Problems With 2014 317 BHSK
Hi everyone, we are new to this forum and we just joined to see if anyone else is having problems with the 317 BHSK similar to what we are experiencing. A little background - we purchased our 2014 317 BHSK in August 2013 and have been enjoying it for almost a full year now. We don't tow our trailer, it remains on a site at a trailer park.
The first night we had our trailer we experienced a leak from the front outdoor storage compartment which resulted in a puddle on the floor beside the bed. The dealership quickly responded and replaced the seal and we have had no problems with that since.
This season however, we have had numerous problems with the trailer.
1. The water heater was not functioning properly (this has been fixed under warranty)
2. One of the speakers over the sofa was not working (has been fixed under warranty after waiting for a new speaker to be sent by the manufacturer)
3. Some of the windows were not fully sealed on the outside (has been fixed under warranty)
4. The black mesh covering the underside of the front slide out was falling off (has been fixed under warranty)
5. Trim was falling off in the back bedroom and the dinette / living room area (has been fixed under warranty)
6. The closet/pantry door is warped (bowed) - this has been inspected and documented by the dealer and we are currently waiting for a new door to be sent by the manufacturer and installed by the dealer under warranty
7. Numerous cupboard doors have defective clasps - the dealer has inspected these and we are waiting for these to be replaced (dishes actually fell out of the cupboard over the sink and smashed - the trailer has not been moved since it was set up by the dealer on our site last year and the vibration from the air conditioner was the only thing causing any movement in the trailer at the time it happended as we were outside sitting on our deck)
The problems noted above were relatively minor flaws, but this weekend we noticed some major problems. We arrived at the trailer on Friday night following yet another rain storm and noticed that both of our slide outs have water damage at the bottom on the right side (the side that faces the front of the trailer) but the left sides are fine on both slide outs (we have pictures and will try to post them tonight). The bottom of the trim is wrecked and has expanded and pulled away. The carpet was wet in those areas but a thorough inspection did not find any other wet spots on the walls, trim, or carpets. We have also noticed a mold/mildew smell in the cupboard under the kitchen sink - we first noticed the smell a few weeks ago and have been cheking for leaks but have not been able to find any. We put a damp tramp under the sink last weekend when we closed up and there was water in it when we returned this weekend.
We will be contacting the dealer in the morning (unfortunately they have been closed for the long weekend and cannot be reached until tomorrow) as our manufacturer warranty expires in a week. We just wanted to know if others are having the same problems that we are experiencing (especially in regards to the leaks) as the dealer we purchased from has not been the best to deal with this year and we have really had to push to get them to come out and do the work. We are just really concerned with potential water damage in the walls that we can't see and want to make sure it is repaired correctly. If anyone has had this problem with leaks, did FR take the trailer back and make the repairs at the factory? We're just not sure how that works especially since we are in Canada and FR is in the US.