Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2012, 12:38 PM   #1

Cool Puma 25rs dvd/cd/radio problem

Purchased 2012 puma 25rs last october. Used it once and everything worked fine. Put it in storage til last monday. Used it this last weekend. All worked fine except entertainment center. It would not power up. Has anyone else had problems with genesis gt 2.0 system?
dougwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:10 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

have you checked the fuse in the distribution center ?
is the clock light on ?
if fuse is ok and the clock light is on try pulling fuse for radio and reinstalling .
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:53 PM   #3

Yes i checked the fuse in the distribution center. Also pulled unit out of cabinet and checked in line fuse in red power wire. Checked voltage at red and black ground wire. It was 12.9volts. Nothing on face of unit lights up. I'm assuming the unit is internally bad.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:56 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

sounds like a warranty issue .
Old 04-30-2012, 06:34 PM   #5

I've emailed both forest river and the rv dealer.i have not recieved any responses yet.i had a different problem previously with the dealer over some bent mini blinds the day we picked it up.the owner was not very agreeable about the warranty on the blinds.he took care of it but was not happy about it. To take it to the dealer is 40 miles away.quite inconvient to haul it there to replace the radio.having 2 problems after 2 uses is very disappointing.doesn't give me much faith in palamino/forest river products.thanks for your advice.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:38 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

If you call the factory and are willing to install it they will send you one.
but id call not email.

Also welcome to the rv world you'd be hard pressed to find any manufacture
That doesn't have little issues here and there.
I have to haul mine in tomorrow 40 miles to have awning fabric replaced and a propane leak fixed ive only had it since august.
Second time back for warranty work
Old 04-30-2012, 06:47 PM   #7

I figured i'd try email first.i'll call them at forest river tomorrow.i previously had a 2006 coachmen 24tbq we bought used 2 years ago.we were happy with it but it didn't have a sofa. We thought we would upgrade but are not so sure we did the right thing.i know it will get taken care of but not without some work and time spent.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:22 PM   #8

Thanks for your advice on calling forest river for replacement of the unit.i also called concertone.neither was very helpful nor eager to help in any way.both answered with "take it back to your dealer".forest river rep took the vin and said she would see what she could do.it's been a week and no response. She probably took the info and promptly put it in the porcelain file. So,last saturday my wife and i hauled it back to the dealer and left it.even though they figure the unit to be faulty they still can't look at it for at least 3 weeks.oh well.once they make the sale most dealers seem to be slow on action.now we sit and wait.

Tags
25rs