Old 10-04-2014, 09:34 AM   #11
Oklahoma Proud

Heres a couple pics I found of the pumas. Ours is identical except for having the sabre logo instead of puma
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1412429626681.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	64077   Click image for larger version

Name:	1412429637216.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	64078  

Old 10-04-2014, 10:03 AM   #12

Ok,thanks. Wife is concerned the tri fold sofa in the bunkhouse will block the door when folded out. The sit and play doesn't look like it would.

Old 10-04-2014, 10:19 AM   #13
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokaw24 View Post
Ok,thanks. Wife is concerned the tri fold sofa in the bunkhouse will block the door when folded out. The sit and play doesn't look like it would.
Nope it doesn't.
I think it would really be tight in a single slide bunkhouse with a tri fold. I opened our living room couch out once just to see the style (it tri fold-never used) and it took up a bunch of the main areas room, it was king size though on width, but a little short.
Good luck on your decisions!! Its always fun camper building and ordering, best way to get exactly what you want and need! !!!
Old 10-04-2014, 02:02 PM   #14

I also use the non-slider companion hitch with my 6.75' bed. Never had a problem or anything close.
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 11:34 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstromsburg View Post
I also use the non-slider companion hitch with my 6.75' bed. Never had a problem or anything close.

If you have a newer Dodge, you need a slider for the tbok. Even though the box is the same length as GM and Ford, the distance from the hitch to the back of the cab is slightly shorter.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 10-05-2014, 02:35 AM   #16
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBergstrom View Post
If you have a newer Dodge, you need a slider for the tbok. Even though the box is the same length as GM and Ford, the distance from the hitch to the back of the cab is slightly shorter.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Yep your right.
I always forget about how short the dodges front bed space is. I had a guy I worked with that has a newer ram 2500, and he couldn't have a toolbox in the front of his bed when he used his hitch.
I have a cheby, and I have about 6" between my toolbox and the front part of my lower frame of my hitch (if I'm remembering correctly)
Old 10-05-2014, 08:24 AM   #17

2008 GMC 2500hd here. I think we are sure the 34tbok will be the one. Now the question is to buy local for $4k more or buy from RV wholesalers. This RV buying stuff is NOTHING like a car or truck!!
Old 10-05-2014, 08:57 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokaw24 View Post
2008 GMC 2500hd here. I think we are sure the 34tbok will be the one. Now the question is to buy local for $4k more or buy from RV wholesalers. This RV buying stuff is NOTHING like a car or truck!!
I would say buy local IF you have a relationship with the dealer and think you'll get great service after the sale. I was in a similar situation and bought from rvw saving $7K from my local dealers price. Spent $1000 driving to get it and hauling it home, camping along the way! I've had a warranty claim and they set up with a local shop to have the work done. I just finalized the apt and dropped it off.

jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote