Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #1

Preparing for the new arrival

Our 2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6 is scheduled to come off line in a little more than a week just shy of 6 weeks . ...And we preparing for it's arrival.

Our current experience is with a 25 ft TT with no slides and...
because of the triple slides and of its larger size we decided to invest in the yellow lego type levelers from CW.

They arrived yesterday and the first thing i noticed was that, even though I bought 2 sets, there aren't really enough of them to build anything really neat. The second thing was that I'm not really sure how best to use them, especialy if I need like3 rows.

So whats the best/safest procedure??
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:08 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimchaSabre View Post
Our 2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6 is scheduled to come off line in a little more than a week just shy of 6 weeks . ...And we preparing for it's arrival.

Our current experience is with a 25 ft TT with no slides and...
because of the triple slides and of its larger size we decided to invest in the yellow lego type levelers from CW.

They arrived yesterday and the first thing i noticed was that, even though I bought 2 sets, there aren't really enough of them to build anything really neat. The second thing was that I'm not really sure how best to use them, especialy if I need like3 rows.

So whats the best/safest procedure??
Unless you plan on camping on the side of a mountain, you probably won't need a "stack" of more than two at a time and mostly only one, under each wheel on the "low" side. You don't need to build an angled ramp to the top level. Just get your trailer to within a foot of where you want it to end up, place one Lego levelor directly in front or behind each wheel (assuming you have tandems) and then move the trailer up onto each levelor. You can do this even with "2 high". Stop when the wheel(s) are centered on the levelor block(s). Most trailers will have sufficient space between the wheels to do this.

...VTX-Al
VTX Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:20 PM   #3

leveling blocks

I also have two sets of "LEGO" style blocks. I have never needed all of them to level my rig. I also use them under my rear jacks and sometimes under the picnic table legs. I like that they are light weight, and clean up easy. Enjoy the new rig and good luck
fireman1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:55 PM   #4

Congrats on the new Sabre...we love ours!

We use them under the tires, rear jacks and king pin stabilizer.

We started with two sets of CW blocks which worked fine. We bought another set when we added the king pin stabilizer. We don't always use them, but good to have, just in case.
dleitermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:26 PM   #5

I appreciate all the comments and thanks. We do alot of Michigan State park camping and in fact we have a trip planned for the last weekend of the month to a campground with most non level sites. Last time we were there we needed about 3" to achive level so I figured if that was the worst case, then I'd need 6 per axle. So we just wanted to be prepared

Also, with the TT, we were a little more tolerant of being less then absolute level, but I'm thinking that with the slides, we need to be more critical of that.

I know it makes good sense to position the rig on the most level area but that is sometimes hard to do on a smallish SP site where you are trying avoid trees and keep the fire pit a safe distance.
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:20 PM   #6

Yep - Michigan State Parks - in fact Algonac was one of the worst and it was paved.

The back of the asphalt pad was way higher than the front. Couldn't use our king pin stabilizer at all; even with three sets of levelers.
dleitermann is offline   Reply With Quote