Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2018, 07:32 PM   #1

Puma 31BHSS A/C Not Working

Well first night in brand new Puma 31BHSS and A/C not working. Couldn’t be more frustrated. Sounds like compressor not kicking on. I’ve checked all connections I could see and nothing seems out of ordinary. Fan kicks when sliding thermostat temperature. Do not see and breakers or fuse issues. I ran my power to site next to us to see if getting dirty power. Any help is appreciated! It is an Airvex 48254c869
RAMMIN_TIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 12:25 AM   #2
Site Team

Did it work during the PDI/walkthrough?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 06:51 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Did it work during the PDI/walkthrough?

I thought it was but when we took delivery it was cold out. I know the fan obviously came on but now not sure the compressor was. I have all my tools except left meter at home. Almost seems like a control board issue but not sure how to get it out of there.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:02 AM   #4

are you sure you have to AC "ON" and not just "Fan only"?
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 07:08 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
are you sure you have to AC "ON" and not just "Fan only"?

Yes I’ve tripled check all that. When it is selected on AC and I slide temperature to say 85 it cuts off. Then when I slide back to 70 it will not come on until the compressor duty cycle time delay occurs. At this point I think it’s the control board or wiring from it to compressor. [emoji35]
Old 04-02-2018, 07:13 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMMIN_TIME View Post
Yes I’ve tripled check all that. When it is selected on AC and I slide temperature to say 85 it cuts off. Then when I slide back to 70 it will not come on until the compressor duty cycle time delay occurs. At this point I think it’s the control board or wiring from it to compressor. [emoji35]
So after the time delay does it come on fan only?
Old 04-02-2018, 07:19 AM   #7

Quote:
So after the time delay does it come on fan only?

Yes. There’s never seems to be a time when compressor even try’s to come on.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:26 AM   #8

Quote:
Yes. There’s never seems to be a time when compressor even try’s to come on.
Probably easier to just call a local AC service shop than talking it back to the dealer. Sounds like another miswired t-stat. There is a built-in time delay once you have shut it off by sliding the temp up. 5-10 min. If the fan comes back on the comp should also. May have a compressor wire off the t-stat. Or on a wrong screw.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:32 AM   #9

Quote:
Probably easier to just call a local AC service shop than talking it back to the dealer. Sounds like another miswired t-stat. There is a built-in time delay once you have shut it off by sliding the temp up. 5-10 min. If the fan comes back on the comp should also. May have a compressor wire off the t-stat. Or on a wrong screw.

Cavie thanks for your help. Has this been an ongoing issue? It’s funny you mentioned incorrect wiring, I installed the Furrion observation camera in the prewired mounting bracket. It was miswired and I had to switch the two wires.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:36 AM   #10

Quote:
Cavie thanks for your help. Has this been an ongoing issue? It’s funny you mentioned incorrect wiring, I installed the Furrion observation camera in the prewired mounting bracket. It was miswired and I had to switch the two wires.
Not ongoing issue that I know of. Just one last week. His compressor was running with the furnace on. Hot and cold air.
Old 04-02-2018, 01:25 PM   #11

Well the compressor was shot only drawing 3 amps so no pressure. R.V. Roadway in Calera, AL had us out in 2.5 hrs. Did not have one in stock so pulled one off a new unit! Good to go now!
Old 04-02-2018, 01:33 PM   #12

That's awesome. Especially pulling one of a new unit. Was that your purchasing dealer?
Old 04-02-2018, 01:35 PM   #13

No we purchased in Kentucky. They initially were not going to then Service Manager trump them. Great customer service
Old 04-02-2018, 10:27 PM   #14

Quote:
Well the compressor was shot only drawing 3 amps so no pressure. R.V. Roadway in Calera, AL had us out in 2.5 hrs. Did not have one in stock so pulled one off a new unit! Good to go now!
These are the types of RV dealers/repair shops we should all be trying to support if we are in the same area that they are located. Hats off to the Service Manager.
card16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 06:44 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by card16 View Post
These are the types of RV dealers/repair shops we should all be trying to support if we are in the same area that they are located. Hats off to the Service Manager.

That’s for sure, and of course they were busy already but they dropped everything to take this on.

Tags
puma