Old 07-15-2018, 09:26 AM   #1

Puma TT Owners ???

Hello ! My wife and I are new RVers and new owners of a 2018 Puma 27RLSS. We looked at many brands, but this one had the floor plan we liked. A fireplace, a free standing dinette, recliners and a sofa/bed. I noticed some quality issues with all the trailers we looked at. It is a trailer, right ? So far all the systems seem to work fine. The 12v EverChill fridge is a little noisy but works great.
Anybody have any problems or suggestions in general. We are looking forward to retirement in a couple yrs. and hope to travel for a few months a year, at least. Thanks for any suggestions !

Max Doubt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 07:43 AM   #2

welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. Quality has been an issue that is ongoing.

2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 04:14 PM   #3

We purchased the 2017 RLSS a year ago. No problems at all! Several long distance trips and we love it.
2017 F150 3.5L Ecoboost 4x4
Jrtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 04:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrtexas View Post
We purchased the 2017 RLSS a year ago. No problems at all! Several long distance trips and we love it.
I bet there are thousands having the same experience as you Great!. We normally don't hear from them on the forum just the problems.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrtexas View Post
X2 - we love our 2017 27RLSS - have had about 50+ nights in the year and a half we've had it. Only issues were "operator error" - lol

Enjoy!
Old 08-02-2018, 04:57 PM   #6

We have a Puma BHSS the one area of concern we need to be aware of is the amount of plug load they put on TT nowadays. We have an AC unit, two refrigerators, 3 TVs, two microwaves, induction burner, and of course the lighting loads and a few other miscellaneous loads like the battery charger and electronics chargers. You need to think about what you are turning on and when because you can eat up those 30 amps real quick I wish i had bought a unit with a 50 amp service!
Dguzzetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 05:00 PM   #7

Is there an interior water filter on these units? Can’t find it on the in-laws 27rlss.
Mr Canoehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 07:19 PM   #8

There is no filters inside the units only the small screen filter on the hose connection you need to purchase an external inlet filter
Dguzzetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 09:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdelp View Post
X2 - we love our 2017 27RLSS - have had about 50+ nights in the year and a half we've had it. Only issues were "operator error" - lol

Enjoy!
I have made several operator errors myself. Every trip has been a learning experience. We love it so far !
Thanks, safe travels
Max Doubt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 03:25 AM   #10
Herschel

Puma TT Owners ???

Welcome, as well. My wife and I have a 2008 26RLSS. We bought it used in 2010 shortly after we retired. In those 8 years we have spent over one year total traveling around the country. Two long trips out west (we live in Florida) and several north to Michigan where one of our sons lived for several years. We thoroughly love our RV trips and try to do a nice long one every other year with shorter ones in between. We have become accustomed to the occasional need to have something aboard repaired. Replaced tires a couple of times. Have learned to invest in good ones and take good care of them. Generally, we use Camping World for repairs and system checks. Not cheap; that's for sure. But pretty wide spread and generally available when needed. Most campsites have mobile tech's that can come to your site if a repair is needed while on the road and you want to stay in the unit while repairs are being made. I don't want to alarm you talking about repairs. My sense is that TT's are sort of like boats in that respect. Stuff breaks and wears out. Bouncing down the road takes it toll, and, generally, the equipment they put in the trailers is not quite the level of quality you find in a home. Our A/C, refrigerator, stove, microwave, LP gas system have all been fine. We have replaced the hot water heater, the battery charger/converter, replaced part of the roof, patched a couple of leaks, patched a cracked galley holding tank, replaced the chairs and sofa with more comfortable ones, re-glued a thing or two, etc. But we have come to just accept the occasional expense as part of the price to pay to have your own mobile "cottage" to take with you on your trips and vacations. I do make a point to keep the house battery in my garage when not using the unit, and I keep it on a maintainer. I invested in an Optima, and it has held up well. Best of luck; enjoy the proverbial "learning curve". It is worth it.

Puma26RLSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
puma