Old 02-16-2014, 09:40 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYE View Post
Yep, that looks like the ones posted on our Columbus Owners Group!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forest River Forums mobile app

Do you know what the out come was? Are you talking about the owners group on Facebook?

Old 02-18-2014, 02:01 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCG 4 LIFE View Post
Why would you say that, seems to me if one has problems they all should have. My dealer did say since there's 5 slides there more to go wrong.
It's not just your model unfortunately, it is spread across the product line in all of the models. The major cause that I can see thus far is the over torquing of the screws that bind the floor to the walls.

I had a 320RS that about half of the screws holding the side walls of the slides to the floors had been over torqued and stripped.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:06 AM   #13

Look for the phrase 385BH and red headed stepchild in previous postings. The 385BH has been problematic for Columbus although there are many good ones out there too. The big bunkhouse model has more slides, 2 bathrooms, more stuff to go wrong so you are correct. You have a 1 year bumper to bumper warranty - use it wisely!

The red headed step child comment below. A guy trying to live out of his in harsh MN winter a few years ago. Complete failure!
Northern MN in 385BH Full Time!
Old 02-18-2014, 10:59 AM   #14

For the Columbus factory, it is all about manufacturing and profit. Parts and service for them is an inconvenience. When you are selling as many as you can crank out, why worry?
When we bought our early production 320RS, we could not believe what we were getting for the money…too go to be true? For some yes, others were more fortunate. Regardless, the factory continues to turn out lemons, more frequently that what is sustainable.
Factory support, lack thereof, was the tipping point in our trading for a Trilogy.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:42 PM   #15

Ah, Dynamax Trilogy after it got bought out by Forest River a couple years ago just turned into an even more expensive Forest River product and the typical issues that go with it. Most of what I read is lack of dealer support, not factory support. In any case, happy reading - here is the Trilogy section. Dynamax DynaAire and Trilogy - Forest River Forums
Old 02-18-2014, 09:08 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammySabre View Post
Ah, Dynamax Trilogy after it got bought out by Forest River a couple years ago just turned into an even more expensive Forest River product and the typical issues that go with it. Most of what I read is lack of dealer support, not factory support. In any case, happy reading - here is the Trilogy section. Dynamax DynaAire and Trilogy - Forest River Forums
Member since November 2013...you may want to "read" a little further back if your conclusion is that dealer support is the primary issue.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:23 AM   #17

Dealer support WAS a primary issue. I trust by now, they got over it. Columbus went through the same problems in late 2012 and part of 2013. Now Columbus is letting some incompetent and underperforming dealers go. SammySabre may be newish on FRF, but believe me, this ain't my first rodeo.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:33 AM   #18

Quote:
Dealer support WAS a primary issue. I trust by now, they got over it. Columbus went through the same problems in late 2012 and part of 2013. Now Columbus is letting some incompetent and underperforming dealers go. SammySabre may be newish on FRF, but believe me, this ain't my first rodeo.
OK, now validate...which dealers were let go and how were those selections made? Information source? If this anything like your knowledge of Dynamax/Trilogy, you lack credibility. After FR purchased them, the product line was actually expanaded to include a lower cost Touring model. Prior to the purchase, they were always very high priced. It is always better to know what you are talkng about rather than just having something to say.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:46 AM   #19

Columbus dealer in Temecula, CA got dropped recently. I know Ross the Columbus factory rep and have talked with him at RV show in Minneapolis a couple weeks ago. There is you validation. But you are correct, I know little about Trilogy but if you are happy with yours, I'm happy for you.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:08 AM   #20

Quote:
Columbus dealer in Temecula, CA got dropped recently. I know Ross the Columbus factory rep and have talked with him at RV show in Minneapolis a couple weeks ago. There is you validation. But you are correct, I know little about Trilogy but if you are happy with yours, I'm happy for you.
You talked to one side and accepted it as fact? Could the truth be the dealer has dropped Columbus do to repeatedly being caught in the middle of issues like USCG is experiencing?