Old 01-31-2013, 09:50 PM   #21
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporoo View Post
Turbs, I'm impressed my man, nice job. To be honest, I never really saw a need to add fans to the frig, but then again I have not ever had an issue with it. I can see where this would eliminate any chance of that happening. Thanks for the info.
Thank you for the comment.

As hot and humid as it gets here in the midwest and I am sure in other hot and humid places it really makes a difference .
My dw actually shook her head when I decided to do it and said "you play to much"

But the very next camping trip she actually commented on the way home on how so much more consistent the temperature was and that it stayed lower longer !

TURBS

Old 01-31-2013, 10:04 PM   #22

Here's one with a switch:
Dometic Evaporator Fan Greater inside cooling - RV Cooling Unit Warehouse

And one without a switch:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DOMETIC-NORC...243fff&vxp=mtr

Old 02-01-2013, 04:43 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by amxpress View Post
There was a problem with the fan being noisy when the fridge was on but it has been taken care of on later models. It created a high frequency whine that could be heard when sitting or in the kitchen. Adding an auxiliary fan is an idea especially when on high temperatures.
I see you have a 320rs. So, I take it from your post that you know for sure that this model has an exhaust fan. Is that right? My issue is that the couple of trips we have made so far, the freezer is only pulling down to 8 and the refer is at 39. I am afraid that when the weather really gets hot the refer won't be up to it. I pulled the lower and upper access panels and there is no way that a fan can be mounted on the bottom or the top. The only thing I can see to do is mount the fan on the back of the top access panel to pull the air out. I did notice that there was some kind of sensor? mounted to the cooling fins with 2 wires coming from it and going down the flu. I have no idea what they are hooked up to. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old 02-01-2013, 04:55 PM   #24
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelor2 View Post
I see you have a 320rs. So, I take it from your post that you know for sure that this model has an exhaust fan. Is that right? My issue is that the couple of trips we have made so far, the freezer is only pulling down to 8 and the refer is at 39. I am afraid that when the weather really gets hot the refer won't be up to it. I pulled the lower and upper access panels and there is no way that a fan can be mounted on the bottom or the top. The only thing I can see to do is mount the fan on the back of the top access panel to pull the air out. I did notice that there was some kind of sensor? mounted to the cooling fins with 2 wires coming from it and going down the flu. I have no idea what they are hooked up to. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Some have mounted there's fan/s in the top of the flue after taking roof cover off.
Old coot comes to mind.
Albeit a fifth wheel the principle is the same.

Turbs
Old 02-01-2013, 05:04 PM   #25

Turbo,
Thanks for the reply. My refer is in the slide so it has side vents both top and bottom. I directed my reply to amexpress because he seemed to be sure that there was already a fan and I just wanted to make sure, there was so I can proceed with certainty on a proper course of action to get this thing to cool a little better.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:11 PM   #26
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Turbo,
Thanks for the reply. My refer is in the slide so it has side vents both top and bottom. I directed my reply to amexpress because he seemed to be sure that there was already a fan and I just wanted to make sure, there was so I can proceed with certainty on a proper course of action to get this thing to cool a little better.
I understand ....
Was trying to help if I could!
Old 02-01-2013, 06:14 PM   #27
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

My 320 RLT Crusader has a fan in the top of the fridg compartment, drawing the air from bottom to top and exhausting through the top vent or access panel . It's located behind a thin plywood baffle . It makes a loud high pitched noise. Replacement on my to do list this spring.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:47 PM   #28

Quote:
Thanks
That is the condensers cooling fan temperature switch. I just installed the fan kit from Dometic on my pups frig. The switch turns the fan on and off as needed to cool the condenser down to 95f.
The directions in my kit did not tell me where to mount the sensor on the cooling fins. Is your sensor on the right, near the flue, or the left?
Old 02-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #29

My new Columbus 295RL has Refer fan noise as well. I called the factory and they said the fridge has to be pulled to work on that fan. Anyone have any alternate ideas. I really hate to have to disrupt the seals and wood work around the fridge to just replace that cheap fan. debarymj
Old 02-09-2013, 09:17 PM   #30

Just unhook it and install another one.
Usually it is when the fridge is installed in a slide out that you really need a fan due to not having a roof vent, but I think that is a good idea on any fridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debarymjm View Post
My new Columbus 295RL has Refer fan noise as well. I called the factory and they said the fridge has to be pulled to work on that fan. Anyone have any alternate ideas. I really hate to have to disrupt the seals and wood work around the fridge to just replace that cheap fan. debarymj

Tags
fan