Old 06-30-2019, 12:58 PM   #1
Lame *****

Puma owners thoughts

Fellow Puma owners ,

I am very noob with my Puma but consider myself a fairly seasoned camper.

How come the more I nit pick this thing the more I am happy with it? Even though it's particle board wood and it doesn't have all the new fangled RV stuff(glady so in my book) it really seems like a well built rig. Mine was clean with good quality cuts, wires all look routed well, running gear seems great, their caulking in the seams is amazing. I can go on but in a nut shell it's all good.

What am I missing? I am a very pessimistic person but also realistic with what I bought. This thing met and has exceeded my expectations.

Just interested in what other Puma owners have seen and feel about Puma.

Do you all think Puma being independent from corporate FR is helping. I've also heard that Puma factory 420 is a much slower pace than others and all their rigs are made in one plant. Unsure how true it is but whatever Puma is doing, to me, it seems they are doing it pretty dang good.

Yea I am cheerleading a bit.

Maggot

02 Chevy half ton
20 Puma 257RESS

Maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 02:43 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggot View Post

Do you all think Puma being independent from corporate FR is helping. I've also heard that Puma factory 420 is a much slower pace than others and all their rigs are made in one plant. Unsure how true it is but whatever Puma is doing, to me, it seems they are doing it pretty dang good.

Not sure what you mean since Forest River bought Palomino RV, in 2002, from Vanguard Industries. That's 17 years ago.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 07:42 AM   #3
Lame *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Not sure what you mean since Forest River bought Palomino RV, in 2002, from Vanguard Industries. That's 17 years ago.

I mean this. Directly from Palomino.

Palomino RV - Manufacturer of Quality RVs since 1968

www.palominorv.com/AboutUs.aspx

Palomino RV operates as a separate division of Forest River, Inc., and has grown from our humble beginnings in Minnesota to one of the top 5 RV manufacturers in North America with over 300 dealers representing, selling and servicing the Palomino Brand.
Old 07-02-2019, 06:51 AM   #4

My 2 cents. I did a lot of research before I bought my 255rks. In particular I was looking for problems with Puma in general and 255RKS specifically. They were hard to find. Due to some injuries I havenít been able to use our rig much, but the 4 day trip home from Cheyenne Camping Center was easy and comfortable. I think the simple design and lack of bells and whistles is probably a good thing. Also I am very pleased that the slide mechanism is not a Schwintek, as Iíve had trouble with those before.
Old 07-02-2019, 07:40 AM   #5

Puma owners thoughts

I love our Puma 27QBC. I myself like the wood and tin trailers vs the fiberglass. (Less work to keep looking good).

I think they have some great layouts. There were a few minor issues with mine from the factory but is very well built. With this last trip in New England and the terrible roads it is still in one piece.

My brother even has a Puma now.
5.7L Hemi, 3:73 Rear
Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 07:15 PM   #6
Lame *****

Good deal. I have my Puma pom poms.

It looks like we got a decent solid and simple product.

I too am a big fan of stick and tin. In the 5th wheel areana all I could find was Cherokee and Puma. I was looking today and the elephant in the room with initials CW had no new stick and tin 5s listed.

Maggot
02 Chevy half ton

20 Puma 257RESS
Old 07-02-2019, 08:31 PM   #7

We are happy with the two we have had. I kinda like the fact there is less stuff to tear up also. Do I miss some of the frills? Prolly, but with our desires these units are nice. We do good(so far) to get out once a month. Maybe someday. Congrats.
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 09:39 AM   #8

We have had our 2018 Puma TT just over 1 year now. We brought it in recently for a couple minor interior trim repairs, a small crack in kitchen sink and a bad outdoor speaker.
Overall, I am happy with all the systems and the construction. We loved the floor plan in ours. We looked at many other trailers and this was by far the best and the least money. We put on over 3000 miles in the last year and so far, so good.
I have to say, I am very impressed with the Grand Designs models I have seen.

Good Luck, Ron
Max Doubt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 09:59 AM   #9

We haven't used ours much (purchased new in April 2019) but thus far, have been very happy.
I think there are 2 reasons for the DW and myself being happy.

1. We previously camped in other campers and tents. I grew up camping in everything from tents to 40' 5-ers. Then back to tents, pop-ups, and now this unit (29QBSS). The new 29QBSS for us had the exact layout we wanted. No more stepping over each other every morning, and pulling beds in or out, worrying about changing, especially if we had guests staying with us, even though our PUP was a highwall, and had a restroom. The Puma had the exact floor plan we wanted, and was much cheaper than many others, that we though we were going to "settle" for, because it wasn't the layout we wanted for our family at this time.

2. My parents have had many brands. Currently they are in the Forest River family, and thus far, it's been their best built unit. Plus, our PUP was a Rockwood by Forest River, and we were comfortable with the build quality. My parents' recent other brands have had some pretty crappy built units. They were FR competitors.

GXPWeasel1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
puma