Old 04-29-2013, 09:50 AM   #11
Awesome...glad they worked out. I too am at my pin weight limit and as much as I want an "install it and forget it" answer, I'm still on the fence between the RAS and the Airlifter 5000. I'll post a pic when I get it figured out.
Thanks again for your input.

JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:18 PM   #12
Cmon your trying to use a light duty truck to pull that trailer?? No wonder is sank with it hooked up. Yes I know the "dealer" said it was enough of a truck....but

guy driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #13
Wanna Be Camper
Originally Posted by guy driver View Post
Cmon your trying to use a light duty truck to pull that trailer?? No wonder is sank with it hooked up. Yes I know the "dealer" said it was enough of a truck....but
A 3/4 ton isn't exactly a light duty trck.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2013: 16 2014: 5 2015: 3
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:39 PM   #14
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Mine is a 2500 HD it is a 3/4 ton with a 1 ton suspension!!
Scott & Vicki
2015 Silverado 3500HD 6.6L Duramax/Allison
2013 Columbus 295RL
Camped 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016, Camped 69 nights, 25 Nights Reserved
SYE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:44 PM   #15
daydreaming about camping
Originally Posted by syencer View Post
I was just going too respond to the other posts about this but it would not let me as the were to old. So I started a new one. I bit the bullet and purchased this for my truck. I will say it was on of the simplest installs that I have done on my truck. It took less than an hour from start to finish. I have not drove it but I will on Wednesday when I pick up my 5er and I will provide another update after that. So I just want to share the pictures that were taken during the install. The first pic is of my truck backed up against the 5th wheel but not hooked up. The next one is with my truck hooked up and you can see the sag. The rest are of the installation. If you have any questions feel free to ask!!!
I hope I am not raining on your parade, but when I first got My Excursion I had planned this upgrade. At the time everyone on The Excursion forum lived the RAS system. Then some people reported their system letting go under load. Apparently the shackle end would split on the spring. When they let go, it was under pressure and they did some damage. The more I read, the more afraid I was. I ended up canceling my order (which was actually back ordered at the time, again very popular. ) I ended up doing a spring upgrade instead.

I would make inspecting these past of your pre trip routine.

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote