Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2014, 08:34 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
MarcusN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Adrian, MI
Posts: 111
I have & use the Intelli jacks and after you set up disconnect & level on a flat level surface that is stored in a memory so if you are on an unlevel site it makes the unit level based on the setup originally. Have had know problem with them at all. Check out their website RV Leveling Systems for a 5th Wheel RV Trailer or Hitch | IntelliJacks (formerly LevelEase) and read all about them & you will see how simple the concept & execution is. They allow you to do some of the other various tasks that are necessary to set up or break camp while the jacks are doing the selected tasks.
As for TURBS comment, I never unpin the landing gear to get them close to contact as I now push & release a button and the extend and once one contacts they will adjust until both contact and have equal pressure.
__________________

__________________
Mark & Barb
2013 8289WS Platinum Pkg
2008 F350 King Ranch CC 6.4
2013 nights camped 35
MarcusN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:26 PM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusN View Post
As for TURBS comment, I never unpin the landing gear to get them close to contact as I now push & release a button and the extend and once one contacts they will adjust until both contact and have equal pressure.
Yeah I don't think so.

Here's the problem
Both Jacks do not operate separately so there's no way for the fronts to "self level"

The rear electric Jacks yes.

If one jack hits two inches before the other it lifts that side of the trailer and pushes the other side down, thus putting your frame in a bind
You do how you see fit but I don't think it's right.

TURBS

"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:34 PM   #13
Oklahoma Proud
 
MillerTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: central OK
Posts: 2,774
X2 on how turbs does it.

On my new Sabre, I have a remote so I can do other stuff or have the DW or the kids run the switch.
I even the legs when i drop my legs using pins or boards if needed.
__________________
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:10 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Iwannacamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,354
I am happy to hold that button. I am to lazy crank something. I am just glad they work.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
2017 Puma 297RLSS
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 diesel
Our new 5er 10-26-16
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:09 AM   #15
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 21
I always run the landing gear out some, unpin and lower the bottom section of the landing gear to make sure the frame doesn't bind up. I am a stickler to the camper being level because I can tell if it isn't when I am in the camper. I am still trying to find the "happy" spot for how much of the landing gear to run out while minimizing the camper sway in the front and I know that could be an issue with the intellijacks. I am thinking about getting the BAL landing gear stabilizers to put on the front because I don't really want to have to carry a kingpin stabilizer around and I use the Andersen Ultimate to tow the fifth wheel which uses the adapter on the kingpin.

I am beginning to think that the button isn't so bad anymore and I think it will just become a job for one of the kiddos to stand there and hold the button - unless it is pouring rain then that is when hooking up a fifth wheel is nice to be able to stand under the pushover and hold that button down.


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
__________________
Boetim
Aurora, MO

2014 Puma 295BHSSOK
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins SRW with
Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection
Boetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 03:57 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
jtstromsburg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Stromsburg, Nebraska
Posts: 1,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Yeah I don't think so.

Here's the problem
Both Jacks do not operate separately so there's no way for the fronts to "self level"

The rear electric Jacks yes.

If one jack hits two inches before the other it lifts that side of the trailer and pushes the other side down, thus putting your frame in a bind
You do how you see fit but I don't think it's right.

TURBS

"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"


I think the only way it would work is if you were to have a dual motor landing gear? Then it would work as he says. I'm looking into this add-on as it would help a lot. My driveway is sloped enough that I spend 3-4 minutes each way holding a button...not the end of the world at all, but if I could just press one button and walk away to hook up power etc, that would be great! Interesting thing I just read is that intellijacks is having a spat with crossroads(or whomever they are standard on) and may not be in business much longer? When I went to their site, and hit the buy it now button, it just goes back to their home screen. Interesting mod to consider though.

Joel
__________________
Joel and Teresa
2016 Sabre 34TBOK
2006 GMC 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 03:59 PM   #17
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstromsburg View Post
I think the only way it would work is if you were to have a dual motor landing gear? Then it would work as he says. I'm looking into this add-on as it would help a lot. My driveway is sloped enough that I spend 3-4 minutes each way holding a button...not the end of the world at all, but if I could just press one button and walk away to hook up power etc, that would be great! Interesting thing I just read is that intellijacks is having a spat with crossroads(or whomever they are standard on) and may not be in business much longer? When I went to their site, and hit the buy it now button, it just goes back to their home screen. Interesting mod to consider though.

Joel
Problem is then you'd need "two" switches lol one for each motor.

Only "true" way to do this would for it to be hydraulic landing gear
One motor
One pump
One switch


TURBS

"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 04:10 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
jtstromsburg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Stromsburg, Nebraska
Posts: 1,654
Only "true" way to do this would for it to be hydraulic landing gear
One motor
One pump
One switch


TURBS

"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"[/QUOTE]

I get ya, but according to their website, they have two inputs on their controller, and by adding the dual switch(which I don't think get's usedunless you back to a single motor) it runs both down and levels them at the same time? Not really sure how it works but would be interested to see it in action. I have one motor so would still need to make sure the legs are dropped first to close to the same height from the ground.
__________________
Joel and Teresa
2016 Sabre 34TBOK
2006 GMC 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 04:19 PM   #19
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Then all you would need is another left side jack and motor and install it on the right and remove the cross tube.

Unless a motor can be mounted on the right side jack. "Slave" side.

TURBS

"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
5th wheel, puma, upgrade, wheel

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 AM.