Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2015, 09:03 PM   #1

Puma research

I'm a newbie and I'm trying to do my homework before buying a 5th wheel. I want to pull my fishing boat which is 22' from ball to prop. I'm looking at a Puma 253 FBS. Any red flags or other model suggestions? I would like to keep my OAL under 70' I have a 2012 Ford F-350 4x4 Duelly with bags. I have only had a truck camper so this is all new to me. Thanks for any advise you can supply
Cdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:07 PM   #2

The 253 FBS is a great place to start if 5th trailer camping is new to you, our first camping experience was in a Palomino Puma. But more important is the dealer you buy it from. New or used you will need maintenence support. Either parts, service or warranty work will be in your future, so if buying from a private seller you still need to develop a rapport with a credible Forest River dealer, it will greatly enhance your camping experience. Read everything on the FRF and get familiar with the unit inside & out. Enjoy traveling to meet other campers and you'll soon find your favorite campfire. Go for it!

He who dies with the most tools, wins!
SilhouettePenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:17 PM   #3

We have had two Puma fifth wheels both great trailers with few to no issues.

Just me & it is not legal here in Virginia anyway but I do not recommend double / triple towing with any camper.

Good Luck

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
puma