Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2013, 02:41 PM   #1

Puma 253-FBS

I'm looking for a smaller fifth wheel to replace a travel trailer and the Puma 253-FBS (27 feet, under 7000lbs dry wgt) seems like a good candidate. I'd appreciate any comments from current owners regarding their experiences with this unit.
Jeff L
Jeff 1429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:00 PM   #2

Can't comment on the specific model, but I have a 30DBSS and my inlaws have a 27RBSS and we've been very pleased with ours. I wouldn't hesitate to go with a Puma again. I've been in every nook and cranny of ours and I haven't found anything yet that didn't seem well made. We got ours from Kelly Tussing at RVWholesalers and highly recommend giving him a call.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:01 PM   #3

Thanks Dustman! I appreciate the vote of confidence in Puma. I'm in south central PA and see that Kelly's in Indiana...a bit of the trip! I'll keep checking the forum.
jeff
Old 09-16-2013, 04:34 PM   #4

We got our 2013 253-FBS in July of 2012, and have spent about 14 weeks traveling in it. So far, we not had to take it in for any repairs. The biggest single problem that occurred was the rails for the drawers were not installed properly, and kept falling off. I was able to fix them myself, without much trouble

Except for one feature, we are extremely pleased with it. The one annoying feature, is that without opening the slide, you can't access the fridge, or the bathroom, or the bedroom. We knew that before we bought, but it is more inconvenient that we thought it would be.

Joel
Great Horned Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:56 AM   #5

Joel:
Our RV use is usually 3 to 4 weeks a year, so you've lived with the 253 and your comments mean a lot. Thank you!
jeff
Old 09-17-2013, 07:49 AM   #6

Jeff,

I live in Texas and had mine delivered- quite a bit farther than you are from Ohio!! I was hesitant at first to buy a camper without being there to see it, but everything has gone smoothly on every transaction with RVW. The few minor issues, such as a bent stabilizer jack on my in laws when it was delivered, have been promptly taken care of. For example, RVW sent 2 replacement BAL stab jacks when only 1 was damaged, and included a set of leveling blocks for the trouble. And all we asked for was a single replacement. Hard to beat service like that. I was able to save several thousand dollars even after paying for delivery. BTW, we've spent ~120 nights in ours since Fall 2011.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:43 AM   #7

Dustman:
Again, thanks for your comments!! There are a couple of Puma dealers in central PA and I will contact them to see if they can locate a 253 for my wife and I to look at. We've looked at pictures on the web but we really want to see the actual unit.
jeff

Tags
puma