Old 06-09-2016, 01:03 PM   #11

Great question, I am a little surprised just picked up our 3250 and have been wondering this also not real happy with the answers, so Havasu Bill with solar panels and 6v batteries you still only get 10 hours, wow that's barely over night, I would like to have the option of dry camping that really puts a damper on that.
Other than a generator I wonder what other options there are more batteries I guess.

Old 06-09-2016, 01:12 PM   #12

I have 4 12 volt batteries on my 335 and can go close to 24 hours, which pretty much matches the calculations that I posted. I think something is wrong with Havasu Bill's setup, especially adding 400 watts of solar to the mix. He should be doing better, unless he has kids that leave the door open a lot when he has a rainy day with no sun and they play video games all day with their Playstations hooked up to an inverter. Might also question fully charged if he has been out for a while since running a generator takes a long, long time to get to fully charged.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 01:21 PM   #13

Well, Scott that sounds a little better I was planning on putting 3-12v batteries in with solar, 24 hrs is a little better also with solar that could get you through a little while without running a genny all the time I guess.
Old 06-09-2016, 01:43 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepin1 View Post
a little while without running a genny all the time I guess.
Solar is almost essential if you aren't connected to 110 volts for days at a time. You can run the genny for a few hours, but that will never get you back to 100% SOC. Solar is the ticket, even if you aren't boondocking. Day in and day out it pumps charge back into the batteries...and has a really good possibility of keeping you near 100 percent. I have a Trimetric and I know how much power comes out of my bank. If the specific gravity or voltage is lower than the Trimetric predicts, that just means that the batteries, while rated for some AH capacity, are really no longer able to store what they were spec'd for. Sure they will come up to a good resting voltage and SG, but drawing 25% will drop them closer to 50 or 60 percent. I will replace my 12 volt batteries with 6 volt golf cart units when I can't live with the ones that came with the coach. My experience with 6v units being able to hold rated capacity for years has been really good. 12 V units just aren't that good over time.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 10:23 PM   #15
CWG

My refrigerators was set at -1 and 36. I will change the settings to see if I get more time out of the batteries.

Tags
refrigerator, battery