Old 07-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #1

Smile Picking up our Columbus 365 in the morning

I hope I can sleep tonight. We have been waiting for what seems like an eternity for it to come in. It was delivered to the dealership on July 3rd and I was really wanting to pick it up on the 4th. It is better that they have today to to the incoming inspection and install the stackable washer/dryer. We almost cancelled our reservations for this weekend thinking we would not get it. It came of the line on June 13th and was 10 days shy of a month to deliver it.

Randall Mason

Old 07-05-2012, 03:20 PM   #2

Hope you enjoy your new Columbus.
It is a really nice rig.

Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:51 AM   #3

Congrats to another Columbus Owner.............. We LOVE LOVE ours!! a few kinks and quirks to work out but it is fabulous!!! Check out the FB page for Columbus owners if you would like............ Any questions............ feel free to ask!

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:01 PM   #4

Well as it was I couldn't sleep and was up at 1:30 and stayed up all day. Went to the dealer and went through the walk through. They installed the wrong adapter, I have B&W hidden hitch. I priced the companion and they installed (welded) a goose neck adapter. They changed it out after the walk through. The A/C in the living room was loud and standing in the kitchen it sounded like a helicopter. I was told all Dometic A/C's are loud. The one in the bedroom was not as loud as the one in the living room. Went in to sign the paperwork and when he got to the extended warranty I said yes I want the extra year of the manufactor's warranty for $150 and he said what's that? I told him that FR called me on our last RV and said they offered an extended warranty for $150. He left the room and came back with the paperwork for me to fill out and mail in. He said they don't handle that, guess not if you don't make a dime on it. When I didn't buy his 5 year warranty that would only be good for 3 after the manufactor warranty he was not the same. Left with the camper drove home, loaded it up and headed for the camp ground.
Set up in the rain which was nice with the 6 way leveling system. Went back to the house to get my wife after she got off work and headed back for the weekend. I spent about 3 hours trying to get my auto satellite to set up and finally brought the cable through the door and straight into the back of the receiver and it set up right away. I plugged it back into the plug on the outside that said "Satellite" and went back inside. Nothing working again. from the receiver to the wall plug I moved the cable from Satellite in to Cable and it all worked. Well that won't happen again it is set up now.
My wife is real happy with the new Columbus. Nit picky things are the loud A/C's and the bike rack which I intend to mount a generator on for tailgaiting this football season will not lock down on one side. It was not put on properly and the holes don't line up. So far that is all I have found wrong. Can't wait until Labor day holiday when we will have a whole week in the Columbus.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	loading up.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	16258  
Old 07-08-2012, 08:04 PM   #5

Columbus FB page name?
Old 07-08-2012, 08:04 PM   #6

Beautiful!!!!!

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD