Old 12-17-2011, 09:12 AM   #11
Del

Well it is Saturday. No Fifth wheel. Talked to the dealer, he said he talked to Gary face to face on Thursday (or Wednesday). We’ll be getting it back Tuesday. Only four days late on the last promise.

Wow a simple phone call on status would have done wonders toward credibility instead of me figuring it out.

Technical Scuba Diving and Photography
15 years ex-military, Still enjoy the outdoors but not sleeping on the ground.
Del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 06:29 PM   #12
Del

Well, no call and tomorrow it will three weeks since Gary promised me I would have it in two weeks. Another broken promise. I guess he doesn't have much honor or pride in his name. Gary also told the dealer it will be done last Monday and they would have it on Tuesday. I didn’t see at the dealer on my way home today. Lets see I think, this is week 16 since the start, week 11-12 since dropped off are unit, of the 3-4 weeks I was told......

Merry Chirstmas all.......seeing my family room is full of fifth stuff, we couldn't host either side of the family this year. Thanks Sabre, Gary and all who are working to fix the problem.....

Sad very sad.....

Old 12-23-2011, 05:04 PM   #13
Del

Yeah, fifth wheel almost home. The dealer is closed until Jan 15th, so I'm meeting them there and they are delivering it to my home.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:29 PM   #14
Del

They dropped it off at the house. 1/2 mile at the most from the dealer. Then the driver said they promised him $20 extra from me. Wait I never agreed to that.

But now I have my fifth wheel and no keys to get into it. The driver said he was never given any keys. The door is dead bolted shut, so now who has the keys????? Dealer is closed for the next three weeks also.....

We can not check out what it looks like on the inside.
Guess my family room is going to get cleaned out.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:47 PM   #15
Site Team

Sorry that you are going throught this. I take it that you don't have a second set of keys that you can use.

I ordered extra keys from the service department so I can keep an backup set hidden in the truck in case I lose my keys while camping.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 02:52 PM   #16
Del

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
Sorry that you are going throught this. I take it that you don't have a second set of keys that you can use.

I ordered extra keys from the service department so I can keep an backup set hidden in the truck in case I lose my keys while camping.
we can not remember if we dropped off both set of keys. We can not find the second set and it was 12-13 weeks ago.

Del
Old 12-24-2011, 02:58 PM   #17
Del

My dealer is closed until 16th of Jan, so Gary had them deliver the unit to my home (Yeah). Only 1/4-1/2 mile from the dealer. But, the door lock looks new (almost no scratches around the key hole). But, no keys were delivered, I'm assuming my keys are at the dealer. I'm not sure if my keys will work if I can get them with in the next three weeks as the locks look new.

Also during the walk around this morning (in day light), we found a few windows partially open. These are the ones the "screw shut/open". We can open them about a 1/2inch. Until I get a set of keys, I can not fully close them to keep the weather fully out.

I installed a flip open cover on the 4" bumper. You can see where it is broken off.

We pressed down some of the decals already peeling off

The roof has a lot of ripples along the sides.

Since we can not get into the unit, I can not speak about how it looks.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:34 AM   #18
Del

Ok, As I drove by the dealer yesterday, I noticed the gate open halfway. So I drove in. walked around the building, following footprints in the slush. The service crew was in. I saw Steve and he came over. He gave me both sets of keys. I told him the locks looked new. Steve asked if the driver told me where they put the keys. Ahhhh No. He told me if my keys didn't work where I come find the new set. They were there. yeahhhhhhh. We went through the unit find only one minor thing. Looks as if something rubbed a piece of trim.

Gary called about an hour after we found the keys, to tell us where we could find them. Gary also varified that the driver tried to scam us out of $20. I personally believe the drive knew where the keys were, but since I didn't pay him $20, he lied.
I told gary about the small things we found and he said he would ship the parts. Small simple things. We also, found other items were corrected. Things we didn't say anything about. The wife is happy, so now I'm happy with out 75% new fifth. (25% 2009, 75% 2012)
Old 12-28-2011, 08:48 AM   #19

Glad they finally made it right with you. Took a whole lot longer then it should have though. Seems to me better communication on their part would have helped a bunch in this situation.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:58 PM   #20
Here to Help

I agree that sometimes communication doesn't meet or exceed a customer's expectations. And in most cases posted here we could have done better. But it's a little discouraging when you see 5-10 post on all the things we did wrong and only a short sentence about how the factory fixed items above and beyond what the customer found. But that's life, Right!

I will continue to fight the good fight!