Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2014, 01:26 PM   #1

Puma

Anyone have a puma travel trailer out thre?
MarknMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:30 PM   #2

We have a sound system in ours with three sets of speakers. A is for the back bedroom/dinette area, b is for the front bedroom and c is for outside. When the kiddos go to bed we want to be able to cut off the speaker in the bunkhouse only (there are two on b) but have no idea how to achieve this. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 07-24-2014, 02:07 PM   #3

Check on the back of your receiver/amplifier to see if there is separate wiring going to the speakers in the bunkhouse and to the living room. If so you can insert another speaker selector switch in your receiver location to separate the living room speakers from the bunkhouse. So in usage you would still select A on the receiver and then select either bunkhouse or living room or both on using the newly installed switch. If the speakers have separate wiring you can use a 1.5v battery applying it to the wiring to determine which speaker wire you are dealing with. You will hear a popping sound when the battery voltage is applied to the speaker wire.
These switches can be gotten at stores like Radio Shack etc.
Nights camped in 2014 186
Nights camped in 2013 130
Enjoying the Good Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:48 PM   #4

Thanks so much.......
Old 08-18-2014, 08:47 PM   #5

We have this one, just picked it up! The speakers are A=LR speakers, B=BR speakers, and C=outside speakers. Have tested them out and all work great! DVD player plays through speakers also in stereo (tested with Unstoppable).

Have fun and I hope you like yours!
ChiefGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:52 AM   #6

BTW, your wiring needs reworking if it's not as described in my last post. Should be easy fix though, I believe there is an access panel to back of Genesis unit. The book (Genesis owners manual) shows the wiring in the back.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:40 AM   #7

We have a Puma, but are setup differently. The front bedroom and the rear bunkhouse each have on speaker on A. The center living/kitchen has 2 speaker on B. Outside is two speaker on C.
Fiver: '15 Puma 295BHSS Anniversary Edition
Past TV: '13 F150 HD Payload SCrew EB, '08 Tundra CrewMax 5.7L, '02 'Burb 5.3L, '97 Dakota 3.9L
Past Trailers: '09 Wildwood LE 27RB, '02 Palomino Yearling RL, '87 Jayco 1006dlx
campingwilliamsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:06 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by campingwilliamsons View Post
We have a Puma, but are setup differently. The front bedroom and the rear bunkhouse each have on speaker on A. The center living/kitchen has 2 speaker on B. Outside is two speaker on C.

Interesting, but at least you can shut off bedrooms and/or outdoor, and leave LR on. A & B are reversed from yours to mine, but basically the same.
Old 11-09-2014, 03:53 PM   #9

Quirky. I have a 253FBS. Couldn't find the TV button. Even ordered one off EBAY with the switch . Unhooked the cable to install it, a log and behold, there was the switch/button, directly behind the cable connector. If you didn't know it was there, you would swear you didn't have it. Love my Puma, and looking to out this weekend and many more thru the cold months. Winter is best enjoyed in my Puma, when I can get home when it gets too cold or miserable.
greyhumpy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
puma