Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2012, 04:25 PM   #1

pulsating brakes

i have a 2012 puma 25rs.i use a voyager brake controller.when ever i come to a stop i get a pulsating brake sensation.only does it when trailer is hooked up.otherwise brakes feel fine.any ideas?
dougwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:42 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

Pulsating brakes usually indicate warped drums on a trailer or rotors on disc brakes. If you are handy, I would jack up the trailer, set jack stand and remove each wheel and spin the drum and look for runout. Would probably be a good thing to take it to a reputable dealer and have all 4 drums removed and turned. As soon as the tech. gets the drum on a machine, they will be able to tell whether they can turn the drum or if it will have to be replaced.

Another possibility is that one or more wires on the brake magnets are loose and are activating and releasing. Inspect for loose connections first and if any are suspect, I would cut, solder and install shrink tubing over the connection.

Tags
brakes