-2014, 10:28 PM   #79
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dleighb View Post
Let's all play sweetly, or at least save venom for pm's
Actually if you read the rules you shouldn't attack someone via pm either.

TURBS
Sabre owners united!
Old 03-04-2014, 10:31 PM   #80

Is it a condition of your settlement with FR and the dealer you do not post the resolution on this forum?
Closed Thread