Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-21-2016, 05:36 AM   #1

Question Questions on Puma 25RS

Hello,

I'm interested in a new to me 2014 Puma 25RS. I really like the floor plan, especially for a TT that doesn't have a slide.

As a general question, how has anyone who owns a Puma TT found the overall quality to be. Currently owning a TT now, a 2012 Skyline Koala 21CS, I know than none are 100% trouble free. But in general, have you found the Pumas to be quality units?

Going from the Koala, which is built using no wood, to the Puma which is made almost entirely of wood, are there any pit falls. Again, I know that constant guard against leaks must be maintained.

Another question concerns the floor decking. I know Jayco Jay Flights flooring is 5/8 inch plywood decking. I notice the decking for the 25RS is described as one piece, 24 foot 5/8" decking that has a manufacturers warranty of 25 years. This implies a manufactured decking rather than regular plywood. Does anyone know what this material is?

Now a question specifically for 25 RS owners. I've tried to read as many old posts on this board concerning the 25 RS as possible. For those of you who have had your 25 RS a number of years now, do you still like it?

Do you have an major pros and cons concerning the 25 RS?

I still really like my Skyline Koala 21CS, but I'd like to get a trailer that has a little more room in it. My 21CS only has a sofa and rather limited storage space. The 25 RS solves both of those problems. I know the Puma 25RS is 4 feet longer than my current 21CS.

I should have no problems pulling the larger Puma. My current TV is a 2014 F150 with the 3.5L Ecoboost. It's an XLT with the Max Tow and Heavy Duty Package, and has a CC of 2286#.

Thanks for any help.
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 04:37 AM   #2

Are there no 25 RS owners here now? Admittedly, a non slide model isn't as popular now, but I figured there might be some out there.

I am pretty sure what the manufactured decking with 25 year warranty is. It's either Dana-Span or the equivalent. It's an OSB product. Probably what's in the roof also.
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 05:00 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlee View Post
Are there no 25 RS owners here now? Admittedly, a non slide model isn't as popular now, but I figured there might be some out there.

I am pretty sure what the manufactured decking with 25 year warranty is. It's either Dana-Span or the equivalent. It's an OSB product. Probably what's in the roof also.

You might have a piece of decking after 25 years, I can guarantee without a doubt you will not still have a Puma 25RS or any other TT made recently after 25 years. You would be lucky to make 10 years.

Those claims are just marketing.. The 25 year warranty would cover the material only and not the labor to replace which would require totally disassembling the trailer and rebuilding it. Its the same as the 10 or 15 year roof warranties.......material only.

The roof is most likely true plywood, probably 8mm. More like 5/16" which the RV industry loves to claim as 3/8".
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
25rs, puma