Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #21
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Hudsonville, MI
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by syencer View Post
Tell me about it. I looked at midway but we bought from Tradewinds outside of Flint because it was closer to home. Now I am trying to find a new place to get my service done because I am not happy with the service so far. It hit 60 here today and most of the snow is now gone!!! As soon as I get mine back from repair I am going to go camping!!!
We have two close dealers that have good reputations for service that sell the Columbus models; All Seasons RV in Muskegon & Midway here in GR, but All Seasons apparently makes more money on their less expensive brands and had not one Columbus to show us either on their lot or at the RV Show here in GR. Midway with Kyle W. has been great and we have not heard one negative comment about their service from any of their customers buying any type of RV from them over the past 6 years in fact their reputation is what sent us there in the first place before we even knew about the Palomino Columbus in the first place. I hope you can get satisfaction over near you because that can be so frustrating & ruin the whole camping season for anyone dealing with troubles. Good Luck and thanks again for the link on FB.
__________________

__________________
Myron & Delores
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
(2WD, Extended cab, 8' box)
2013 Palomino Columbus 320RS
53Oliver88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:44 PM   #22
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
SYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burton, MI.
Posts: 4,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Oliver88 View Post
We have two close dealers that have good reputations for service that sell the Columbus models; All Seasons RV in Muskegon & Midway here in GR, but All Seasons apparently makes more money on their less expensive brands and had not one Columbus to show us either on their lot or at the RV Show here in GR. Midway with Kyle W. has been great and we have not heard one negative comment about their service from any of their customers buying any type of RV from them over the past 6 years in fact their reputation is what sent us there in the first place before we even knew about the Palomino Columbus in the first place. I hope you can get satisfaction over near you because that can be so frustrating & ruin the whole camping season for anyone dealing with troubles. Good Luck and thanks again for the link on FB.
Yes I agree with you as I have heard nothing bad about Midway, Lakeshore, in Muskegeon, All seasons, and the other one in Chelsea. I have seen Freeway RV up by Midland as I drove by and seen they sell Columbus. I wish General RV sold them as they are within 20 miles from here in Birch Run.
__________________

__________________
Scott & Vicki
2018 Silverado 3500HD Dually 6.6L Duramax/Allison
2018 Columbus 366RL 1492 Edition
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79 Nights Camped 2018 4 nights reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:03 PM   #23
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
SYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burton, MI.
Posts: 4,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
If you come to Middlebury and tour the Columbus plant, stop by and say "hello." My office is just across the street in the Coachmen HQ building.
Bob,
As I would love to stop by and say hi to you, On Friday March 29th we will be on a tight schedule, we are going to try to get to the Columbus Factory for a tour and then heading to Chicago immediately following so I doubt if I will have time to stop. Plus the DW made the schedule!!!! I got 3 hours out of the whole weekend.
__________________
Scott & Vicki
2018 Silverado 3500HD Dually 6.6L Duramax/Allison
2018 Columbus 366RL 1492 Edition
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79 Nights Camped 2018 4 nights reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:37 PM   #24
Director, FROG
 
F.R.O.G.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Middlebury, IN
Posts: 2,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by syencer View Post
Bob,
As I would love to stop by and say hi to you, On Friday March 29th we will be on a tight schedule, we are going to try to get to the Columbus Factory for a tour and then heading to Chicago immediately following so I doubt if I will have time to stop. Plus the DW made the schedule!!!! I got 3 hours out of the whole weekend.
Actually, Scott, I'll be on the road on that Friday. We're heading for Washington, DC for the Cherry Blossom Festival rally, which starts April 2. We're going in a few days early to complete some arrangements before everyone else arrives, and to join some other FROGs for an Easter potluck dinner.
__________________

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:28 PM   #25
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
SYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burton, MI.
Posts: 4,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
Actually, Scott, I'll be on the road on that Friday. We're heading for Washington, DC for the Cherry Blossom Festival rally, which starts April 2. We're going in a few days early to complete some arrangements before everyone else arrives, and to join some other FROGs for an Easter potluck dinner.
See now I can say I stopped by and you weren't there.

On a good note I have the time off to go to the Goshen Rally in August with my DW. So Pencil me in I will send you the registration money and form as soon as I can. Thanks
__________________
Scott & Vicki
2018 Silverado 3500HD Dually 6.6L Duramax/Allison
2018 Columbus 366RL 1492 Edition
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79 Nights Camped 2018 4 nights reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:22 PM   #26
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
SYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burton, MI.
Posts: 4,116
I just wanted to say that my wife and I went to tour the Columbus Factory on Good Friday, and everyone there was more accommodating than we had expected. It was a very knowledgeable tour for us to find out how these are actually made and answered all of the questions that we had. I am also impressed with the quality control that you have in place. So a lot of our thoughts have been relieved and are really impressed with the customer support that you are providing. A special thanks goes out to Jack in the parts area that allowed us to take the parts that were shipping out to our dealer as part of our repair order with us to hand deliver them to the dealer. Again, thank you all at the Columbus Factory for making our day enjoyable!!!!
__________________
Scott & Vicki
2018 Silverado 3500HD Dually 6.6L Duramax/Allison
2018 Columbus 366RL 1492 Edition
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79 Nights Camped 2018 4 nights reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:35 PM   #27
Incheon, S. Korea
 
BigBaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Incheon, South Korea
Posts: 1,140
Neat! I hoped they allowed videos.
__________________
Me, Julie, Lil' Barry, Faith, and OSDs, Fang and Treaty
2003 Hyundai Starex (H1), 2012 Coachmen Clipper 126
I don't know when we'll be able to go camping again...
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:52 PM   #28
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
SYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burton, MI.
Posts: 4,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaron View Post
Neat! I hoped they allowed videos.
Sorry, as we did not have the time to take any pictures or video. We stopped by on our way to Chicago. It was a great time meeting all of the people that support the Columbus Line. We will probably go back in August during the FROG Rally when they are doing the tours as well. I also forgot to mention that the factory is a green factory and we were also impressed with this. Everyone there is a great bunch of people!!!
__________________

__________________
Scott & Vicki
2018 Silverado 3500HD Dually 6.6L Duramax/Allison
2018 Columbus 366RL 1492 Edition
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79 Nights Camped 2018 4 nights reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 PM.