Old 02-12-2013, 09:45 PM   #51

Orig Dometic fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayfox View Post
Tried to remount with no change. It's in the fan,but I appreciate thought.
Sometimes it takes longer than it used to, but I seem to recall Iggy ID'd the original fans with very high speed and capacity on the dual fans on his 4 door refrig in the GT 378. The chimney in that model is poor and they needed all the vent they could get. High capacity in any fan comes with noise of air flow, unless your'e in a fancy submarine! I gotta believe Dometic didn't use high cap fans just to waste money, but then who knows. One important consideration- If you can't cool the condenser at the top of the refrig outside, you can't cool the food inside either. Turbs and Coot have installed fans at the entrance of the stack at the bottom, others added fans drawing at the outside cover. Doesn't matter really just move "enough" air.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:31 PM   #52

I had to install a fan and aluminum flashing with insulation to the Clippers refrigerator. I like using the flashing because I could staple it in place.
I haven't checked the Sanibel yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Refrig fan 1.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	24306   Click image for larger version

Name:	Refrig fan 4.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	24307  

Old 02-14-2013, 08:27 AM   #53
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

That's much cleaner then the scrap plywood, nice fix.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:30 AM   #54

I like that idea of mounting the fan on top to draw the air out and once I install the baffle over the dead space, that would work. However, the flu is very narrow and I dont believe there will be room between the condensor fins and the vent. I think I am going to have to go from the bottom, if I am going to add a fan. I hope someone at the factory has seen this thread. My refer as well as others was not installed per dometic installation manual. They should review their install and make sure it is done per the dometic guide.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:35 AM   #55

One last thought. I do have 2 wires that are attached to the condensor fins on the right side. I will assume that these wires lead to a fan that is supposed to be mounted half way up the chimney, per the domectic installation guide. Maybe Chris Columbus can verify that in fact the fan is there.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:04 PM   #56

I forgot to mention, that is the Dometic kit I installed. The on/off switch is installed in the pup, next to the pump switch. The thermal switch is on the condenser fins on the right.

Lets camp!
Old 02-17-2013, 09:38 AM   #57

I bought a little battery powered fan at camping world for the inside of the frig. It runs on D size battery.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:31 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyv53
I bought a little battery powered fan at camping world for the inside of the frig. It runs on D size battery.
Does it help?
Old 02-18-2013, 06:32 AM   #59

I think it helps even out the temp. They said they sell a lot of them. Very simple, and inexpensive.

Tags
fan