Old 10-18-2012, 08:18 PM   #11
Thats great news to hear, I'm going to the factory next week to see the start of my 365RL being built. I feel much better knowing that Palomino is listening.
I hope to take delivery around the middle of November, than have it sent down to Florida for the winter. Keep us informed to your progress.

WRROST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #12
Site Team

Congrats on picking up your trailer - have fun camping!

Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:14 PM   #13
There's a season in MN?

Originally Posted by joelek View Post
Enjoy it. Love mine but season is done for MN campers.
We full time up in the Range. Season's just beginning now that all the "recreational" RV users have bugged out! So OK, I need some reassurance here. I just bought a 2013 385BH trading in a rock solid Itasca Sunova 35J we've lived in for years with our dog and 3 kids. We take delivery of this new 5th Wheel thingy on Tuesday (10/23), reading all these posts, I'm feeling like I'm making a HUGE mistake. Are the 385s all Ps-OS?
GypsyFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:30 AM   #14
Drink, I'm really happy to hear the good news of few issues with your unit. We are anxiously awaiting to hear from the dealer that ours has arrived. I hope you are enjoying the new baby. Please post if other issues arrise as this helps all of us to know what to look for when receiving our units. Thanks again for posting!! Happy Camping to you and yours!!!
ZanMan4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #15
Drink that's good to hear no major problems, dealer called and said that ours would be in on Monday. We saw the new radio at the Hersey show and they told us about the screen door how does it look??
hd riders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #16
This post can be very disturbing when you have invested what is a lot of money to most people. The truth is, you can get a lemon in anything you buy, you just have to hope you dont. I am going to go through with my order and hope for the best. If I do happen to get a lemon, they will take it back and I will deal with it then. There is protection for the consumer if you need it. Good luck to everyone, I hope no one gets that bad one!!!
Dave and Kim
Charlie and Ripken (4 Leggers)
2012 GMC Sierra Denali 2500 6.6L Diesel
2013 Columbus 320RS
Times camping in 2013 - 5
Sporoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:15 PM   #17
This unit is awesome! No one should hesitate on ordering a Columbus product. Please don't take anything we've posted as be negitive we're just making everyone aware of the changes and little issue.

At hd riders; the screen door is great. it's black and matches very well. the only issue is the door no longer has the day/night shade on the glass. We're going check with the factory and see if we can order one.
Paul & Beth
Sandusky, Ohio
2013 Columbus 320RS
2009 Silverado 2500HD
drinkh20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #18
I wonder what's considered a lemon in the RV world? We will be taking our 7 mo old Sabre in for a fairly long list of warranty issues after our final trip of the season next weekend.

What we have is a pretty long list of little things, none of which prevented us from camping, but stull annoying and causing us to question if we bought the right brand. Here are some examples:
  • Split cabinet door
  • Kitchen counter damage
  • Damages air bed (large leak)
  • Hole in Awning
  • Damaged linoleum
  • loose heating ductwork
  • Missing LP gas bracket
  • Dented Exhaust hood.
  • Split chair leg
  • Loose trim below TV
  • Intermitent leak below shower (That will be a tough one to find & fix)
  • Damaged foot rest on one recliner and torn head rest on the other
  • ...& several more
Some of these were found during the PDI and some have already been fixed... but it seems like we find a few more item every time we take it out.

So far we've gotten great support from our dealer and from FR and we love the floor plan...but... we are a little disappointed with all of this small stuff. It makes it a little diffilcut to recommend the brand to others and my wife has started to use the L(emon) word. Are we being to particular??
Cathy & Jeff
Midland, Michigan
2013 Sabre 32RCTS / 2012 Ram2500 Hemi
Nights Camped: 2015-140; 2016-137 YTD; 160 Planned
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:49 PM   #19
I don't believe you enjoy lemon law protections on a trailer. The only protection you have it to go over it very carefully and get all repairs before you sign.
crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:26 PM   #20
Love our 320RS........ season for us will be done after the first weekend in November.......
will be a long winter!!!

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote