Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-24-2013, 12:43 AM   #1

Reviews on the Palomino Palomini?

Any buyer reviews on the Palomini travel trailer by Palomino RV. Interested in the 15rbs model with sofa sleeper slide-out. Appears to be similar to the Rpod but with more features. I just not a fan of the exterior and graphics. I like the Rpod graphics.
SurveyorWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:39 AM   #2
Always Learning

I have a Sabre fifth wheel by Palomino and love it. I am having slide out issues with one of my 4-slides but the factory is taking care of it now. Overall, I love it and have been extremely happy.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #3

I have a 2014 PUMA 30RKS. I have had issues with a swival rocker, (replaced by chair manufacturer,) and with the Genesis 3.0 radio. (it only seems to get its greatest reception when sitting on the floor outside of the entertainment center, and nobody can tell me why? (it has been replaced once).
On that note I love the trailer. We swapped the dinette set up for a dining table w/4 chairs, adds a ton of room and is more comfortable. We also eliminated the tub, and swapped the jacknife sofa for a Queen size pullout sofa bed. We found the cabinets next to the bed were kind of useless, so we bought a small 4 shelf metal unit at Lowes and put 2 shelves (turned longways) into each cabinet. Much more useful space that way. We also added the cabinets and wall paper above the dinette and sofa. I think that wall would look very plain w/o them.

I love the graphics on the Puma TT. I think that you can order the unit w/o decals if you choose.

Happy camping!

Dave
David 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #4

My wife and I bought a new 2013 columbus 320 rs and we loved it until the first time we used it, which was 1 year ago November 6. Not long after we got to Arizona and got set up the water heater started leaking and before we new it the front underbelly was streaming water. It seems someone at the factory didn't tighten the input water hose. No big problem to fix but now the insulation was ruined and the plastic underbelly is drooping down at least 6 inchs. no way to fix. Then the furnace started making noise( squirrel cage). We put up with that until we got back home to michigan and took it to our dealer. They fixed the cage but forgot to put duct hoses back on and we almost had a fire on our way back to Arizona this November. Fixed that so we didn't have to freeze on the way down. Oh, did I mention last winter we had numerous electrical problems that I managed to fix myself rather than go 35 miles to the nearest dealer. The automatic exhaust fan would never work until we got to the dealer in Michigan.
After we got here this November we developed another water leak on the other hose going to the water heater, you guessed it another flooded under belly. now the water heater does not work on the electric side, but does on gas. No help from any anyone on this but I assume the mechanics jerked a wire loose when they were working on the furnace. I have juice at the electric box but not at the thermostat. Now last night the furnace started making the same noise as last winter( squirrel cage again).
cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:26 PM   #5

To continue, last night I read that these trailers with lieppert axles are having brake failures. We are not happy campers right now and are loosing our confidence in the unit. My wife says it a good thing I'm pretty handy or we would be sh-t out of luck.
I don't mind having a few problems but We would like to spend more time enjoying our retirement instead of mechanicing on forest rivers junk.
I know that forest river will not reimburse me for my time and labor because thats just the way warren buffets companies are! I know, wah-wah-wah. A country boy can survive.
cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 10:24 PM   #6

We were impressed with the 179 BHS model. Lots of room for a small unit, plus I can tow it with my V6 Pathfinder.

I would like something bigger, but no way I'm I getting a truck just to pull my trailer.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
MN_Outdoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:14 AM   #7

After a closer look, we are not impressed with the build quality. I can't see this trailer holding up very well.

Too bad, because we like the layout.

MN_Outdoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:27 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Outdoors View Post
After a closer look, we are not impressed with the build quality. I can't see this trailer holding up very well.

I pull a 2014 Vibe 6502 and I do really like the overall quality. I'm not sure what your SUV can handle but you might want to look @ the 6501 model

Vibe Travel Trailer by Forest River

or you might consider the Aliner tt.

http://www.aliner.com/campers
Blubear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 09:38 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Outdoors View Post

We have a Palomini 142CK that we bought this past spring and have about 2500 miles on it. Overall it's build quality is similar to other trailers in it's size and price range that we looked at. I'll even go so far as to say the general materials and appliances are the same as you find in higher end units. Like most Forest River brands I have found Palomino to be responsive once you can get a hold of them. They were also prompt on sending me the engineering drawings for the roof so I could see where the antenna mount points are.

We have had the typical plumbing issues that you see from the smallest TT's to the largest MH's. All were easily resolved by me in a short time. One issue needed longer hoses and Palomino had them to me in two days. We have also run across stripped screws but again this is common in the industry and they are easily fixed.

One of the two biggest issues we've had were the refrigerator fan being very noisy and incorrectly installed. Neither were a Palomino caused problem. The fan comes from Dometic in their fan kits and the other was caused by the dealer not installing the fan correctly. I replaced the fan myself with a quieter one like many others here have on higher end units than mine. The other big issue was poorly cut holes where the waste lines enter the holding tank. This I had repaired by a local dealer under warranty and they did a great job actually lowering the tanks, patching the holes and undercoating the work. They also did some warranty work on the Dicor while they had the trailer that should have been done by the dealer we bought from before PDI.

The one design issue is the wall mounted AC unit. It's location and air deflector style do not allow the air to circulate throughout the trailer and only directs it towards the door. I have resolved this by adding a small fan that blows the air towards the front. The AC is also under powered for really hot weather or full summer sun (not atypical for RV's). I was not aware at the time but a larger roof mounted AC is an option and should do better than the wall mount. It would also provide for an additional cabinet over the kitchen and we all know how there is no such thing as "Too many cabinets". On the plus side is I can easily run the trailer on a 15 amp circuit as long as I don't run the AC and microwave at the same time.

Other than those most of our issues were with work our original dealer performed such as incorrect battery box installation, the fridge fan, propane tank holder had stripped screws, etc. While it is only a one time visit finding a good local dealer resolved most of our issues.

All in all for a first trailer I think it is ok and really helps us in determining what we would like in a TT 5 to 10 years down the road.
keith_h is offline   Reply With Quote